Is there a way I can get my calendar agenda or at least a slimmed down version of it on my homescreen? Basically I'd like to see at all times what appointments I've got without opening up the calendar every time?

Also random question but what is the difference between an app and a widget? I'm assuming the widget is the icon for the app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 04:52 PM
    Sense has two agenda widgets. There's one with just the next one you have, or a large one with the upcoming ones.

10-16-11 05:52 PM
    A widget would put a viewable agenda on a home screen (instead of an icon). There are several calendar Widgets out there. My favorite is Executive Assistant, which has the ability to display calendar, missed calls, sms, new email, and tasks (depending on which task app you use). I have the widget set to only display agenda and tasks (tied to Dato gTasks) .
    10-16-11 08:56 PM
    Is there a way I can get my calendar agenda or at least a slimmed down version of it on my homescreen? Basically I'd like to see at all times what appointments I've got without opening up the calendar every time?

Also random question but what is the difference between an app and a widget? I'm assuming the widget is the icon for the app?

you have a Bold, yet posted that question here? time to update your profile, perhaps?
    10-16-11 09:22 PM
    Thanks guys so just to confirm a widget is something that works on the homescreen displaying information on a specific app? So does every app have a widget? Or do I have to look in the market for a widget for the app I use?

Karmaloop, I can't find that widget on my device?

Profile will be changed!

10-17-11 02:40 AM
    Thanks guys so just to confirm a widget is something that works on the homescreen displaying information on a specific app? So does every app have a widget? Or do I have to look in the market for a widget for the app I use?

Karmaloop, I can't find that widget on my device?

Profile will be changed!

10-17-11 03:29 AM
    It all depends on the app you download as to whether or not it'll have a widget. Generally..the reviews or info about the app will tell you this. And yes..widgets are kind of like having the app open and running at all times..but available on one of your "home screens". For example..with a Twitter or Facebook widget..you can see what people are posting or their status updates without ever having to open your app.

In order to install a widget..simply hit Menu > +Add and you should see a list come up. You can add shortcuts, folders, widgets etc. Click on widgets and scroll thru your available list.

And on the subject of calendar widgets...a nice little one is Smooth Calendar. It gives you a "Today" like calendar as a widget..so you can see all your upcoming appointments and whatnot.
    10-17-11 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD