I remember talk about an Task Killer and that's on the phone, but I also remember people saying is really isn't neccessary to use it. You can't close/exit an app like on a BB I can see that. How does one close one, see how many/what's running on the Droid? Does it just take care of itself with respect to apps and running processes? Thanks so much for advice, it's new!
    12-29-09 05:09 PM
    Android will manage its memory, don't use task killers unless you got a specific app you just want to kill.

To see whats running, go to settings, applications, running services.
    12-29-09 05:34 PM
    Android will manage its memory, don't use task killers unless you got a specific app you just want to kill.

To see whats running, go to settings, applications, running services.
    Thanks, that's what I remember someone else saying. So you really can't close an app with the menu like you can with a BB, you have to use another app? It's a learning curve!
    12-29-09 07:23 PM
    Thanks, that's what I remember someone else saying. So you really can't close an app with the menu like you can with a BB, you have to use another app? It's a learning curve!
    Yeah, but like Frost said, don't worry about closing apps, it's a BB habit you should break free from. Took me about a week.
    12-30-09 12:38 AM
    Here is a little read, written by a man more knowledgeable than us.

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android � Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Every Android owner should read this, then slap themselves for using task killers.
    12-30-09 02:14 AM
    That's very useful, thanks. The store dude showed us that app like it was the key to existence and I remember otherwise. (He used a Storm btw)
    12-30-09 11:17 AM
    that was a lot to read. i read somewhere though that the home button and the back button actually leave apps differently apparently using the back button to back out of app is prefered as it does some cleanup that way rather then hitting home all the time.

idk if that is true, just adding my 2 cents :P
    12-30-09 12:12 PM
    Some programs can be "closed." Example.. Twidroid has an "exit application" and iheartradio has a "Quit." They'll stay shown in the background if you press and hold the home key but they won't stay connected and use your battery.
    12-30-09 04:28 PM
    if you hold back button with dolphin browser open it will ask you to exit, exit and clear cache, or cancel.
    12-30-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD