For now I either go into gmail using the browser to clear out inbox, outbox, trash etc. Or I just let it stay.

But is there a way using the native gmail mail app to delete all messages on the phone? Should be easy but I haven't found a way.

I am using a non rooted HTC Tunderbolt.
    08-30-11 12:28 PM
    I have to check them off one at a time.
    08-30-11 01:10 PM
    I don't think there is. I've tried emptying the trash from the app and it force closes everytime so I wait to do it on a computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 01:25 PM
    This needs to be added. Yeah, sometimes when I have alot of mail and I use the browser to delete all I'll get a force close.

It's not a big deal, but I prefer keeping my boxes clear.
    08-30-11 06:06 PM
    I wish they would add this feature. I'm unable to do it on my tablet as well.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 08:33 PM
    I have to check each off as well and don't like it
    09-17-11 09:41 PM
    Hey all

I have the manual downloaded on my laptop and I decided to look more into the email segment. Unfortunately there is nothing.

Another issue I have is when you choose to add a ringtone, there is this huge list in contacts that aren't in the actual people list. I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete these. I have them deleted on my laptop, but can't get rid of them on my phone.
    09-23-11 01:50 PM
    Forgot to mention it seems to be saved from emails.......
    09-23-11 01:51 PM
    Hey all

I have the manual downloaded on my laptop and I decided to look more into the email segment. Unfortunately there is nothing.

Another issue I have is when you choose to add a ringtone, there is this huge list in contacts that aren't in the actual people list. I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete these. I have them deleted on my laptop, but can't get rid of them on my phone.
    Have you tried going into Contacts on the web interface, going to "Other Contacts" and deleting all of those? Or is that what you did? Every once in a while I have to do that, it gets loaded up with email addresses from Craigslist (I do a lot of buying and selling). For some reason, when someone from CL emails me, it saves the address by itself in "Other Contacts"
    09-23-11 09:00 PM
    No done it from the windows mail. HTC says they wont delete off the phone

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk
    09-24-11 02:30 AM
    No done it from the windows mail. HTC says they wont delete off the phone

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk
    Got it...I was assuming gmail. What if you delete that account and then re-add it? But before re-adding, go to settings, applications, contact storage, and clear data? Not sure if you have other accounts s, it would probably wipe those out as well.
    Of course I haven't tried that, so no guaranteeing it will work, but its worth a shot.

Sent from my HTC Merge
    09-24-11 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD