and I've lost patience waiting for the Bionic. Has anyone been following the Charge closely enough to share some specs? Here's what I've found so far:

Samsung Droid Charge is 129.7 x 67.5 x 11.5 mm and weighs 143 g

The Droid Bionic, Thunderbolt and Droid Charge all have 4.3-inch 480 x 800 pixel displays.

Samsung’s smartphone has 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM and 2 GB internal storage whereas

Hotspot: Droid Charge serves 10 devices.

The 8-megapixel 3264x2448 pixels camera is found in all the smartphones with autofocus, geo-tagging and face detection. LED flash and smile detection as well

single-core 1 GHz Hummingbird processor

1600 mAh battery,
    ----------------

Does anyone know if it is VoLTE capable? Not sure if it has 2.2 or 2.3 OS.
    04-26-11 08:58 AM
    and I've lost patience waiting for the Bionic. Has anyone been following the Charge closely enough to share some specs? Here's what I've found so far:

Samsung Droid Charge is 129.7 x 67.5 x 11.5 mm and weighs 143 g

The Droid Bionic, Thunderbolt and Droid Charge all have 4.3-inch 480 x 800 pixel displays.

Samsung�s smartphone has 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM and 2 GB internal storage whereas

Hotspot: Droid Charge serves 10 devices.

The 8-megapixel 3264x2448 pixels camera is found in all the smartphones with autofocus, geo-tagging and face detection. LED flash and smile detection as well

single-core 1 GHz Hummingbird processor

1600 mAh battery,
    ----------------

Does anyone know if it is VoLTE capable? Not sure if it has 2.2 or 2.3 OS.
    According to this article, it's got 2.2:

Verizon to launch $300 LTE Samsung Droid Charge on April 28
    04-26-11 09:39 AM
    According to this article, it's got 2.2:

Verizon to launch $300 LTE Samsung Droid Charge on April 28
    damn. always something to mar our happiness. I don't understand 2.2 being put on a phone at this late date.
    04-26-11 10:15 AM
    Its rumored to have a locked bootloader and samasung is always iffy when it cones to OS updates. If you're into modding your phone or care about have the latest version of android, you may want to consider those two bits of info.
    04-26-11 10:30 AM
    @OP - I know what you mean, Dave. I too am getting impatient, but will wait it out a while. I am just not fond of the physical buttons at the bottom; reminds me of the Storm - just a place for dirt to hide, plus I am paranoid of those becoming loose!
    04-26-11 11:41 AM
    I haven't had luck with Samsung products. Am passing on it. I prefer HTC
    04-26-11 11:47 AM
    Other than the AMOLED screen and slightly bigger battery specs are similar to the ThunderBolt for 50 bucks more.
    04-26-11 12:03 PM
    I'm holding out for the Galaxy S2. My original Galaxy S (Fascinate), will hold me over until then. Yes, they only recently released the official 2.2 for it, but lots of us had it long ago. It's super thin, and the Super AMOLED screen is fantastic. The S2 will add the Super AMOLED + screen (like the Charge), and be even thinner. Worth waiting for IMO.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 04-27-11 at 07:17 AM.
    04-26-11 12:40 PM
    The Droid Incredible 2 is launching on the 28th as well. Looks to be a good option for those who do not have or need 4G data.
    04-26-11 01:28 PM
    I haven't had luck with Samsung products. Am passing on it. I prefer HTC
    I haven't had luck with RIM products. I've got several Sammy TV's, my wife had a Sammy phone, no problems. I want a relatively trouble free phone NOW. I spent 45 minutes getting my storm back in service just now. It wouldn't let me press anything near the bottom of the screen. couldn't type, call, receive, etc. I was afraid it was hardware, but after 2 battery pulls and no luck, i reloaded the OS and it's back "up". sigh. POS.
    04-26-11 04:34 PM
    I'm holding out for the Galaxy S2. My original Galaxy S (Fascinate), will hold me over until then. Yes, they just recently released the official 2.2 for it, but lots of us had it long ago. It's super thin, and the Super AMOLED screen is fantastic. The S2 will add the Super AMOLED + screen (like the Charge), and be even thinner. Worth waiting for IMO.
    How soon is it coming? not knowing makes me say screw it, and get a 4G phone NOW.
    04-26-11 04:37 PM
    The Droid Incredible 2 is launching on the 28th as well. Looks to be a good option for those who do not have or need 4G data.
    thanks, but I'm in a 4G city and won't entertain the thought of having another 3G phone.
    04-26-11 04:38 PM
    thanks, but I'm in a 4G city and won't entertain the thought of having another 3G phone.
    LTE is addictive. My first month using the ThunderBolt was the most I've ever used a phone. Ended up using 6.7 gigs of data!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-26-11 at 04:53 PM.
    04-26-11 04:50 PM
    Bionic officially gone it appears, they are hyping the charge alot now though. Not sure what will actually peak my interest next other than a dual core HTC device running 2.4
    04-26-11 05:00 PM
    I haven't had luck with RIM products. I've got several Sammy TV's, my wife had a Sammy phone, no problems. I want a relatively trouble free phone NOW. I spent 45 minutes getting my storm back in service just now. It wouldn't let me press anything near the bottom of the screen. couldn't type, call, receive, etc. I was afraid it was hardware, but after 2 battery pulls and no luck, i reloaded the OS and it's back "up". sigh. POS.
    Man, I hope mine stays working for a few more months; I still haven't any trouble (knock-on-wood) with mine at all. I'm anxious to see what you get, so you can tell us all about it, ha!
    04-26-11 06:35 PM
    How soon is it coming? not knowing makes me say screw it, and get a 4G phone NOW.
    Strictly guessing, I say August.
    04-26-11 07:29 PM
    Man, I hope mine stays working for a few more months; I still haven't any trouble (knock-on-wood) with mine at all. I'm anxious to see what you get, so you can tell us all about it, ha!
    Oh and you know that he will. lmao
    04-26-11 07:51 PM
    Less than 48 hours til I see the Charge. I've already read about it's stellar screen with inky blacks. Now what I have to be concerned with is speaker phone volume/clarity, as I'm nearly always in speaker phone mode. I may be beating down the doors of the nearby Verizon store the moment they get ready to open. I will be one unhappy camper if the phone doesn't sound good.
    04-26-11 08:11 PM
    Oh and you know that he will. lmao
    Trolling again? Or just following me around, as usual, making snarky comments? How about you get a life?
    04-26-11 08:24 PM
    IMO the Charge is not worth it. It's just another refreshed SGS with 4G. The SGS 2 will be out very soon which will make this think look like a POS.
    04-26-11 08:27 PM
    IMO the Charge is not worth it. It's just another refreshed SGS with 4G. The SGS 2 will be out very soon which will make this think look like a POS.
    if it takes more than a couple of weeks for it to come out, that's too slow for me. I can't stand my POS S2.
    04-26-11 09:28 PM
    Trolling again? Or just following me around, as usual, making snarky comments? How about you get a life?
    Um....how am I following you around? What you think this is, Twitter or something?

Last time I checked the site was called CRACKBERRY.COM. Not DAVE'S HOUSE OF ALWAYS COMPLAINING. So I can post where ever I **** well please. When you get your own site you can make your own rules.

I quoted corymcnutt not YOU. Just like yesterday when you accused me of talking about you and I wasn't. Like I said before, you must feel guilty about something.

Look, why don't you take your own advice and put ME on ignore since you feel that I am always talking about you. (Like there isn't others that don't talk about you)

So why don't YOU go get a life and go buy the Droid Charge. I hear it's a great phone. Deuces
    Last edited by Itzdatdude; 04-26-11 at 09:37 PM.
    04-26-11 09:29 PM

Look, why don't you take your own advice and put ME on ignore since
    Not a problem. Done!
    04-27-11 12:42 AM
    if it takes more than a couple of weeks for it to come out, that's too slow for me. I can't stand my POS S2.
    I'm sure you will be upset when you are rocking last years tech for another 2 years. The 1-2 month wait will be worth it.
    04-27-11 11:00 AM
    I'm sure you will be upset when you are rocking last years tech for another 2 years. The 1-2 month wait will be worth it.
    speak for yourself. phones are outdated so quickly, I'd be waiting for ever.

I don't think I can take another few weeks or months with the S2. Got it????
    04-27-11 11:04 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD