Not sure if I used the correct language in my thread title question, but what I'm trying to ask is iPhone uses iTunes and Blackberry uses Blackberry Desktop. What (if any) software does Android use to interface with computers?

And if the answer is no, how exactly does one interact with an Android device when connected to a computer?
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 08-15-12 at 07:31 PM.
    08-15-12 07:29 PM
    there is software out there that will do sync and such for android. generally each manufacturer has their own software
    08-15-12 07:37 PM
    Kies for Samsung, HTC Sync for HTC, etc.
    08-15-12 08:01 PM
    I love not using desktop companion software. That wireless nature of Android is the biggest draw for me.

Of course, as noted, I can connect via HTC Sync or as usb drive if needed. Only time I'm tethered is usually to root.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    08-15-12 09:32 PM
    Kies for Samsung, HTC Sync for HTC, etc.
    Interesting. I think Google would do well by creating its own program for Android that can be used across all Android devices regardless of individual hardware manufacturer name.
    08-15-12 09:40 PM
    Interesting. I think Google would do well by creating its own program for Android that can be used across all Android devices regardless of individual hardware manufacturer name.
    It has... the cloud. There is no need for a desktop companion (from my POV).

Unlike iOS, Palm and BB, you don't need to ever connect your phone to a desktop (I understand that on iOS, the need is greatly minimized now.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    08-15-12 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD