Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default difference between internal and external sd card?

I have the Samsung infuse and I'm still learning it, been an iphone user for the past 4 years. My question is , what is the difference between internal and external sd card? I have been downloading some mp3. When I go to settings the internal says 13.3 available and external says 1.47 available. I've noticed that after downloading the mp3 it seems to be coming off the internal. Is this the way it should be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Internal is the memory integrated in to your phone and External is the SDcard you buy from any electronic store, and it could be 2Gb, 4Gb, 8Gb, 16Gb, 32Gb, and in near future 64Gb here is more info about the new gen of SDcard. Sandisk Intros A New 64GB microSDXC Card

But by the look of you space on to you post you have an SD car of 2Gb and whats left from it is 1.47Gb.

You can set it where do you want to save file on to your phone. (i don't know that well Samsung but it should be on the settings somewhere.)
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 10-18-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    An Error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to Correct it.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Internal is a lot faster than external memory and some applications require that you store their memory on there. You can move most of your applications to your SD card, but the data and caches from the applications are also stored on the internal memory.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,589 Global Posts

Simply put, your internal space is the space on the device, and your external memory is your SD card which expands your device memory (some newer devices handle this differently, but i won't get into all that).

You can store media and some apps on external memory. You should be able to toggle the music to be stored on SD. Whichever media player you use should be able to control this. I advise to keep as much movable content on SD card if possible.

Get a file manager (Astro is extremely popular and free) to explore your SD card.

Enjoy your new device!

ETA: great advice already provided. Internal memory is faster, IME.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    PIN
    lssanjose@gmail.com (Google Talk)

If you can, check what's shown for internal, and external. On the Incredible, internal memory is also /mnt/emmc. Check to see if you have something similar.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies), and make the decision that works best for you. - AmazinglyGraceless.