Thats all im trying to figure out...I dont know what im doing wrong but it just wont work
    02-09-10 03:24 PM
    The SMUpdater gives you an option of installing the Smoked Glass theme but not the Smoked Glass ROM. If you choose to install the theme then it will be installed to work with the Sholes.info ROM which is pretty good. I'm using it at the moment.
    02-09-10 06:49 PM
    As long as sp_recovery is installed, you can load the Smoked Glass ROM using the Advanced Backup/Restore function.

If you made a Nandroid backup, you can add your Data, Cache, and Misc files from your backup into the Smoked Glass folder and run the nandroid restore to install the ROM and you wont lose anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 07:33 PM
    Any using the Smoked Glass ROM? Currently on BB and have consider switching to Smoked Glass. Does it seem to be running good?
    02-09-10 08:47 PM
    I'm running smoked glass plus and like it a lot.

02-09-10 09:08 PM
    Smoked Glass 4.1 with Taz's CPU temp monitoring kernel released today.
    02-10-10 02:28 PM
    Smoked Glass, first version lol. Just installed stuff manually to it, but overall it is my favorite rom.
    02-10-10 03:10 PM
    Are there any real differences with the smoked glass 4.1 and BB? I would like to test my radio with 4.1 to see if the issues I am seeing with BB are legit? Will I need to do some ADB work after the nandroid install? His instructions on alldroid seem to suggest it. I have ADB installed but I have not used it yet

Also, is there a good way to save your app data/contacts, etc? I am using titanium backup to save some but not sure if contacts are saved this way too. Last time I did a nandroid backup, market downloads showed my previously installed/purchsed apps but I think after I installed all my paid apps, the others disappeared from the list. I know there is a few I forgot about...
    Thanks
    02-12-10 03:26 PM
    Are there any real differences with the smoked glass 4.1 and BB? I would like to test my radio with 4.1 to see if the issues I am seeing with BB are legit? Will I need to do some ADB work after the nandroid install? His instructions on alldroid seem to suggest it. I have ADB installed but I have not used it yet

Also, is there a good way to save your app data/contacts, etc? I am using titanium backup to save some but not sure if contacts are saved this way too. Last time I did a nandroid backup, market downloads showed my previously installed/purchsed apps but I think after I installed all my paid apps, the others disappeared from the list. I know there is a few I forgot about...
    Thanks
    install BB via Sprecovery using his update.zip and it preserves all data. no formatting necessary. all your contacts can be saved automatically as long as you have google sync activated and you selected contacts.

as well, you can press the menu key while on your contacts screen and press import/export contacts.

then you want to export (transfer from main device to external) to sd card. and it will save all your contacts. then if you ever need to reload, just hit it again and hit import.

one of the most useful tools i use is ASTRO FILE MANAGER. Free on market.
    I would use this to rename your exported contacts file to the date you exported them. As well as obviously being a file manager (move, del, change name, etc) it allows you to easily back up all your 3rd party apps on your sd card. and you can reinstall them anytime.
    02-12-10 03:33 PM
    I have installed BB with update.zip but it seems like nandroid is a cleaner install. Plus I think smoked Glass only has a nandroid install? I have done it both ways.

Thanks for the export idea! I took care of that Astro cannot backup all apps though. I have used it but Titanium will do some apps that astro won't. I saw DroidRootPro has an app backup. Ever used it?

Thanks
    install BB via Sprecovery using his update.zip and it preserves all data. no formatting necessary. all your contacts can be saved automatically as long as you have google sync activated and you selected contacts.

as well, you can press the menu key while on your contacts screen and press import/export contacts.

then you want to export (transfer from main device to external) to sd card. and it will save all your contacts. then if you ever need to reload, just hit it again and hit import.

one of the most useful tools i use is ASTRO FILE MANAGER. Free on market.
    I would use this to rename your exported contacts file to the date you exported them. As well as obviously being a file manager (move, del, change name, etc) it allows you to easily back up all your 3rd party apps on your sd card. and you can reinstall them anytime.
    02-12-10 03:42 PM
    I used droidrootpro to back up but never had to reload it. what apps didn't astro back up for you? because it backed up all of mine.....

its a cleaner install because you wipe everything! lol but all the update.zip is doing is keeping your current configuration, and replacing old files with new files. thats all.
    02-12-10 03:46 PM
    Thanks
    I said it a few posts up, but you can load a ROM using the nandroid method without losing anything (Data, Apps, Contacts, etc.)

As long as sp_recovery is installed, you can load the Smoked Glass ROM using the Advanced Backup/Restore function.

If you made a Nandroid backup, you can add your Data, Cache, and Misc files from your backup into the Smoked Glass folder and run the nandroid restore to install the ROM and you wont lose anything.

02-12-10 03:55 PM
    I have IP Cam viewer, my touchdown license and Utalk Bulgarian app that are marked private in Astro. Keying my IP addresses for my web cams sucks to redo

Are you on BB or Smoked now?
    02-12-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks Xliderider. I will try that next time. I have only used nandroid once so I have a lot to figure out.
    02-12-10 03:58 PM
    I have IP Cam viewer, my touchdown license and Utalk Bulgarian app that are marked private in Astro. Keying my IP addresses for my web cams sucks to redo

Are you on BB or Smoked now?
    Hmm, your Bulgarian? Didn't think anyone on this forum was, let alone with a Droid lol.
    02-12-10 06:43 PM
    Hmm, your Bulgarian? Didn't think anyone on this forum was, let alone with a Droid lol.
    LOL. If I was Bulgarian, I would not need the app I am going to Bulgaria in a few months so I thought it might be handy.
    02-12-10 06:47 PM
    LOL. If I was Bulgarian, I would not need the app I am going to Bulgaria in a few months so I thought it might be handy.
    Ah right, sorry didn't put 2 and 2 together, just read word 'Bulgarian' and thought you were from there, anyhow have fun whenever you do go there.
    02-12-10 07:16 PM
    Alright, I need to find something else to do apparently LOL
    I just did an advanced backup of my phone(cache, boot, etc). If I dl smoked glass 4.1 and then place the SG folder in my nandroid folder. Then I do a advanced nandroid restore, choose backup - recovery, system, & boot. Then restore. This will load the SG rom and restore my apps, contacts and data? SG is in the SG folder within the nandroid folder.

My phone backup is in the nandroid folder? I think it was mentioned to put the backup in the SG folder but I don't see this in the instructions unless having the SG folder in the nandroid folder before you backup places the backup in the SG folder?

I think the only one he has is the 1ghz version, I assume I can take setcpu and bring this back to 950mhz?

Also, is there anything else I would have to do to get this basically to the same makeup of bugless beast.

Thanks
    02-12-10 07:47 PM
    Smoked Glass has been very solid for me, i have it on Taz' 1ghz kernal and love it, its very fast.
    02-12-10 07:54 PM
    Alright, I need to find something else to do apparently LOL
    I just did an advanced backup of my phone(cache, boot, etc). If I dl smoked glass 4.1 and then place the SG folder in my nandroid folder. Then I do a advanced nandroid restore, choose backup - recovery, system, & boot. Then restore. This will load the SG rom and restore my apps, contacts and data? SG is in the SG folder within the nandroid folder.

My phone backup is in the nandroid folder? I think it was mentioned to put the backup in the SG folder but I don't see this in the instructions unless having the SG folder in the nandroid folder before you backup places the backup in the SG folder?

I think the only one he has is the 1ghz version, I assume I can take setcpu and bring this back to 950mhz?

Also, is there anything else I would have to do to get this basically to the same makeup of bugless beast.

Thanks
    This is what you do:

Mount your SD card on your computer.

Copy your Data, Misc, and Cache files from your Nandroid/Backup folder to your Nandroid/Smoked Glass folder (which already contains Boot, Nandroid, Recovery, and System.

Unmount your SD card.

Boot into SP_Recovery.

Select backup/restore. Select advanced nandroid restore, Choose backup (Smoked Glass 4.1). Perform Restore.

Enjoy your Smoked Glass Rom with all your settings, contacts and apps intact.
    02-12-10 08:31 PM
    Everything went well. I am trying the 2.1 launcher now. I like the app drawer! Should I remove some or all of the widgets on home++ while I use the launcher? I thought I read this could be a memory issue. I wish you could have the launcher with home++
    02-13-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD