So there is a video going around showing these people leave a black bus, then walk up to an Apple store all holding "wake up signs" and begin yelling "wake up" towards the Apple store with a fake protest. The company "Tongue" was hired to do this.

Now, rumor is Samsung hired this company to do this. The rumor was generated because Togue created a website called "Wake up Australia" and the site has a countdown to the Galaxy S 3 launch.

Samsung hires protesters and tells Apple to 'wake up' [video]

IMO this is pathetic if Samsung is using this type of tactic to attack Apple. And if it wasn't Samsung, whoever hired this company is pathetic. This is the worst type of marketing/bashing I have ever seen. This is just so tacky and sad. Even the guy who shoots the video of them doing this is in shock.

My guess is they are trying to tell Apple to wake up over the iPad 4G labeling in australia. Either way this is stupid. I hope Samsung wasn't involved and this is just a lame attempt by a different company that just likes Samsung.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ldq2tNLRDwA[/YT]
    04-26-12 11:51 AM
    I will never buy another Samsung smartphone.

Perhaps they should stop attacking Apple users in ads and concentrate on their hardware and build quality? Worst experience I ever had was thanks to Samsung and their crappy standards, that left me with a Samsung brick that spent 12 WEEKS in a Samsung repair facility because they didn't have parts due to the number of people like me who bought a phone to have it brick 40 days later.

The attack ads they've done since the SGS2 make them look like the trolls who call us iSheep - stupid.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-26-12 12:11 PM
    Yea...they are trying to convince Apple users to use their products but then bash them and basically call them sheep in those other videos...

Logic fail IMO. If they lined up at Samsung stores or the carrier stores for new Samsung releases, they wouldn't be called sheep, they would be their favorite customers.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-26-12 01:02 PM
    Personally, I don't much care about who's calling who names honestly. Car companies and cell providers do this constantly. To me its not a foreign concept or a low blow at all. Regardless, whichever company provides me with the best all-in-one device experience wins my service. Currently, that happens to be Samsung for me.

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    04-26-12 09:09 PM
    That's creepy in my opinion. I have issues with Samsung for selling me a product without a working GPS. I won't buy another product from them again. They stole money from me. That being said this seems creepy...even though Apple is the king of creepy from my perspective. I might need a thesaurus.
    04-26-12 09:27 PM
    There's no proof its Samsung.. Let's not all go believing the first thing we see..
    Don't forget that there's a big thing going down in Australia right now about the ipad and its 4G marketing scam. This could very well be a backlash of that. It's okay to speculate about Samsung but don't throw the towel in so soon. One site put Samsung as the first word in the title of their article and clearly speculates about Samsung, and everyone assuming this is correct is so sickening cause you don't know squat and neither does anyone else, including myself, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, Samsung publicly goes after Apple in their ads so they have balls.. They wouldn't necessarily do this in 'secret' because there really isn't any secret in that department.

Stop letting the media take total control over your opinions.
    04-26-12 10:10 PM
    I will never buy another Samsung smartphone.

Perhaps they should stop attacking Apple users in ads and concentrate on their hardware and build quality? Worst experience I ever had was thanks to Samsung and their crappy standards, that left me with a Samsung brick that spent 12 WEEKS in a Samsung repair facility because they didn't have parts due to the number of people like me who bought a phone to have it brick 40 days later.

The attack ads they've done since the SGS2 make them look like the trolls who call us iSheep - stupid.

So you would never buy a Samsung smartphone based on a hunch that it's them? For all we know it may be Apple trying to make Samsung look bad.. I mean, based on evidence, we do know that they are wanting to go 'thermonuclear' on this. Seems more like their type of game anyway. You know.. Very 'misleading' and 'behind the scenes.' It's not like this kind of publicity hurts Apple in any way, clearly based from all the reactions. Besides, no bad news can hurt Apple at this point because they currently have some weird some sort of immunity.

Interesting, isn't it?

But yes yes, there's a countdown to the S3, so it can't be Apple, right? But what makes the opposite argument more valid than mine...? No proof here people move along....
    Last edited by apengue1; 04-26-12 at 10:22 PM.
    04-26-12 10:16 PM
    So you would never buy a Samsung smartphone based on a hunch that it's them? For all we know it may be Apple trying to make Samsung look bad.. I mean, based on evidence, we do know that they are wanting to go 'thermonuclear' on this. Seems more like their type of game anyway. You know.. Very 'misleading' and 'behind the scenes.' It's not like this kind of publicity hurts Apple in any way, clearly based from all the reactions. Besides, no bad news can hurt Apple at this point because they currently have some weird some sort of immunity.

Interesting, isn't it?

But yes yes, there's a countdown to the S3, so it can't be Apple, right? But what makes the opposite argument more valid than mine...? No proof here people move along....

No, I will never buy another Samsung after their faulty run left dozens of people, myself included, in Canada without working phones for upwards of 4 months. I explained that.

However I also saw the SGS3 teaser trailer with the sheep crack. And I'm sorry, that's galling.

But you're right, clearly I'm an Apple wh0re - as I type this on my 9900.

Last edited by reeneebob; 04-26-12 at 11:01 PM.
    04-26-12 10:59 PM
    who said that being an Apple wh0re meant owning an iPhone? lol

i own all three platforms, Android by far my favorite. i consider myself and android guy as i type on my personal 9700, i also own a macbook and use my iphone as an ipod, for facetime and imessage ... my android phone is my portable bundle of games, lets call it my "gameboy" jajaja

sOo stand up and do some jumping to get all that sand out, both of you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 01:21 AM
    There's no proof its Samsung.. Let's not all go believing the first thing we see..
    Don't forget that there's a big thing going down in Australia right now about the ipad and its 4G marketing scam. This could very well be a backlash of that. It's okay to speculate about Samsung but don't throw the towel in so soon. One site put Samsung as the first word in the title of their article and clearly speculates about Samsung, and everyone assuming this is correct is so sickening cause you don't know squat and neither does anyone else, including myself, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, Samsung publicly goes after Apple in their ads so they have balls.. They wouldn't necessarily do this in 'secret' because there really isn't any secret in that department.

Stop letting the media take total control over your opinions.
    This is why I titled the thread "did samsung really do this". There is no proof. But it is pretty easy to see why the author of the articles rumor it to be Samsung.

The media hasn't taken control over my opinions. I found Samsungs real marketing (the SGS 2 commercials making fun of iPhone users) to be pretty low class.
    04-27-12 08:04 AM
    OP, you haven't some BALLS & act like

04-27-12 08:30 AM
    OP, you haven't some BALLS & act like

Click to view quoted image
    I have no balls because I think a fake protest is stupid? Wow, you have some logic there buddy....grow up.

Since when does questioning a stupid campaign (no matter what company it is) = having no balls? Are you an upset Samsung fanboy or something?

Congratulations on having one of the most immature and illogical posts on CB ever.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-27-12 at 08:53 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-27-12 08:48 AM
    No, I will never buy another Samsung after their faulty run left dozens of people, myself included, in Canada without working phones for upwards of 4 months. I explained that.

However I also saw the SGS3 teaser trailer with the sheep crack. And I'm sorry, that's galling.

But you're right, clearly I'm an Apple wh0re - as I type this on my 9900.

When did I ever call you an Apple ? I don't care whether you like Apple or not. I wrote how it's crazy if people actually start having a bad opinion on Samsung based on a baseless article with no proof or facts. The title is VERY misleading.

My point is that in general everyone seems to lack comprehensive reading skills these days, which is why there is the sort of reaction we see here AND in the article comments. Further based on the fact of your reply to my previous post, which you didn't comprehend.
    04-27-12 09:03 AM
    This is why I titled the thread "did samsung really do this". There is no proof. But it is pretty easy to see why the author of the articles rumor it to be Samsung.

The media hasn't taken control over my opinions. I found Samsungs real marketing (the SGS 2 commercials making fun of iPhone users) to be pretty low class.
    I wasn't talking about you in particular. I was just addressing generally speaking.
    I find its another typical poorly written article by a Site who thinks they are real and give factual news articles when they are in fact opinion and blog posts.

Its why we are where we are today. BlackBerry may have made some mistakes and their phones are different, but the general opinion of BlackBerry in North America was formed not by actually experiencing the device, but by reading false articles like these over and over again, talking about bankruptcy, failure, depicting blackberry users as losers, etc. It's in the numbers, too. The rate at which the public adopted smartphones tells how mostly no one who bought a smartphone in 2011 had a smartphone befor. Don't know how many but that number is ALOT. So they clearly have an opinion on something they've never tried before.

Say to me whatever you want (again, generally speaking), but theres no way I'm changing my opinion on this, and you must be blind to think that it's all just blackberry fault when they have been up against articles like these and way worse, for the past year. BlackBerry still makes good smartphones.
    Last edited by apengue1; 04-27-12 at 09:17 AM.
    04-27-12 09:13 AM
    I wasn't talking about you in particular. I was just addressing generally speaking.
    I find its another typical poorly written article by a Site who thinks they are real and give factual news articles when they are in fact opinion and blog posts.

Its why we are where we are today. BlackBerry may have made some mistakes and their phones are different, but the general opinion if BlackBerry in North America was formed not by actually experiencing the device, but by reading false articles like these over and over again, talking about bankruptcy, failure, depicting blackberry users as losers, etc.

Say to me whatever you want (again, generally speaking), but theres no way I'm changing my opinion on this, and you must be blind to think that it's all just blackberry fault when they have been up against articles like these and way worse, for the past year. BlackBerry still makes good smartphones.
    I agree. I do not think it was just RIMs fault in NA that caused such a huge BB decline. However, I do think RIM was the biggest contributor to it.

RIM still does make great devices, most people just don't want them because these devices do no cater to their needs anymore compared to what other platforms can do. Touchscreen only devices are the hottest sellers. The Torch can't compete in that market, period. Especially when the BB7 app ecosystem is nonexistent compared to Android and iOS.
    04-27-12 09:17 AM
    I agree with mostly what you said. Many first-time buyers consciously stay away from BlackBerry though because of the negativity surrounding it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    04-27-12 10:29 AM
    I agree with mostly what you said. Many first-time buyers consciously stay away from BlackBerry though because of the negativity surrounding it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    Agreed. If the apps were there though, I don't think RIM would be in as big of a dilema as they are now. OS7 devices technically should be able to run most of the popular apps. RIM just can't get the developers to build for this platform. That's where BB10 aims to make a difference. I hope it does.
    04-27-12 10:34 AM
    When did I ever call you an Apple ? I don't care whether you like Apple or not. I wrote how it's crazy if people actually start having a bad opinion on Samsung based on a baseless article with no proof or facts. The title is VERY misleading.

My point is that in general everyone seems to lack comprehensive reading skills these days, which is why there is the sort of reaction we see here AND in the article comments. Further based on the fact of your reply to my previous post, which you didn't comprehend.
    No, you said that I had posted I wasn't buying another Samsung product because of the article. That wasn't what I posted...I had explained I wasn't buying another product due to their shoddy quality control and perhaps they should concentrate on improving that and not casting livestock for their ads, something they've been doing for months now. Would finding out that Samsung was behind the 'protest' shock me? No because their attack ads already left a bad taste in my mouth.

Did I miss an Apple ad where android users are depicted as pock marked hackers in their parents basements fiendishly custom romming their phones? I havent seen Apple take the low road. Samsung has been doing it for a while now.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    04-27-12 01:44 PM
    Business is business.. When in the history of advertising and marketing have companies been so merciful? Don't you remember Apple ads against Windows? Not any better...

Avt - yeah the apps is probably one of the biggest problems. And ecosystem is super important and they have to fulfill that with bb10. Maybe not off the bat when they come out but they can't afford to waste any more time. Lots of it is out of their control though. Their job really is to gain marketshare and once they do, devs will follow. They're already doing a good job of catering to them already.
    04-27-12 05:19 PM
    i doubt this is the work from samsung, if it is then its pathetic
    04-28-12 07:07 AM
    Rumor now is RIMs behind it.
    04-30-12 03:21 PM
    04-30-12 04:30 PM
    Amazed at how all the crap in the world, they got enough people up to protest a random apple store.

Really people, there is more to this world than a phone. Not like there isn't plenty of other choices.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    04-30-12 04:31 PM
    Turns out its RIM...lol.
    04-30-12 05:19 PM
    Turns out its RIM...lol.
    It did smell desperate..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by lssanjose; 05-01-12 at 12:56 AM.
    04-30-12 07:42 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD