There were rumors that verizon will charge 15/mo for exchange service on the droid, is it true? does anyone pay 15 per month for exchange?
    11-20-09 01:24 PM
    No, that is a fallacy. The standard data plan, the 29.99 one, will give you exchange support.
    11-20-09 01:30 PM
    The $15 extra is for corporate accounts. Personal accounts can connect for the normal 29.99
    11-20-09 01:30 PM
    Whats the differance between corporate account and personal on the droid?
    11-20-09 01:38 PM
    by corporate I meant a business account with verizon.
    11-20-09 01:44 PM
    by corporate I meant a business account with verizon.
    I have a business account with Verizon (corporate) and I have not only the $29.99 plan connected successfully to Exchange, but I get a 22% discount for having a corporate plan.

If you have the $44.99 plan and you don't use a blackberry on BES you're getting ripped off.
    11-20-09 01:46 PM
    11-20-09 05:15 PM
    And that is proof that just because you operate an interweb blog, you can still be a moron. He's wrong. I'm sure he knows he was wrong, but too lazy or too in love with AT$T to retract.
    11-20-09 05:23 PM
    Jeezus people. Verizon DOES NOT charge extra for Exchange support, no matter what internet blog says. Why would you spread false info Logan2k?

There were rumors about it happening but they all ended up being false. It's too bad people are too lazy to conduct some research before posting a blog on the interwebs.
    11-20-09 05:30 PM
    Jeezus people. Verizon DOES NOT charge extra for Exchange support, no matter what internet blog says. Why would you spread false info Logan2k?

There were rumors about it happening but they all ended up being false. It's too bad people are too lazy to conduct some research before posting a blog on the interwebs.
    READ the article. The blog says VERIZON claims it necessary to pay extra for corporate email, which is probably true if you ask any of their clueless CSRs.

" so if you're silent to Verizon about your intended use of what it calls "corporate e-mail" and don't call for support on it, you can probably avoid the extra monthly charge."

Secondly, I pointed out the article because it accurately states that the Droid does NOT support ActiveSync polices and therefore is a dealbreaker for many users looking to use it for corporate use. Many people on here don't know that but will quickly find out when they try to get it working with Exchange.
    11-20-09 05:44 PM
    Hmmm. I thought it did have Activesync support? I am looking at the droid hard but that is a deal breaker for me. I have read that some have got it to work though? I am using Notifysync on my Storm now but would like to go to the Droid.
    11-20-09 08:23 PM
    Hmmm. I thought it did have Activesync support? I am looking at the droid hard but that is a deal breaker for me. I have read that some have got it to work though? I am using Notifysync on my Storm now but would like to go to the Droid.
    ActiveSync does work, however, some corporations require additional policies that the Droid does not support.

Good info:

Active Sync Policies and Android 2.0 on Motorola Droid - Verizon Community

Issue 4475 - android - Support for ActiveSync provisioning protocol - Project Hosting on Google Code

Talk to your Exchange admins, they will know whether or it will work.
    11-20-09 08:34 PM
    Does the Iphone support all of them? I know Notifysync works on our network but I am not sure what policies it covers... maybe all I guess.
    11-20-09 08:49 PM
    We have pretty tight security at my work, and the Droid works fine with Exchange.
    11-20-09 08:57 PM
    We have pretty tight security at my work, and the Droid works fine with Exchange.
    Did your BB work with the exchange? We have an ISA server on ours so the BB would not work by itself. Iphones do not have any issues but I had to get an app to get the BB to work.
    11-20-09 09:05 PM
    If you don't mind using a 3rd party APP on the Droid, people are reporting that Touchdown is able to work with the additional policy requirements (if they are enforced on Exchange). That may be the answer for you.
    11-20-09 09:15 PM
    Before I got my Droid I did some research on this. There was and still seems to be conflicting information. When I got it they asked me if I wanted to sync up with my workplace corporate server (they noticed I was preiously on the $45 BES plan). I said I would just go with the $30 plan (figuring it would likely work and if not I could change). That day I was synced up with my workplace Exchange server, no problem. One of the IT guys at work got his Droid a week ago. They asked him the same question and he went with the $45 plan. Anyway, as far as I know the $30 plan is all you need.
    11-20-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD