it failed sometime last week, and i've heard that the file leaked. i don't have any specific details (since i don't care about the droid, i don't ask. i have the eris) but i know there is stuff floating around on some of the other more technical forums.
    02-23-10 12:19 PM
    any source?
    02-23-10 12:24 PM
    yeah, me. ask anyone who's been around the storm forum if my info is reliable.
    02-23-10 12:26 PM
    yeah, me. ask anyone who's been around the storm forum if my info is reliable.
    Patches is one of the people who always has the inside scoop on the final stages of testing at VZW. I would say his word is as good as gold.

Sad news for me, as I have the Moto Droid.
    02-23-10 12:36 PM
    that sucks.
    02-23-10 12:39 PM
    I'm running 2.1 and its bugless.
    02-23-10 12:40 PM
    Aww... Sadness...

I'm always weird in the way that I don't like messing with a phone (for instance, rooting), but I may give in and try it out pretty soon.
    02-23-10 12:42 PM
    i'm trying to find the leak info/details, idk if the download is still active. i was told its on AllDroid - Index page, but i'm not familiar with the site so it might take me awhile to find it. feel free to use some google-fu to help your old buddy patches out.

EDIT: nevermind i found it.

AllDroid - View topic - Official 2.1 update on my Droid
    02-23-10 12:55 PM
    i guess this is good or bad? news...for those who aren't rooted.

interesting to see why they failed it. my guess is the android platform is TOO open for vzw? lol
    02-23-10 03:18 PM
    And it shocks anyone that a OS failed testing at VZW. What's up patches glad to see you around.....
    02-23-10 03:22 PM
    Bummer..was looking forward to the update which I thought was coming soon...
    02-23-10 06:42 PM
    And it shocks anyone that a OS failed testing at VZW. What's up patches glad to see you around.....
    LOL. So how the heck does any OS from RIM get through Verizon testing?

Seriously, Verizon must use a much more lax standard when approving an OS from RIM because they still haven't come out with a decent OS for the 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 07:07 PM
    hey patches I had sent you a pm on andriodcentral. disregard, you answer my question here
    02-23-10 09:47 PM
    LOL. So how the heck does any OS from RIM get through Verizon testing?

Seriously, Verizon must use a much more lax standard when approving an OS from RIM because they still haven't come out with a decent OS for the 8330.

Ha ha, yup. It was declined by Verizon because of Skype and flash. Didn't know a leak was on the LIST. It was good at Motorola! What's up suckizon! I mean vericrap.

02-23-10 10:39 PM
    Patches is one of the people who always has the inside scoop on the final stages of testing at VZW. I would say his word is as good as gold.

Sad news for me, as I have the Moto Droid.
    He was banned again. I lost track of how many times he's been banned.
    02-24-10 09:14 PM
    02-24-10 10:10 PM
    lol, it looks like patches' Interwebs ability failed testing too.

BTW, I can't believe how many people you've gotten to fall for that "Banned" user title. lol!!!!! That title idea IS Epic.
    02-24-10 10:38 PM
    Nobody believed me besides PK. It's paying off now.

And Idk Wtf happened with that image. I'll fix it later. You'll appreciate it the most.

02-24-10 11:19 PM
    Gonna go with Patches152.. Used to spend a condierable amount of time on Crackberry and Patches and Civic reliable resources.. Read once where Patches152 had it twisted but, Civic set him straight. Hahahaha!

Been using Android since late November and have to give it props.. Great device out of the box.. Personally not interested in official Verizon OS release.. Being Rooted, Rom'd, Overclocked and Themed.. Droidmod.org/Sholes.info have taken the droid to the next level.. All the best parts of 2.1 have been ported to the latest Roms. Good time to own a Moto Droid
    02-24-10 11:24 PM
    any source?
    I won't give you a hard time for asking for a source. I remember patches from the BB storm threads, he was helpful, but his ego can't handle good bibliography's After all, everybody wants to be the GEEK, with the inside stuff J/K peaches ha ha!
    02-25-10 12:07 AM
    I won't give you a hard time for asking for a source. I remember patches from the BB storm threads, he was helpful, but his ego can't handle good bibliography's After all, everybody wants to be the GEEK, with the inside stuff J/K peaches ha ha!
    lmao +99999999999
    02-25-10 12:44 AM
    LOL old joke. I don't think he is banned. Thats just his title.
    02-25-10 09:54 AM
    I'm running 2.1 and its bugless.
    Really?! And who delivered your copy? Santa Claus? Or the Easter Bunny?

02-25-10 01:19 PM
    Really?! And who delivered your copy? Santa Claus? Or the Easter Bunny?

Pete at alldroid.org released the offcial andrid 2.1 system dump (leak) over a week ago. He has since then made a rom which I have been running.
    02-25-10 01:24 PM
    Pete at alldroid.org released the offcial andrid 2.1 system dump (leak) over a week ago. He has since then made a rom which I have been running.
    i used bb for a while but for some reason my phone didnt like bb 2.1, ran very hot, and some stuff started to fc i even tried every kerenl he had listed and some he didnt. im trying chevy's Simply Stunning 1.0.2 and i must say that it runs great @1.2ghz and temps are low. the best part is where i was already on a 2.1 rom i was able to do a nandroid restore and uncheck data so i didnt have to re download all my apps. not to take anything away from pete, bb .7.6 @ 1.2ghz was my best setup so far. just wanted to suggest it in case you or anyone else ever want to try something different.
    02-25-10 05:39 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD