No noticeable differences? I guess I will be fine with Taz'z kernel then.

I heard that temp monitor is a huge battery drain. I had it for a few hours and then got rid of it once I heard about that.
    The app doesn't even show up on the battery usage screen in the Droid. I think your problems might have been with the earlier Taz kernel, where SetCPU's profiles didn't work properly. You might've been running at the high OC setting at all times instead of dropping down to the 250mhz standby speed, which is why it ate the battery.

Sorry, I have no idea how your Mac will handle the file extraction. Just give it a try, the extraction I mean, since it sounds like you've already download the file.
    02-13-10 11:55 AM
    The app doesn't even show up on the battery usage screen in the Droid. I think your problems might have been with the earlier Taz kernel, where SetCPU's profiles didn't work properly. You might've been running at the high OC setting at all times instead of dropping down to the 250mhz standby speed, which is why it ate the battery.

Sorry, I have no idea how your Mac will handle the file extraction. Just give it a try, the extraction I mean, since it sounds like you've already download the file.
    I never had a problem with the app. I just "heard" of the battery problems it was causing other people, but I guess that was Taz's kernel. I haven't had any battery problems with the kernel myself. I also did not download the file yet. I was waiting for more info. If x1208x is reading that there is no difference then I might not even try it.

Also, I never got an answer to the "do I change it to update.zip and then load using SPREcovery" question. I don't know how to change kernels I have never done it before, I just know how to load ROMs.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-13-10 at 12:07 PM.
    02-13-10 12:04 PM
    You can unzip it on your phone. I never touch my PC for any Droid stuff. Last time I used my USB cable was to take some screenshots I had made lol. Astro has all my needs as far as file management.
    02-13-10 12:07 PM
    You can unzip it on your phone. I never touch my PC for any Droid stuff. Last time I used my USB cable was to take some screenshots I had made lol. Astro has all my needs as far as file management.
    So then just change the file name to update.zip and put it in the root?
    02-13-10 12:09 PM
    So then just change the file name to update.zip and put it in the root?
    It's a nandroid boot.img file, not an update.zip file.

Also, I lost my wifi. Went back to the Taz 1ghz kernel.
    02-13-10 12:15 PM
    It's a nandroid boot.img file, not an update.zip file.

Also, I lost my wifi. Went back to the Taz 1ghz kernel.
    Oh ok. I think I'm going to just stick with Taz'z kernel and give TempMonitor another look. Don't want to lose my WiFi either.

Edit- The refresh rate on TempMonitor is default set to 5 seconds. Do these refresh rates make any noticeable difference on the battery life?
    Last edited by avt123; 02-13-10 at 12:29 PM.
    02-13-10 12:19 PM
    I don't think so. As I mentioned, TempMonitor never appears on my battery use screen, so it must be pretty low.
    02-13-10 04:29 PM
    Yea I haven't noticed any difference in my battery and I have been using my Droid a lot today. Looks like I will stick with this setup. Thanks for the help.
    02-13-10 04:36 PM
    I don't think so. As I mentioned, TempMonitor never appears on my battery use screen, so it must be pretty low.
    so i finally gave it and bought tempmonitor but i refunded it within hours.

Are you using smoked glass theme? because with the black notification bar, it appears that the temp shows in black font and i never saw any temp in the notification bar. also i set it to "actual" time updating and the temp of the processor fluctuated unrealistically. Example, 1 second it was at 34*C then it jumped to 45*C then back down to 36*C then down to 32*C then up to 50*C all within seconds. weird. i refunded after i saw this happen a bunch of times.
    02-15-10 02:11 AM
    I just remembered when Taz was testing his kernel, he stated on alldroid that the fastest stable OC was 1.2 Ghz and 1.3 Ghz was unstable.

Yet they released 1.3 Ghz and they never released 1.2 Ghz, just 1.1 Ghz.

Any ideas guys?
    02-15-10 02:20 AM
    im on 1.1ghz and no issues at all.

1.3ghz on the other hand, i can get to home screen, but then the screen blacks out and i gotta batt pull to reboot the phone.
    02-16-10 12:44 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD