Just wondering if the Droid has some type of excel/word/powerpoint program?
    11-08-09 07:25 PM
    Yes, the same programs available to BBs "Word to Go" etc. are available on the Droid. I am not sure about other services but I'd imagine there are some other apps as well.
    11-08-09 07:28 PM
    Yes, the same programs available to BBs "Word to Go" etc. are available on the Droid. I am not sure about other services but I'd imagine there are some other apps as well.
    Whats the name for it?
    11-08-09 07:30 PM
    documents to go, you have to download it in the app market
    11-08-09 07:40 PM
    documents to go, you have to download it in the app market
    What's it cost?

I don't have my Droid yet so I can't get into the app market.
    11-08-09 07:43 PM
    What's it cost?

I don't have my Droid yet so I can't get into the app market.
    You can get it for free which basically just allows you to view docs, ppt, and excel spreadsheets. Otherwise if you want to be able to create all three of those and edit them straight from your phone it will cost $30
    11-08-09 07:46 PM
    So no free app.???
    I'm surprise Google doesn't have one yet.
    11-08-09 07:52 PM
    You can get it for free which basically just allows you to view docs, ppt, and excel spreadsheets. Otherwise if you want to be able to create all three of those and edit them straight from your phone it will cost $30
    Great. Thanks Yodes. I do edit docs from my Tour (for which Doc to Go is included) but $30 is reasonable for this.

Also, just curious, why wouldn't google include google docs on this phone, or is it? With that it would be nice because it gives you the ability to view and edit and then save in your google account.
    11-08-09 07:52 PM
    Great. Thanks Yodes. I do edit docs from my Tour (for which Doc to Go is included) but $30 is reasonable for this.

Also, just curious, why wouldn't google include google docs on this phone, or is it? With that it would be nice because it gives you the ability to view and edit and then save in your google account.
    It very well may be available. I havent searched too hard for document editing software because I don't do a whole bunch of that. It would make sense to me to be able to use Google Docs on a Google phone. I'll do some more in depth searching in the market place and see what I can dig up.
    11-08-09 07:58 PM
    It very well may be available. I havent searched too hard for document editing software because I don't do a whole bunch of that. It would make sense to me to be able to use Google Docs on a Google phone. I'll do some more in depth searching in the market place and see what I can dig up.
    Thanks Yodes. Since I don't have the phone yet I can't search. I wish the Google Market was more user friendly via computer. It really blows.
    11-08-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD