I was just at a local Verizon store to check out the Storm2 (which they didn't have yet) and mentioned that I am going to wait and check out the Droid before I go with a Storm2.

He said that the monthly data plan for the Droid will be around $44/mo. compared to the $29.99 for the Blackberry data plan.

I really like what I am reading about the Droid, but that's expensive enough to be a deal-breaker for me!

Does anyone know more about what the data plan pricing per month will be?
    10-29-09 05:58 PM
    It should be $30/mo as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 06:04 PM
    they don't know what the cost of the data plan will be but I was told it will NOT be more than what I'm paying now.
    10-29-09 06:05 PM
    I wonder if these folks who are pre-ordering the phone at Best Buy would know?
    10-29-09 06:22 PM
    seriously why even ask store reps anything, they don't know squat...the data plan for any smartphone whether it's BB or winmo starts at $29.99/mth...the Droid will fit in this smartphone category as well..you only pay $44/mth for corporate email aka BES on BB
    10-29-09 06:28 PM
    I see. Thanks!
    10-29-09 06:31 PM
    How does texting figure in to the pricing scheme? It looks like their cheapest voice plan is $40/mo, and then $30 for data, but that doesn't include any messaging, does it?
    10-29-09 06:57 PM
    No msging included.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 07:21 PM
    How does texting figure in to the pricing scheme? It looks like their cheapest voice plan is $40/mo, and then $30 for data, but that doesn't include any messaging, does it?
    if you have a lot of friends on verizon just get the $10 plan which includes unlimited sms/mms to other verizon customers and 500 sms/mms to non verizon customers...there's always gtalk and other im clients like aim to communicate with others (this is included in your data plan and doesn't count as text messages)...so, it'll be $40 for voice, $30 for data, and $10 for messaging which equals about $90/mth without taxes/fees...
    10-29-09 07:28 PM
    I called today and talked to a rep and he said that I would be able to just keep the same data plan as I have for my berry....
    10-29-09 07:38 PM
    if you have a lot of friends on verizon just get the $10 plan which includes unlimited sms/mms to other verizon customers and 500 sms/mms to non verizon customers...there's always gtalk and other im clients like aim to communicate with others (this is included in your data plan and doesn't count as text messages)...so, it'll be $40 for voice, $30 for data, and $10 for messaging which equals about $90/mth without taxes/fees...
    or use Google Voice...
    10-29-09 10:05 PM
    Keep in mind there's two data plans for a BB. $29.95 for BIS, $44.95 for BES/BIS. A few months ago they retroed these prices to WinMo and other smartphone plans as well. There are now $30 ones and $45 ones. There's a small catch on the cheaper $30 priced ones for PDA, but I can't remember what. The best solution (to come out cheaper) would be to buy the bundled plans. You usually get slightly more minutes and the higher end data plan for the $30 pricepoint, but the bundle plans start at $80 a month.
    10-29-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD