I've definitely heard Droid is heads over heals better than the storm. Now I see they have the "torch." I love my BB Curve, but have heard lots about the storm, then while looking at that, I've heard even more about the droid. I am getting my new phone on Friday.

So it is between the Torch (which I guess is brand new and prolly has lots of quirks to work out), and the 3 Droid models Verizon has to offer).

I've looked at all three on the Verizon website, but I can't really tell the difference, and I can't find a way to "compare" side by side.

I want the email like BB has, I love apps. I am beginning to get used to the idea of having the touch screen.

Do all three have the slide out qwerty keyboard?
    Are all three skype compatible?
    Best camera?
    Do the droid phones have something comparable to BBM? I kinda like BBM.

If you've chosen between the three, how and why did you choose the one you did.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
    08-12-10 01:00 PM
    i would venture away from the X, locked SPL /ATM/ = no custom ROMS..

1)Do all three have the slide out qwerty keyboard?
    2)Are all three skype compatible?
    3)Best camera?
    4)Do the droid phones have something comparable to BBM? I kinda like BBM.

The Droid 2 is the only one with a slide out keyboard
    via Verizion - yes
    Droid 2 or Incredible
    Yes the use Google Talk as their BBM.
    08-12-10 01:25 PM
    As far as google talk, is there a per message charge for using? I am probably the only person, but I don't have a text message plan because I rarely text, so just wondering if I would need a plan if I was to use google talk.
    08-12-10 01:56 PM
    TY!

So between 2 and incredible

2 is a mobile hotspot. Is that a feature you pay extra for, or is it automatically included? Does incredible have it (it doesn't say, but it doesn't say it offers skype either... but I found it does).

The Incredible has an 8 mp camera and the 2 has a 5.

The 2 has the slide out, the incredible does not.

Surely the hotspot and the slide out aren't the only 2 features that are different? But, I can't seem to find any other. That just seems odd to me.
    08-12-10 01:59 PM
    As far as google talk, is there a per message charge for using? I am probably the only person, but I don't have a text message plan because I rarely text, so just wondering if I would need a plan if I was to use google talk.
    Google Talk, on Androids, use Data. They do not use SMS messages. so you can message from you Google Talk account to other smart phone w/ google talk, or people who have Google Talk on a PC.

and you can use Google Talk on your PC to message other PCs or any smartphone w/ google talk.
    08-12-10 02:05 PM
    TY!

2 is a mobile hotspot. Is that a feature you pay extra for, or is it automatically included? Does incredible have it (it doesn't say, but it doesn't say it offers skype either... but I found it does).

Surely the hotspot and the slide out aren't the only 2 features that are different? But, I can't seem to find any other. That just seems odd to me.
    There are Applications out there that will enable any Rooted Phone to become a Wi-Fi hot spot.. .. .. just saying

And physically yes that is the only difference, one has a slide out keyboard one does not.

Firmware they are little different 2 will come with Android 2.2 (FroYo) and will support Flash 10.1. Incredible will not, but should be getting 2.2 shortly.
    08-12-10 02:07 PM
    TY!

The Incredible does not have the Hotspot feature...yet. That will come with 2.2 for that phone. And there is an additional charge for the Mobile Hotspot, it's 20 bucks more for 2GB's. IMO the camera is great on the Incredible, X, than D2, in that order. But the video on the X is awesome. Skype is available on all 3, so it boils down to preference. Do you want a physical keyboard? Is the BIG screen of the X a problem? I say you can't go wrong with any of them.
    08-12-10 02:12 PM
    All of them are great phones but I would definitely recommend the X. It is awesome and the 4.3" screen makes everything much more enjoyable.
    08-12-10 02:24 PM

via Verizion - yes
    Droid 2 or Incredible
    actually the boot loader for the x got cracked by birdman so froyo and custom bootloader to come by the weekend for the x
    08-12-10 03:06 PM
    i would venture away from the X, locked SPL /ATM/ = no custom ROMS...
    And I'm pretty sure that's the same case for the D2..... Moto did say that if you want to load custom ROMs, pick a different manufacturer. So I am guessing that this applies to all future devices. You can read this thread discussing it.

Will the droid 2's Bootloader be locked ? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

So if thats the case, go fr the X. It has better specs (Camera, HD recording, HDMI out...)
    08-12-10 03:07 PM

via Verizion - yes
    Droid 2 or Incredible
    Just loaded a custom theme on my X

As far a BBM try ping chat android market...... its free.
    From Droid Life
    Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - Part 2

Droid X the obvious bigger screen no keyboard
    D2 slider keyboard smaller screen.
    They are both pretty even. As far as mega pixels on the camera
    thats debateable wether or not that makes a difference in image
    quality
    08-12-10 03:33 PM
    Just loaded a custom theme on my X
    Custom theme is different than a custom ROM

Just saying
    08-12-10 03:42 PM
    Custom theme is different than a custom ROM

Just saying
    You're right, but in time I am soooooo happy I no longer have that white
    notification bar. It is such a clash..... (my inner chick working here)
    Please please don't rain on my parade
    08-12-10 03:45 PM
    The only thing I would want right now out of a custom ROM is for HDMI playback to work on anything. Like once I plug it in it shows my devices homescreen. Otherwise, the device runs so smooth and has absolutely no lag, I can care less. With the Droid, I needed custom ROMs because the device was slower.
    08-12-10 03:47 PM
    Droid X is too damn big. Droid 2's slide out keyboard was a a no no for me. I went with the Incredible. Nice sized 3.7" screen.
    08-12-10 04:08 PM
    You're right, but in time I am soooooo happy I no longer have that white
    notification bar. It is such a clash..... (my inner chick working here)
    Please please don't rain on my parade
    I'm not, the Droid X is a nice device, but the locked SPL is a MASSIVE turn off for me
    08-12-10 04:12 PM
    I'm not, the Droid X is a nice device, but the locked SPL is a MASSIVE turn off for me
    I was just being funny and didn't take it personal. You aren't the only one that feels that way
    08-12-10 06:01 PM
    Droid X is too damn big. Droid 2's slide out keyboard was a a no no for me. I went with the Incredible. Nice sized 3.7" screen.
    I don't find it to be too big at all. Have you held it in your hand? Carried it in your pocket? It's size is one of the biggest pluses for me. To each his own...the best thing is to stop by the store, try em all out and pick one.
    08-13-10 01:58 AM
    Does one of the 3 get better phone reception? I have heard that if you talk to someone on a droid it does not sound as clear and loud. Unfortunately I do not talk to anyone that has a droid so I cannot decide for myself.
    08-13-10 07:56 AM
    Droid X...
    08-13-10 08:05 AM
    I was just being funny and didn't take it personal. You aren't the only one that feels that way
    I don't take anything on forums personally.... life is to short to get worked up over some knuckle head i've never met...

want to get me fired up, tell me Popeye's Chicken went out of business.
    08-13-10 08:09 AM
    I got both DX and incredible

I get email just like my blackberry did , actually more since I had my pop mail linked with my gmail account

Skypes on the DX already (pre installed) , Incredible you just have to download it not big deal to do I just havent yet .

I think I read about a program thats similar to BBM in Android Central forums( thats crackberries sister forum) but I dont have it yet so not for sure on that.

Dx and Incredible are totally touch screens no physical keyboards

The D2 has a physical keyboard. as well as touch screen.

DX and Incredibles are 8 megapixel on camera,D2 is 5 megapixel.

I added a line to get the Incredible and upgraded(blackberry 8330) to get the DX just got the DX as a bonus my first choice was incredible but both phones are great just a few different features since one made by HTC and one made by Motorola .Depends on what size you prefer the DX is not THAT much bigger but does have hard buttons at the bottom instead of soft touch buttons like the incredible does .I'd say check them both out and make your decision based on what you prefer on those two(or 3 ) no one can tell you ,thats on you , lol

Oh I just don't like sliders so ruled out the D2 for me but that's me , ha
    08-13-10 08:54 AM
    Droid 2's keyboard looks improved and more sturdy, I know someone with the Milestone (Droid) that complained about buttons popping out. Also they ditched that god awful ugly gold rectangle direcitonal pad- but I wish they added an optical trackpad instead of directional buttons.

From what I hear, the Droid X is one of the best phones right now, other good ones are EVO 4G, Desire and Galaxy S (Vibrant/Captivate).
    08-13-10 10:57 AM
    i don't take anything on forums personally.... Life is to short to get worked up over some knuckle head i've never met...

Want to get me fired up, tell me popeye's chicken went out of business.
    roflmao........................
    08-13-10 11:38 AM
    Does one of the 3 get better phone reception? I have heard that if you talk to someone on a droid it does not sound as clear and loud. Unfortunately I do not talk to anyone that has a droid so I cannot decide for myself.
    I have never had that problem with the Droid, but the DX gets the best reception and has the best call quality out of any device I have ever owned. People say I sound linke I'm on a house phone, or I'm standing right next to them when they call me.
    08-13-10 12:02 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD