Does anyone else no how to fix this? I have been searching the threads for a while now and cant seem to find an answer. When i open the browser and go to a website i want and then finish with it i press the home key on the phone to bring me to my phone display. However when i click on the browser again it has the same page i last viewed on it as if the browser was never closed. The only way i have seen how to close it is by hitting the back button numerous times through all the pages i viewed till it has no more more pages to go through then closes. Is this correct or am i missing something? Also there is no way to get to my home screen on the internet, if i am on crackberry and want to go back to my home screen of google there is no dedicated button and again i have press the back button a million times is this correct? Any help would be huge!
    11-08-09 05:27 AM
    Pressing the Home button while in the Browser app doesn't end the session. This is why you can multitask on the Android device.

Download Task Killer or Advanced Task Killer from the Android Market and you will see the running apps in your device memory. By killing the open apps, like Browser, you are truly shutting them down. After running a Task Killer app and shutting down your Browser, the Browser will open in whatever the default page is.
    11-08-09 05:35 AM
    The alternative to the Task Killer apps is to press Menu, Settings, Applications, Running Services, select the processes to stop. You have to do this one by one though.
    11-08-09 05:38 AM
    Taskiller sounds like the app for me then, thanks for your speedy reply.
    11-08-09 05:52 AM
    Create a bookmark to the home page that you want and place it on the home screen. Then just click that and you will always start on that page. Dont use the task killer app.

Look into the htc bookmarks widget its very nice.

Last edited by SGracer; 11-08-09 at 12:01 PM.
    11-08-09 11:44 AM
    Thats a good idea also, the only thing i was wondering is if i am viewing a page and want to go home then is there a way i can do it without closing the browser going to the bookmark widget and then reloading the internet?
    11-08-09 05:00 PM
    is there a difference between bookmarks and favorites?
    11-08-09 08:07 PM
    i would click menu, hit windows, and hit new window. that should start you on your start page. i dont see a need really to actually close your browser.

and like above, defo use the bookmark widget, super convenient.
    11-08-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD