I updated my phone to gingerbread but want to get it back to froyo. How can I do that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 08:59 AM
    What phone and how did you update it? Root then custom ROM, or was it an update provided by your carrier?
    06-17-11 10:12 AM
    It is probably the new GB update for the Evo.

At this point there is no exploit for the new GB OTA, but if you were rooted before the update, you should have maintained root. Go into your bootloader ( power + vol down IIRC) and look for either S-ON or S-OFF. If you see S-OFF, you still have root. You just need to reload the recovery.
    06-17-11 11:06 AM
    Is that only for the EVO? I have a Droid 2 that is Rooted, but on stock kernal and ROM and I've deleted no applications. The GB update is coming soon for my device and I think I will lose root access with the update.
    06-17-11 11:18 AM
    I thought that generally you lost root with updates such as this?
    06-17-11 11:29 AM
    It is probably the new GB update for the Evo.

At this point there is no exploit for the new GB OTA, but if you were rooted before the update, you should have maintained root. Go into your bootloader ( power + vol down IIRC) and look for either S-ON or S-OFF. If you see S-OFF, you still have root. You just need to reload the recovery.
    I'm going to guess that the OP probably doesn't have root access, based upon the lack of info provided in the post.

I'm curious as to why anyone would want to downgrade though.
    06-17-11 11:31 AM
    I'm going to guess that the OP probably doesn't have root access, based upon the lack of info provided in the post.

I'm curious as to why anyone would want to downgrade though.

For the root. They haven't been able to root the Official GB update yet. Give it a week or so and someone over at XDA will have it rooted.
    06-17-11 11:45 AM
    Yes it is on the EVO. The reason for wanting to downgrade is because I do want to root now and it seems impossible to do it with gingerbread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD