I decided my G1 was getting a little long in the tooth, so I went looking around craigslist and found a brand new unlocked 9700 for $200. I definitely couldn't pass on that, so I met up with the guy and bought it.

There are a few things I noticed about this phone so far:

1. The battery life is UNREAL. I've gone three days without a charge and my battery is still at 40%. I use my phone quite a bit to text with friends and check a few websites, but still, the phone marches on.

2. The phone is FAST. Android had a decent amount of lag doing anything, but the with the blackberry, everything is a snap.

3. The input devices are great. At first, I thought the optical trackpad was going to be a joke, but I have grown really fond of it. Also, the keyboard... there is nothing that I need to say about the keyboard that you guys don't know.

So to sum it up, I'm really enjoying the device so far. Does any other Android converts have anything else to add to this?
    Last edited by dubkwon; 05-03-10 at 10:30 AM.
    05-03-10 12:04 AM
    Ive been outta the BB scene a long time and just bought a 9700 on ebay. Ill let ya know how it stacks up when i get mine in the mail. BB's are communication juggernauts and have the best keyboards on the market in my opinion. You can also mod the poo out of em.
    05-03-10 01:45 AM
    I decided my G1 was getting a little long in the tooth, so I went looking around craigslist and found a brand new unlocked 9700 for $200. I definitely couldn't pass on that, so I met up with and bought it.

There are a few things I noticed about this phone so far:

1. The battery life is UNREAL. I've gone three days without a charge and my battery is still at 40%. I use my phone quite a bit to text with friends and check a few websites, but still, the phone marches on.

2. The phone is FAST. Android had a decent amount of lag doing anything, but the with the blackberry, everything is a snap.

3. The input devices are great. At first, I thought the optical trackpad was going to be a joke, but I have grown really fond of it. Also, the keyboard... there is nothing that I need to say about the keyboard that you guys don't know.

So to sum it up, I'm really enjoying the device so far. Does any other Android converts have anything else to add to this?
    if you came from android to Bold 9700 why in your profile listed 8310 (Curve) i found this a little strange
    05-03-10 01:55 AM
    Probably because he joined in 2008 and thats what he owned at that time when he setup his profile.
    05-03-10 02:08 AM
    Welcome to the dark side
    05-03-10 02:22 AM
    if you came from android to Bold 9700 why in your profile listed 8310 (Curve) i found this a little strange
    Probably because he joined in 2008 and thats what he owned at that time when he setup his profile.
    Exactly. I had an 8310 for a week, but then jumped in the lake with it... That was my only brief exposure to the blackberry before now.
    05-03-10 10:24 AM
    I'm a current Android and BB owner. Got a G1 and Cliq at home and the wife and oldest son both have Cliqs. Had a BB8900, missed BB and picked up the 9700. Just love this thing.
    05-03-10 10:57 AM
    Exactly. I had an 8310 for a week, but then jumped in the lake with it... That was my only brief exposure to the blackberry before now.
    that makes sense, anyway good luck with new phone
    05-03-10 12:14 PM
    You also had a G1, rather outdated by todays standards.
    05-03-10 12:18 PM
    Congrats on the new phone. I love my 9700 to.
    05-03-10 08:20 PM
    i just upgraded from my g1 today too. besides the options being kinda confusing i like it.

can anyone tell me how to keep my emails out of my sms folder?
    05-03-10 09:42 PM
    I'm also astounded at the battery life on my 9700. I come from the Symbian side of life and while 1500mAh batteries are no stranger, I've yet to meet *any* device that can match the 9700's battery life.

I've tried and simply cannot kill it in a day. A few days ago, I started at 7a, streamed Pandora over 3G for a total of 5 hours, did phone calls, SMS, email, Twitter, Facebook, and Gtalk all day and still had 1/4th battery at 8pm. Unreal.
    05-03-10 10:49 PM
    They are amazing devices!

Had a cliq, wife has the mytouch, SIL the Driod and friend has a N1 and nothing has made me want to give up my 9700...the N1 was nice though.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Immortal!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD