Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Does Android have anything similar to Blurts

My wife went from BB to android last week and she is really missing Blurts, an app we both fell in love with cause we both spend a lot of our time in front of our PCs She was wondering if android can do anything like it. She got really used to using her BB via Blue tooth and so far she isn't able to find anything like it for android.

For those who may not know, Blurts connects to your BB via blue tooth and straight from your PC you can edit your contacts, send and receive sms messages and emails, and you can answer, place and end telephone calls all without needing to unlock or even touch your BB. It's pretty freaking awesome.

Is something like that possible on the Droid?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Google voice
    Verizon Samsung Charge
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Is it still very difficult to get google voice?
    CrackBerry Newbie

hmmm I just tried google voice hoping for similar results. However it doesn't connect to your phone via bluetooth, nor does it send text messages from your phone. I checked through the option pretty thoroughly and would have to say that google voice is definitely not a replacement for blurts.... sorry.

Anyone have any other leads?
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

You might as well give up.

I searched and searched for something that would work as good as Blurts and never found anything. I registered at several sights just to ask if something like Blurts was on Android. I'm convinced it doesn't exist. Also from the information I've gotten from developers on other sites, Android doesn't allow for much of anything to go on using bluetooth. I was told it wouldn't even be possible to make an app with that functionality for Android and that's the reason their isn't an Android version of Blurts already made.

My wife went back to BB after a few weeks. Not just because of Blurts, but a lot of other little things she loved and lost.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    949 Global Posts

Remote notifier has many of the same functions as Blurts, but is missing some great functions like being able to send the phone clipboard to the PC and vice versa.

It does, however, have an option to automatically copy notifications to the clipboard.

It's also open source, so there may be improvements on the way.

All told, it's a pretty decent little program for Android.

android-notifier-desktop - Project Hosting on Google Code
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey..... Great new for all you android users. The market just hit 100,000 apps. That is great providing that droid phones came out a couple of years ago.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by G.myrthil View Post
    Hey..... Great new for all you android users. The market just hit 100,000 apps. That is great providing that droid phones came out a couple of years ago.
    Hey guy, even better news the Blackberry App World has what, about 10,000 apps now and RIM has been around for yearrrsss...

What is your point?