I just got my Motorola DROID last night and, though I love it, it'll restart itself at random intervals. Sometimes when I open an application, sometimes just on the home screen. I was wondering if I contacted customer service if I could get this exchanged for another one or is it just something I'll have to live with?
    11-10-09 10:44 AM
    Have you shut it off, then on again to reset it?

If it keeps doing it, then by all means get it exchanged. You don't have to "live with it."
    11-10-09 10:52 AM
    If it is restarting itself, there is a problem. I've had mine since 7:10am on 11/06 and it has been continuously on, and has not needed to be restarted and his not restarted itself in that time. I have installed about 15 apps and uninstalld some of them and have had zero issues, except for a few apps needing to be force closed, seems they are not ready for 2.0 primetime yet. If it is restarting itself out of the box, it's a dud, get it exchanged.
    11-10-09 10:56 AM
    I also had this issue and got it exchanged in a matter of minutes! all of my contacts also synced with my new phone over the air. it was awesome!

I havent had one problem with my phone since i swapped it yesterday am.
    11-10-09 11:03 AM
    I just got my Motorola DROID last night and, though I love it, it'll restart itself at random intervals. Sometimes when I open an application, sometimes just on the home screen. I was wondering if I contacted customer service if I could get this exchanged for another one or is it just something I'll have to live with?
    U paid good money for something exchange it
    11-10-09 02:00 PM
    I have a DROID and have had no rebooting issues, but I was talking to the guy at Best Buy when he was putting on my invishield and he said the store one wouldn't stop rebooting. He called Verizon on it and said a customer couldn't even check it out without it rebooting and the Verizon rep said they had a lot of complaints about it rebooting.

Anywho, return it for another.
    11-10-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD