What uses more battery? Being on 3G or connection to WiFi?

Any other tips for better battery life? The screen dimming is set to auto. I changed the timeout for screen to 30 sec and still draining battery before end of day.
    12-25-09 11:23 AM
    if you can get away with it (i can) add the power control widget to homescreen and disable the auto sync of contacts calendar gmail every 30 minutes. i don't get that many emails on gmail (mostly myspace facebook guy or texting) thus I just refresh it myself when i feel need to check.. Gives me a few more hours. I get about a day and a half on my droid with heavy text usage (1200+ a day).

if you need the gmail, then this unfortunatly won't work for you.
    12-25-09 02:46 PM
    if you can get away with it (i can) add the power control widget to homescreen and disable the auto sync of contacts calendar gmail every 30 minutes. i don't get that many emails on gmail (mostly myspace facebook guy or texting) thus I just refresh it myself when i feel need to check.. Gives me a few more hours. I get about a day and a half on my droid with heavy text usage (1200+ a day).

if you need the gmail, then this unfortunatly won't work for you.
    Thanks. I can do that. I also turned off satellites. Will use that only when I need it.
    12-25-09 03:32 PM
    Still looking for an answer to my original question.

What uses more battery? Being on 3G or connection to WiFi?
    12-25-09 03:33 PM
    its honestly an up in the air question.

best way to find out would be to find a battery metering program in market place and run the phone from 100% on wifi to 50 or so and see how it breaks down your power usage and total draing time from 100 to 50, and then repeat test on the 3g.

IN MY EXPERIANCE....EXPERIANCE not tests, WIFI takes more juice but has higher potential speeds as well, however wifi on a weak weak access point will eat battery as it will constantly try to renew the connection. 3g doesnt do that unless you are in a WAY bad area
    12-25-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD