The popular BlackBerry web app, Yesterberry, is coming to an Android near you! I'm announcing an open beta test for anyone who wants to try it out:

Instructions

1. Go to http://www.yesterberry.com on your Android device.
    2. Take some screenshots of the News, VOD and TV sections.
    3. Look for any bugs or problems while enjoying your visit

Then just report everything back here to this thread, and we'll get it fixed up and looking good for you guys. I had a chance to try Yesterberry out on a Droid a month or so ago, and found it functional, but not optimally displayed. With your help we can get it 100%! Thanks in advance for your input.
    10-17-10 10:11 AM
    OMFG, you guys are gonna LOVE this!!!!!!!! Should work great with all that Droid horsepower too!
    10-18-10 09:01 AM
    What is it? Never heard of it. Explain please?
    10-18-10 09:25 AM
    What is it? Never heard of it. Explain please?
    This is the first time I herd about it as well. I went on and it did look pretty promising. I tried to look at one of the movies and it didn't load.
    But I bookmarked it, nice thanks.
    10-18-10 09:52 AM
    It's a website, with Video & Audio on demand as well as live streaming. There are well known channels available. Check it out you will NOT be disappointed

EDIT: Charred needs sceencaps as he will optimize the site so it will display properly on your devices. He worked extensively with BB users to get the site optimized for the different BB sizes and in perticular the new Webkit browser. He and I logged MANY hours debugging the layout for the new browser!
    10-18-10 10:00 AM
    I tested this on my 9700, and really enjoyed it. Would love to test on my new Captivate, however I'm still familiarizing myself with it, and what i've read so far on various forums is it has to be rooted to take screenshots. Maybe after I master that I'll give it a go
    10-18-10 10:13 AM
    visited on my Inc using the default browser and dolphin and all i got was the "you have to view using your BB" message
    10-18-10 10:16 AM
    This is the first time I herd about it as well. I went on and it did look pretty promising. I tried to look at one of the movies and it didn't load.
    But I bookmarked it, nice thanks.
    What error message (if any) did you get? I'd be happy to try troubleshooting it.

I tested this on my 9700, and really enjoyed it. Would love to test on my new Captivate, however I'm still familiarizing myself with it, and what i've read so far on various forums is it has to be rooted to take screenshots. Maybe after I master that I'll give it a go
    Ah, sorry- I didn't realize that there wasn't a screenshot app available. Score one for us BlackBerry users For now, even a description would be fine, such as "everything is in a little square in the upper left corner" or something. That would give me a starting point for setting up the layout.

visited on my Inc using the default browser and dolphin and all i got was the "you have to view using your BB" message
    The website is set to accept any phone with the Android user agent string. If you're seeing that message, you might have installed an application to switch your user agent so that your browser shows up as a PC to websites... hence, Yesterberry can't detect it. Unfortunately this is essential for each different model to display properly.

I'll do some more research for this on my end. I only had a few minutes to try Yesterberry on a Droid about a month ago. As I said, my impression was that it was functional, so I'm assuming it wasn't a fluke and all Android-based devices can enjoy it. It would be a shame if more platforms couldn't enjoy Yesterberry!
    10-18-10 12:20 PM
    after some fiddling around a a little more i got it to work using dolphin. pretty cool, have to look more tonight
    10-18-10 12:35 PM
    Fox news works device info above

Radio stations have no problem either.

Movies never loaded.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 10-18-10 at 04:46 PM.
    10-18-10 04:44 PM
    Fox news works device info above

Radio stations have no problem either.

Movies never loaded.
    Thanks for posting your results! Sounds like a mixed bag. It's always interesting to hear what works and what doesn't, especially when it's the exact opposite of the BlackBerry 9650 experience (they can watch movies but not Fox News).

After looking on the web, it seems a lot of Android phones don't actually support the RTSP streaming protocol. That would be a shame! Now I'm just waiting for a BlackBerry enthusiast to jump in here, pointing and laughing- "See?? We have screenshot apps and can do RTSP streaming! Our phones are da best!!"
    10-18-10 06:55 PM
    @CharredPC
    I've taken your first post and put it in the Beta Apps section on androidcentral.com - you may want to check the thread there for additional feedback.
    10-18-10 08:40 PM
    It's a website, with Video & Audio on demand as well as live streaming. There are well known channels available. Check it out you will NOT be disappointed

EDIT: Charred needs sceencaps as he will optimize the site so it will display properly on your devices. He worked extensively with BB users to get the site optimized for the different BB sizes and in perticular the new Webkit browser. He and I logged MANY hours debugging the layout for the new browser!
    Thanks PK. Reading this thread, I will adjust settings and try. Sounds real cool
    10-18-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD