Hey i was just wondering if the battery cover is suppose to be tight when in place. My battery cover seems really loose and really easy to slide on and off. Let me know guys, thanks.
    11-09-09 08:58 PM
    Mine is pretty tight.
    11-09-09 09:03 PM
    Mine is tight as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 09:04 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies! Looks like I'm making an exchange tomorrow.
    11-09-09 09:05 PM
    Tight......
    11-09-09 09:11 PM
    Hey, you could always do the electrical tape mod!

Haha, I kid.

11-09-09 09:26 PM
    Hey, you could always do the electrical tape mod!

Haha, I kid.

LOL. That was definitely the case with the Tour I had (and returned).

11-09-09 09:50 PM
    mines pretty snug as well
    11-09-09 10:52 PM
    Mine is loose... I didn't realize it.

and today, it appears my battery door fell off and is lost. I can't find it in the house, car, parking lot..

11-11-09 03:26 PM

and today, it appears my battery door fell off and is lost. I can't find it in the house, car, parking lot..

Man, that sucks.

Mark, I know you are a huge Moto supporter. How are you liking the Droid so far?
    11-11-09 03:32 PM

Damn that's all bad. I got a replacement yesterday and the battery cover is much tighter now.
    11-11-09 03:43 PM
    Worse is, the local VZW store (at my parents because my dad is in ICU at the hospital) do NOT have battery covers for this phone, they are not aware of the issue, and they have no "tech bulletins" on this issue.

They referred me to Moto at 800-668-6765.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11-11-09 at 07:50 PM.
    11-11-09 07:33 PM
    Mark, I know you are a huge Moto supporter. How are you liking the Droid so far?
    I'm a huge fan of any phones that work well, have good/great battery life and have great/outstanding reception. For a while that was Moto (V710, E815, V9M). But there were some LG's in there that I loved (enV, Dare)

The Droid is not a "bad phone" but its not my "favorite." I'm disappointed by some of its features and lack of others (no BT voice dial, Gmaps doesn't Speak the directions via BT, no "profiles" or "Ring Styles" like older moto's and other dumb phones so changing the sounds/notifications is spread out all over the place, things like copy/paste need to use the hard qwerty keybd as well as other things NEED you to use the slide out keybd, voice commands gets what I'm saying wrong more often than it gets right, touch screen often takes my setting thumb down as trying to click on something, poor camera, not intuitive, and other things).

Its has potential. But it also has its bugs and quirks that keeps it from being "the best of the best."

I don't think they should have advertised it against the iPhone directly. Easy of use and "just works" needed to be priority #1 to put against iPhone. Not to mention, the phone needs to stand up alone on its own merits...
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11-12-09 at 10:10 AM.
    11-11-09 07:49 PM

'Add me to the list, i just lost mine today. any luck getting a new one from vZW?
    11-12-09 01:34 AM
    yea mynes loose. it slides a bit but not off. just slide towards the left a little
    11-12-09 01:47 AM
    My cover is tight as mentioned, and I have the hard gel case on it as well. No losing the battery cover for me.

Mark, try the app called Quick Profiles, it will let you set profiles like you are used to on the BB.

11-12-09 01:53 AM
    Mark, try the app called Quick Profiles, it will let you set profiles like you are used to on the BB.
    Thanks, I do have Quick Profiles installed..

1. While using a 3rd party app is a work around, this feature SHOULD BE included as part of the OS. I doubt 3rd party apps are tested for interoperability, so keep using add-on apps, and you can compromise the stability of the phone.

2. QP does not set the "ringer" used for each individual email account. You still have to adjust that under settings of the email account. Also, while it allows you to pick/set the volume of the notification sound or alarm sound, it does not control what sound/tone is selected for these. So you still have to go else where to set them. i.e. even with QP, you still don't have 1 single place to change/set ALL sounds/notifications.

'Add me to the list, i just lost mine today. any luck getting a new one from vZW?
    Just before I left my parent's condo to head home.. I realized that Mom stopped at her neighbor's before we left for the hospital, so I went down there, and sitting on the ground in front of the neighbor's door was my battery cover!

So I did find mine, and I don't need to get another. At least not now.

I put the door back on... and it does feel "tight" so I don't know how or why it came off. BUT I will be keeping an eye on this!!
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11-12-09 at 07:17 AM.
    11-12-09 07:14 AM
    Mine has fallen off several times,each time it has done it I was taking it out of the holster . I have the one that holds the phone with the screen facing in.
    11-14-09 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD