Hey Guys, here is my situation.

ATT contract is up in November. I was going to wait for the 9800, but not sure now. The Samsung Captivate looks really nice. Should I stay with ATT or switch to Verizon? If so which phone?

Thanks!
    07-20-10 06:13 PM
    Presuming that AT&T and VZW service are equal in your area, I'd jump to VZ. They have a much better line of Android phones (again, presuming that's what you're interested in as this is the Android forum): Droid, Incredible, X, soon to be released Droid 2 and Fascinate, some others I'm probably forgetting, and the rumored 2 GHz beast the Droid Pro.
    07-20-10 06:19 PM
    Thanks, what are the differences between the X, Fascinate and the Captivate (att). Honestly, the only thing I will regret leaving BB will be BBM. = (
    07-20-10 06:26 PM
    Thanks, what are the differences between the X, Fascinate and the Captivate (att). Honestly, the only thing I will regret leaving BB will be BBM. = (
    fascinate and captivate are kinda the same except the fascinate has a flash camera. only thing in my opinion what samsung has over the droid x is the processor. if i was in your situation i would jump to verizon and get a android device from them.
    07-20-10 07:05 PM
    The fascinate and captivate are the exact same phones in different shells. If you're satisfied with att, stay with them and see what android offerings they have in noverber.
    07-20-10 07:13 PM
    Double post, Mod please delete.
    07-20-10 07:13 PM
    Check out the thread "Samsung Captivate vs Droid X," particularly DarkSource's post at the bottom of p. 6.

I haven't used it, but from what I hear GoogleTalk is a good alternative to BBM.

Good luck!
    07-20-10 08:05 PM
    Get a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant! (In the USA you call them Captivate!)

Seriously, best phone ive ever seen in my life. It also has video out capabilites via the Audio jack. And its got Swipe! Im never going back to Blackberry.

I get to pick it up at the end of the month, here in Canada.

Or wait for this bad boy to come out in the USA/Canada

Galaxy Beam - Overview - Samsung Mobile Singapore

Samsung Galaxy S Beam with a projector! 50" capabilities!

Last edited by shacknews; 07-20-10 at 08:14 PM.
    07-20-10 08:10 PM
    when it comes to android samsung isnt the right choice. i state this because they cant even update there other android devices to 2.1 and also there isnt even a date for 2.2 froyo on the galaxy s for the us. motorola is committed to android so they are always doing updates. remember that when u choose ur device mmmkk.
    07-20-10 09:18 PM
    when it comes to android samsung isnt the right choice. i state this because they cant even update there other android devices to 2.1 and also there isnt even a date for 2.2 froyo on the galaxy s for the us. motorola is committed to android so they are always doing updates. remember that when u choose ur device mmmkk.
    Isnt it easy to update your OS after rooting your device? Takes less than 2 minutes to root? For any Android based phone.
    Last edited by shacknews; 07-20-10 at 09:28 PM.
    07-20-10 09:21 PM
    Isnt it easy to update you OS after rooting your device? Takes less than 2 minutes to root?
    not everyone is going to want to go the rooting way. in my opinion im stating that samsung isn't reliable.
    07-20-10 09:25 PM
    Check out the thread "Samsung Captivate vs Droid X," particularly DarkSource's post at the bottom of p. 6.

I haven't used it, but from what I hear GoogleTalk is a good alternative to BBM.

Good luck!
    I was just about to link him to my post!

not everyone is going to want to go the rooting way. in my opinion im stating that samsung isn't reliable.
    That is true now, but if Evoked comes out with a one click root for Samsung, then everyone and their mother will be rooting. If TouchWiz wasn't on the Samsung line, I probably wouldn't have gone the DX route. I could have rooted it to take that off, but I'm not a fan of porting different themed (Sense or Moto) roms. I love my DX, but knowing that the hardware (mainly GPU) is slower, makes me a wee bit sad, but I can't have everything can I? BTW I'm posting on my beast DX!!!
    07-20-10 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD