Be very very very careful!

I read on a bunch of other forums that it caused their phone to be unstable. But then I thought, what the ****, I'll try it anyway because a lot of people's droids can't run 1.1Ghz either but it runs perfect on mine.

SOooooooooooooooooooo i installed it.

Low and behold, ran great for hour. Then all of a sudden FC FC FC then boot loop. Phone would boot up then 10 seconds later it would boot again. sometimes instantly, sometimes after a few seconds.

Luckily I was able to run DroidRootPro and auto install the 1.1Ghz kernal again and now everything is fine.

BUT also the 1.3 Kernal caused 10 FC's in a row to messaging service, then it deleted all my texts.

SO i would not suggest anyone try it unless you work really well with adb and can reboot into sprecovery > mount system > Use adb to reload a lower kernal. Even with droidrootpro it was hit or miss if my phone would reboot itself.

ALSO FYI I tried to run the 1.3Ghz kernal at a lower speed via SetCPU and it didn't make a difference. Boot loops!
    02-11-10 09:12 PM
    I don't even clock my Droid past 800MHz. It runs fast and smooth enough at this speed. Anything higher would probably cook the CPU.
    I felt the same way, until I loaded AdamZ's Smoked Glass 4.1 rom. I am now running at 950mhz at lower temperatures than using BB at 800mhz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:20 PM
    I felt the same way, until I loaded AdamZ's Smoked Glass 4.1 rom. I am now running at 950mhz at lower temperatures than using BB at 800mhz.

800 is the best neutral speed to run at. Bugless Beast + 1.1Ghz (via DroidRootPro) works well together too.

My temp goes higher with it charging than running 1.1Ghz When I charge I underclock to 550 Mhz

Has anyone tried out the new TEMP Monitor by Taz that checks actual temp of processor versus battery temp?
    02-11-10 09:39 PM
    I only go down to 800 when charging, I could run at 950, but I'm just being conservative.

I am using TempMonitor, FYI it isn't Taz's app.

02-11-10 09:54 PM
    I have had 2 battery pulls this week at 1G, could be coincidence, but concidering backing it down to 900 where I had no trouble.
    02-11-10 11:23 PM
    Not many people can get 1.3 to run and from the ones that did, even a lesser number were stable on it.

I'm at 1Ghz and I'm fine I see no need to push my phone to the limit.
    02-12-10 01:22 AM
    yeah now i'm starting to regret it. having other issues. even after reinstalling rom.
    02-12-10 01:44 AM
    What kind of issues?

02-12-10 01:58 AM
    I wonder this as well, I have my own separate weird issues that I keep to myself, but that's cause I get lazy and flash roms on top of one another. Weird stuff like my clock on notification bar and clock on lockscreen wont match, keyboard will not type when I click on it, gallery is sometimes multitouch sometimes not, and a bunch of other bizarre little things that only happened once or twice hah.
    02-12-10 02:06 AM
    LOL. I once had a virtual keyboard that took up only the left half of the bottom of my landscape screen.

02-12-10 02:16 AM
    Running 1GHz and was at 1.1GHz before. Temp never goes higher than 32C. But that's with an hour of constant use, I haven't used my device constantly for an hour+ since before I OCed.
    02-12-10 11:31 AM
    I haven't had the (*U#@ to try anything but the default speed on the Sholes ROM. It's working really well for me that I haven't really thought about gaining more speed and running the risk of heat damage.
    02-12-10 03:00 PM
    I haven't had the (*U#@ to try anything but the default speed on the Sholes ROM. It's working really well for me that I haven't really thought about gaining more speed and running the risk of heat damage.
    heat damage isn't too much of a factor because the heat rating for the processor is actually pretty high. its more the 1.3 kernal itself is unstable and it corrupted other files. and its too bad Taz is on a break and isn't going to fix it any time soon. if alldroid were smart they'd pull down the kernal.
    02-12-10 03:40 PM
    My texts have been all deleted randomly 2 times, one at 550ghz a week after I got the phone, then recently at 1ghz, so I drop 1.3ghz was the cause of that one.
    02-12-10 08:01 PM
    I installed Steve's 1ghz kernel and that thing is smooth.
    02-12-10 10:14 PM
    My texts have been all deleted randomly 2 times, one at 550ghz a week after I got the phone, then recently at 1ghz, so I drop 1.3ghz was the cause of that one.
    are you using handcent or chompsms? both of them can cause random errors and delete all yer texts.
    02-12-10 10:18 PM
    I installed Steve's 1ghz kernel and that thing is smooth.
    steve has his own overclock kernel? as far as i knew all the roms were using taz's. even in the 2.1 roms.
    02-12-10 10:19 PM
    steve has his own overclock kernel? as far as i knew all the roms were using taz's. even in the 2.1 roms.
    Here man copy paste through Droid.

AllDroid - View topic - Some random kernel patches for 2.6.29

Page 8 has nandroid back ups for 800 and 1000. He implemented a lot of fixes not present on taz's kernel.
    02-12-10 10:24 PM
    Here man copy paste through Droid.

AllDroid - View topic - Some random kernel patches for 2.6.29

Page 8 has nandroid back ups for 800 and 1000. He implemented a lot of fixes not present on taz's kernel.
    LMAO i was looking at that thread but got bored of it because it was all

"i will not give support for this kernal"

and i didn't see an attachment so i was like wth it must be private for now. (the kernel)

I didn't make it past page 5 or so.

haha I looked at his other thread too and didn't see any downloads.
    02-12-10 11:51 PM
    Haha everybody is about getting it as fast as we can. I don't see any reason to go past 800mhz .... even 950 is pushing it.
    02-13-10 11:08 AM
    Just download the zip? I'm guessing to change it to update.zip and then load it through SPRecovery? Do I need to wipe first or can I just install it over what I have?
    02-13-10 11:17 AM
    Just download the zip? I'm guessing to change it to update.zip and then load it through SPRecovery? Do I need to wipe first or can I just install it over what I have?
    I did it last night, my Vista-64 machine gave me some weird error message when I told it to extract the files.

Then I got some error 28's I believe when I stuck the boot.img file in my Smoked Glass ROM folder and tried to do an Advanced Nandroid Restore. So I stuck all 3 files from the download (extracted) into my backup folder and then the Restore went ok.

So far, I don't notice any difference except this kernel doesn't support the CPU temps in TempMonitor.
    02-13-10 11:36 AM
    I did it last night, my Vista-64 machine gave me some weird error message when I told it to extract the files.

Then I got some error 28's I believe when I stuck the boot.img file in my Smoked Glass ROM folder and tried to do an Advanced Nandroid Restore. So I stuck all 3 files from the download (extracted) into my backup folder and then the Restore went ok.

So far, I don't notice any difference except this kernel doesn't support the CPU temps in TempMonitor.
    So what exactly do I need to do to get this to flash. I'm on a Mac if that makes a big difference.
    02-13-10 11:41 AM

yeah i started reading a bout it and between sholes, taz, and this, there are no noticeable differences.

Oh btw how do you like temp monitor? i have been hesitating to get it. I have battery indicator in my notification bar already and i didn't want to put too much stuff on it. plus it has a battery temp monitor in it too and i can tell when my droid is getting too hot. mostly when its charging.
    02-13-10 11:41 AM
    yeah i started reading a bout it and between sholes, taz, and this, there are no noticeable differences.

Oh btw how do you like temp monitor? i have been hesitating to get it. I have battery indicator in my notification bar already and i didn't want to put too much stuff on it. plus it has a battery temp monitor in it too and i can tell when my droid is getting too hot. mostly when its charging.
    No noticeable differences? I guess I will be fine with Taz'z kernel then.

I heard that temp monitor is a huge battery drain. I had it for a few hours and then got rid of it once I heard about that.
    02-13-10 11:44 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD