If Apple implements at least a 1400 mah battery, doubled resolution, a 3.7-4.0 inch screen, and 1GHz processor, I think we might have an Android threat on our hands.

Don't know about you guys but I'd pick it up. I like my 3GS as much as my Droid but the new iPhone will be killer.

AT&T's contract with Apple should be over or ending soon so I won't be surprised to see Jobs announce an iPhone for Verizon.

CAN'T WAIT TILL SUMMER!!!!!
    04-15-10 05:45 AM
    I highly doubt it. Then again, we haven't seen the iPhone 4G hardware as yet but on the software side, I think they've been beat. OS4.0 isn't anything groundbreaking plus Android is about to release FroYo soon which should be the 3.0 version of the Android OS. Come to think of it, I doubt they'll be able to out-do the EVO on the hardware side because they've added so many features in there. They've left nothing out. Skyfire will also be releasing soon on Android which will be a game changer as far as browsers go & I doubt Apple will accept it on their platform due to their track record.
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 04-15-10 at 09:22 AM.
    04-15-10 09:18 AM
    I doubt the 4G will be much different than the 3Gs. They already released the MaxiPad and so the phone can't be "way better" than that or they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. What I'd be looking forward to if I were Steve Jobs is getting on board with Verizon. I bet they're secretly disappointed at ATT's meager 3G coverage 4 years after the iPhone was released. ATT said they'd do all these huge improvements and they just have not done much. They're WAY behind Verizon now in 3G speed coverage. (no matter what that actor's bro says on the TV ads).
    04-15-10 11:10 AM
    Can't really compare the evo to the iphone 4g. One actually supports 4G and one doesn't, contrary to it's name.
    04-15-10 12:12 PM
    Can't really compare the evo to the iphone 4g. One actually supports 4G and one doesn't, contrary to it's name.
    One is referring to the the "generation" & the other the "network"...
    04-15-10 12:51 PM
    I predict the new iPhone will have the following:
    • 1GHz processor
    • 800 * 480 resolution (somewhere around there)
    • Bigger battery 1400+ mah
    • OS 4.0
    • Larger screen (3.7 - 4.0 inches)

That's pretty hard to resist. I like the iPhone OS just as much as I like the Android OS (okay maybe Android a little more).

I guess iPhone really isn't that amazing anymore. Android is dishing out just as much goodness and I barely even find myself using my 3GS that I've had for a week now.

The majority will probably choose iPhone because of its simple OS. The more technically advanced people will be able to handle Android.
    04-15-10 04:03 PM
    I predict the new iPhone will have the following:
    • 1GHz processor
    • 800 * 480 resolution (somewhere around there)
    • Bigger battery 1400+ mah
    • OS 4.0
    • Larger screen (3.7 - 4.0 inches)

That's pretty hard to resist. I like the iPhone OS just as much as I like the Android OS (okay maybe Android a little more).

I guess iPhone really isn't that amazing anymore. Android is dishing out just as much goodness and I barely even find myself using my 3GS that I've had for a week now.

The majority will probably choose iPhone because of its simple OS. The more technically advanced people will be able to handle Android.
    I foresee Google pulling more & more of its support from the iPhones OS & just concentrating on their own Android OS. That alone will play a major roll in a users decision as to which OS to roll with. For me personally,I have almost EVERYTHING on Google so it would make more sense for me to go with Android but for the next person, they might not use Google & might just love Apple products in general & choose the iPhone. Good to have choices though.
    04-15-10 04:30 PM
    lol which would have made the 3gs 4g and the 4g 5g?..or was it the 3g would have been the 2g and the 3gs the 3g?..

i get confuzzled...

04-15-10 05:02 PM
    You'll see plenty of improved specs but it won't be hardware that will be the difference, software will be (and arguably it has been)

Hardware wise I think we'll see the A4 underclocked to 800mhz, 800x480 screen res, same 256 memory and same storage (16/32 GB).

Google won't pull out from the iPhone as it's still a big revenue stream (80 million users and counting), but I can see some things never making their way over to the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 05:25 PM
    got to think that Apples wishing they didn't go exclusive with the Iphone because if it was on both Verizon and AT&T they would have the same kind of marketshare in phones as they do in Mp3 players. I'd much prefer an Iphone over a Droid or BB but since it's not available yet on VZW I'm going to get the incredible.
    04-15-10 06:26 PM
    I know. I was mocking the name iPhone 4G, since it doesn't support 4G technology.
    04-15-10 07:56 PM
    Yaboid: agreed. Google compatibility may win the day.
    04-15-10 10:16 PM
    Yaboid: agreed. Google compatibility may win the day.
    Its still hard to say that Apple won't make a killer product again this year though. I'm not an iphone user, but I have been a fan of their products for a while. Every summer, they end up with the best device. There seems to be some stiff competition coming up, but we won't know until the dust clears.

04-15-10 10:41 PM
    Gave it some thought. Doubt it'll blow em away after seeing OS4 beta. Android still looks sharp in my opinion.
    04-16-10 05:10 AM
    Of course the iPhone 4G will be the most impressive phone but it'll still have the same crappy service.
    04-16-10 04:51 PM
    Its still hard to say that Apple won't make a killer product again this year though. I'm not an iphone user, but I have been a fan of their products for a while. Every summer, they end up with the best device. There seems to be some stiff competition coming up, but we won't know until the dust clears.

I'd say that Apple has always had the most compelling devices... not necessarily the best. Probably the best marketed...
    04-16-10 10:19 PM
    I foresee Google pulling more & more of its support from the iPhones OS & just concentrating on their own Android OS. That alone will play a major roll in a users decision as to which OS to roll with. For me personally,I have almost EVERYTHING on Google so it would make more sense for me to go with Android but for the next person, they might not use Google & might just love Apple products in general & choose the iPhone. Good to have choices though.
    I too have everything on Google already & am looking forward to having an Android device. But, there is no way that Google would be dumb enough to pull support for its services on Apple devices. The market made up of iPhart owners is too big to ignore. (no...I'm no fan of Apple. just saying.)
    04-17-10 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD