So far it is awesome. Anyone else running ICS and using it yet?
    02-07-12 04:56 PM
    yep i am using it. Looks good i agree. Not sure if you can use flash with it though. One site I was at wouldnt load and im not sure if it was flash or something else. the ICS+ browser is really nice too.
    02-07-12 04:59 PM
    Flash isn't supported. I'm sticking with Dolphin HD.
    02-07-12 05:07 PM
    I'm really liking it. Tabbed browsing on a mobile device has never been better (that I've seen anyway). The tilt scrolling in the tabs view is pretty cool (though needs some sensitivity tweaks). I really like how well syncing with your desktop chrome browser has been implemented.

There are a couple feature missing, like turning off mobile view browsing or automatically requesting desktop versions, and I can't seem to find any way to set the default/home page. But then too, it is a beta version, so I'm sure there are more features improvements to come soon now that they've finally started rolling it out.

I don't know how much, or if at all, I care about lack of Flash support. I've always been a strong supporter of including Flash whenever possible, but once the online community had spoken and Adobe dropped continued development in the mobile market, I guess it's time I let go of it. It's less common each day that I hit a Flash heavy site anyway. :shrug:
    Last edited by rmjones101; 02-07-12 at 06:05 PM.
    02-07-12 06:02 PM
    I am really digging it! The awesome way it does tabbed browsing coupled with syncing withe the desktop version are huge pluses! The only negative is lack of Flash; but as stated above it is no longer being supported, time to move on. Plus it is the BETA version....Wow!
    02-07-12 06:50 PM
    the stock browser syncs bookmarks also.
    02-07-12 06:57 PM
    A lot of browsers do bookmark syncing
    02-07-12 07:02 PM
    I don't really care for flash so not having it doesn't bother me. The experience has been extremely smooth so far.
    02-07-12 07:03 PM
    I tried installing it on my HTC Glacier with android 4.0.3 and it wouldn't run.

Sent from my finger tips to your eye sockets with my Revolver Powered Transformer.
    02-07-12 07:09 PM
    Chrome beta will sync the tabs you have open on your desktop with the mobile device.
    02-07-12 07:18 PM
    02-07-12 07:19 PM
    Other browsers do sync bookmarks, but chrome also syncs tabs, form info, cookies, omnibar history, login credentials, etc..

Playing around with it today, I was surprised at how much was sync'd. Also supports incognito for information you don't wish shared between browsers or in history. Encryption for shared information too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 11:13 PM
    yes it should sync everything that chrome syncs now which is a lot of data. It should be real nice once polished up a little.
    02-07-12 11:30 PM
    Now I really want ICS...
    02-07-12 11:43 PM
    Works rather well for a beta. Sucks that Flash will never be supported, but that's more on Adobe than Google.
    02-07-12 11:57 PM
    Yep, played around with it a bit and was loving how fast it was on LTE.
    02-08-12 04:42 AM
    Its working great on my HP Touchpad running ICS. Its missing a few features but im sure they will include then in future releases. Im liking the tabbed browsing and the overall smoothness.
    02-08-12 10:17 AM
    I'm really liking how with multiple pages open, you can just "swipe" to each one..looks really fluid and smooth. Only thing i'm not liking is the default zoom size. Even with the 4.6" screen i'm having to zoom in to read websites. I can change the font size, but doesn't appear to be any way to increase the default zoom.
    02-09-12 07:52 AM
    I'm loving the auto magnification of small links.
    02-09-12 10:49 AM
    I love Chrome because it's fast. It has been conspicuously missing from the Android system. Last Tuesday Google announced that Chrome will be available to Android now. Now Google is making amends -- to some Android customers, at least. The new Chrome for Android is only available for Ice Cream Sandwich products right now, leaving most Android users out in the cold. Source of article: Google Chrome now available for Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm hoping that it will be available to all Android phones soon.
    02-13-12 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD