Re-read my post. I said that competition is good. Whether it is within or across OSs doesn't matter. Do newer and better Android phones come out a few times a year? Sure, but such is the life of technology. Apple and RIM drag out the product cycle because they are the sole manufacturers. Apple has made it work. RIM, obviously, didn't. The only negative to the constant "one-upping" amongst Android handset makers is the bruised egos of those who feel the need to constantly have the latest and greatest. That's really not a big deal.

As for updates...

Android is, what, 3 years old? Only within the last year has it really matured, with the last batch of Gingerbread devices and, now, ICS devices. Most of the last round of Gingerbread devices have seen or will see updates to ICS. Aside from an OS upgrade, what kinds of updates are you looking for? For all the crap that Android gets on here, Google has really made both Gingerbread and ICS stable and smooth. Updates, in a lot of ways, are over-played. RIM used to, and may still, put out OS updates every week. That tells me that the initial OS either wasn't sound, or it is too bloated in the way that Windows is bloated. At the end of the day, across any platform, we are lucky if we get a single update a year that gives us anything meaningful.
    This 10 fold! Awesome post man!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-12 03:14 PM
    No. BlackBerry 10 Rocks and Rolls all over SIII. And everything else. If the UI takes two hands, it's crap. One-handed ease of use FTW.
    greatwiseone and GreenCopperz like this.
    05-04-12 08:05 PM
    Siri takes a lot of Data from iPhone users so while the always on idea is cool its also going to murder your Data plan unless u have some sort of Unlimited Data plan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    The term "a lot of data" is relative to what the queries are. There is no one formula that can be applied to all users of Siri as each individual will have different types of queries for the month. Suggest you check out the ARS Technica article in their findings.
    05-04-12 09:59 PM
    the eye tracking feature sounds really cool - if they can do it right
    05-05-12 12:19 AM
    Obviously BB isn't just competing against iPhones. They see Android as a competitor and thinks they can do better. Of course you can slam RIM for not having BB10 now, but it is what it is. Let's see what BB10 looks like when it launches later this year.

No matter what Samsung does to the Galaxy S's, it's still Android. It has all the benefits and the deficiencies of Android. I was thinking of getting a S2 when the price drops once S3's come in the market, but after seeing BB10 in action....I'm not so sure any more
    Mr. Gravity likes this.
    05-05-12 01:29 AM
    Re-read my post. I said that competition is good. Whether it is within or across OSs doesn't matter. Do newer and better Android phones come out a few times a year? Sure, but such is the life of technology. Apple and RIM drag out the product cycle because they are the sole manufacturers. Apple has made it work. RIM, obviously, didn't. The only negative to the constant "one-upping" amongst Android handset makers is the bruised egos of those who feel the need to constantly have the latest and greatest. That's really not a big deal.

As for updates...

Android is, what, 3 years old? Only within the last year has it really matured, with the last batch of Gingerbread devices and, now, ICS devices. Most of the last round of Gingerbread devices have seen or will see updates to ICS. Aside from an OS upgrade, what kinds of updates are you looking for? For all the crap that Android gets on here, Google has really made both Gingerbread and ICS stable and smooth. Updates, in a lot of ways, are over-played. RIM used to, and may still, put out OS updates every week. That tells me that the initial OS either wasn't sound, or it is too bloated in the way that Windows is bloated. At the end of the day, across any platform, we are lucky if we get a single update a year that gives us anything meaningful.

And why do you think Google acquired Motorola? I think some of you holding onto the dream and notion about the "freedom" Android has is going to come with some rules to it. While it may be to late to make hardware requirements for OEMs, I think Google is going to try to do their own thing. The stance "Technology moves fast" has never been as fast in cell phone technology with hardware specs as it has been with Android, and you can check other sides of technology as well (Gaming comes to mind). I think we all know the life cycle of cell phones are short, but it has never been as short as it is now with hardware and updates in Android.

I'm not sure why you brought up the argument about how stable Android has made itself. I never complained about its performance and I'll agree that ICS and Gingerbread has made things better, but phones like the Motorola Cliq 2 are just now getting Gingerbread, and we're on ICS (which is not out on majority of newer phones), and we're about to move onto Jellybean. Updates are overplayed? I think you should at least mention that Apple and Microsoft have been able to successfully get updates out to most of their old gen hardware devices (I am not sure about RIM because I don't follow them) and will probably continue this chain and Microsoft has different OEM's as well.

Yes we are lucky to even see a major update per year, but when new "super" phones are released on an outdated software with no timeline of an update, there's no order. Again, I've made my points about Android without acting as a "fanboy" (matter of fact, you probably can't tell me what OS I could be a fanboy for being that I'm on Crackberry with an old azz Windows Mobile device as my avatar) and did not degrade the OS.
    05-05-12 02:05 AM
    Galaxy SIII? We're talking late March/early April stuff here. By the time BB10 launches Galaxy SIV will be mere months away.
    05-05-12 05:22 AM
    I knew Sammy would use more cheap construction materials for the S3, I see I was right. Sadly, the one Android OEM that seems to be most consistent with using higher quality materials to make their phones (Motorola) also has some of the worst customer support and uses a one of the least liked skins overlaying the OS (Motoblur). The RAZR is a good looking phone, but true to Motorola form, they released it on 2.3 instead of 4.x. The hardware specs are lagging behind other OEM releases now as well. Which brings me to -

The HTC One series. These phones seem to have hit my magic spot for Android phones. They're nicely built, not flimsy and cheap like Sammy's are notorious for, the specs are quite up to date, and they're running Android 4. If I were in the market to upgrade my phone right this minute, this would be in my top 2 out of all phones and OS's currently available for sure.
    05-05-12 06:44 AM
    No. BlackBerry 10 Rocks and Rolls all over SIII. And everything else. If the UI takes two hands, it's crap. One-handed ease of use FTW.
    Lmao..did you just really use that absurd slogan? Yes. I'm sure those Dev devices are miles ahead of any competition..and the only reason they haven't released a BB10 device is because of LTE
    05-05-12 12:00 PM
    I'm sure BB10 will be great (and I plan on buying the first device), but what UI takes two hands to use? I have never HAD to use two hands on iOS or Android. Even on a 4.65inch screen, I can still use multitouch gestures with one hand.
    05-05-12 12:54 PM
    While I am very excited to see the BB10 devices, I can't wait until that "let's rock and roll this" slogan is retired. Every time I hear Thorsten say it with his accent I bust out laughing. It's ridiculous. I mean, just...*head desk*

Sent from my BB Bold 9900 using Tapatalk.
    05-06-12 12:23 AM
    Exactly...All new Android devices add is just gimmicks, bigger screens, and more cores
    Sniff sniff is that jelousy and haters i smell Hey dont be mad cuz android low end phones can do 2x what a high end haha Blackberry or ios can do wow imho most of the "gimmicks" on the gs3 looks real good and i might get a blue one

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    spotmark likes this.
    05-06-12 01:57 AM
    You were just joking, right?
    05-06-12 03:50 PM
    No he wasnt lol

05-06-12 06:51 PM
    No he wasnt lol

But it was still funny.
    05-06-12 07:28 PM
    it happens...
    05-16-12 02:58 AM
    The SG III looks down right disgusting compare to the SG II and many other phones

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    05-16-12 03:11 AM
    Looks 10x better than the bb blade uggghhh

05-21-12 07:43 PM

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    06-07-12 12:04 PM
    Looks like it has the rocking bit figured out....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 12:09 PM
    Vertical sliders are disgusting. Horizontal or nothing IMO.
    06-07-12 01:29 PM
    Man that's the ugliest phone I've seen since the brick boost mobile lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    06-07-12 02:04 PM

i wouldnt go that far... The dell venue pro was one of the better looking sliders and a lot of the samsung/htc horizontal sliders don't look very good

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    06-07-12 02:30 PM
    Hey, now. I still harbour an unhealthy lust for the gorgeous Palm Pre.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-07-12 04:52 PM
    People who complain about about Android releasing too often don't seem to understand that there are different manufacturers.

Do you think people who bought the HTC One X are beating themselves up for not waiting for the S3? No. They like HTC and that's why they got it. There could be 3 or 4 more Android phones made before the year is out, all by different manufacturers. none of them would change the fact that their One X is a top of the line device.

It's all about choice. Do you have to upgrade with every release? No. But if you ARE looking to upgrade you can be sure that a current device is available for you. You'll never find yourself stuck between the options of buying a year old phone or waiting 4+ months for upgrade. This is what's happening to blackberry users right now, and it makes some of them look to other platforms. Frequent releases mean that (a) there's always a new device to catch people coming off contract and (b) android phones are always the best spec'd devices at any given time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Rickroller and Blacklatino like this.
    06-08-12 09:06 AM
135 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD