I got my HTC Hero yesterday and everything has been working great. Tonight I went to place a call and get an error message saying the call cannot be completed as dialed. Weird, it worked last night. I tried with the area code, same thing, I tried half a dozen different numbers, nothing. I tried Telus client care (*611) and the same error message.

I can surf the web, text, send and receive e-mail on both the HSPA network and via my WIFI at home and I can receive incoming calls as I had a friend call me, but I cannot place outgoing calls.

I removed and put the sim back in, restarted the phone, everything, and still, I cannot place outgoing calls. I have gone through my menus and settings and tried everything I can think of and still, I cannot place calls on my phone.

Does anyone out there have any idea what may be going on with my phone??
    03-18-10 06:24 PM
    i had the same thing happen to my verizon droid. It sounds like an android problem. Are you out of your home calling area? I ended up having to get the phone replaced. all my data worked and i could get incoming calls but could not dial out. i would get the call failed message.
    03-18-10 07:59 PM
    I can place calls with it, but only if I put + in front of the area code and number (+1-555-555-1234). Otherwise it will not allow me to call out. I am in my home calling area, and even if I dial a number that is in my contacts (dial it, not select it from my contacts) it gives me the error (8UM1; Your call cannot be completed as dialed)

I called TELUS DNA and the rep told me he thinks it is a SIM issue, but I don't see it being a SIM issue when all data, text and incoming calls works. It makes me think it is a phone setting, but I have gone through everything a few times now and cannot find anything that would cause it.

I also did a hard reset, removed the SIM and the DNA rep reset my account, and still I am getting this error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-18-10 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD