Looking to upgrade to Android soon but curious about data usage since I'm not a rich man! Lol ..... Anyways what the typical monthly usage like for you guys and girls? With my BB I'm never over 100MB a month since I have Wi Fi at home too....

Just looking for feedback and I thank you all in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 06:27 PM
    When I had blackberry I had 100mb a month I used but now android I so far used up 1gb I guess its because of the Widgets.
    07-13-10 07:03 PM
    Android allows you to utilize your VZW data plan to it's fullest.
    07-14-10 10:03 PM
    EVO is a data hog, I have ran my new EVO side by side with my Tour and in one month (also sync'ing the same email accounts on both), the Tour used 12 Mb of data and the EVO had used over 250 Mb.

I was scratching my head because while I downloaded a few apps on the EVO, I really wasn't doing anything special and while at work I was using Wifi since I had limited cell coverage. Had I had full coverage (my office is a dead zone basement area) I suspect I would have gone over 500 Mb.
    07-15-10 09:58 AM
    EVO is a data hog, I have ran my new EVO side by side with my Tour and in one month (also sync'ing the same email accounts on both), the Tour used 12 Mb of data and the EVO had used over 250 Mb.

I was scratching my head because while I downloaded a few apps on the EVO, I really wasn't doing anything special and while at work I was using Wifi since I had limited cell coverage. Had I had full coverage (my office is a dead zone basement area) I suspect I would have gone over 500 Mb.
    Widgets + web browsing is your answer.
    07-15-10 10:27 AM
    HTC Magic CM6 and i'm @ 62.06MB for my 7day total.

07-15-10 10:38 AM
    HTC Magic CM6 and i'm @ 62.06MB for my 7day total.

I'm not sure what your data cap is on T-Mobile, but any data package should be able to accommodate your monthly use if you keep at that rate. For my plan on VZW, I believe my "unlimited data" plan is capped at 5 gb which I don't ever see myself exceeding. That being said, unless you tether your Xbox, laptop, and co-workers wireless devices while browsing the web on your phone, you won't be having any issues with data usage.
    07-15-10 12:58 PM
    I'm not sure what your data cap is on T-Mobile, but any data package should be able to accommodate your monthly use if you keep at that rate. For my plan on VZW, I believe my "unlimited data" plan is capped at 5 gb which I don't ever see myself exceeding. That being said, unless you tether your Xbox, laptop, and co-workers wireless devices while browsing the web on your phone, you won't be having any issues with data usage.
    naw i'm good...... I use NetCounter to track my monthly usage... and it breaks it down into weekly and daily....

and i do tether my netbook quite frequently.

and it's not a 5gig cap.... after 5 gigs they throttle your speed back.
    07-15-10 01:00 PM
    naw i'm good...... I use NetCounter to track my monthly usage... and it breaks it down into weekly and daily....
    I will take a look at that on AppBrain
    07-15-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks for your feedback so far.....

Im with Rogers and my contract is capped at 500MB a month..... i was hoping Android used less then iPhone as my buddy was using almost 2GB monthly.......
    07-15-10 07:27 PM
    Im around 250mb and halfway into the billing cycle.
    07-15-10 08:00 PM

Im with Rogers and my contract is capped at 500MB a month..... i was hoping Android used less then iPhone as my buddy was using almost 2GB monthly.......
    You may be SOL my friend.
    07-16-10 02:18 AM

unless you use strictly wifi and count you data usage it may be possible?.. this is mine as of current no wifi maybe a little but about 99% network ussage

453,375KB/ Unlimited about 400 MB and my bill renews on 7/22/10 so its possible thats mine on network usage in a month without using wifi to save data.. so maybe i give u hope?!
    07-16-10 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD