From what I've found from googling, many says that BBM (Blackberry Messenger) is impossible to be able to be executed in a non RIM device. I'm just thinking, would it be possible if we modify our smartphone that is not a Blackberry to be able to have the blackberry messenger in it. I'm just guessing, if our non-BB smartphone is installed with RIM hardware anyhow.. and the hardware works, and the RIM hardware supports us BBM-ing, and the we'll be able to generate or receive BB pin, or maybe special pin so the BBM will work on our non-BB phone. I'm just thinking. Is that way I pondered possible to be done? It would be great to have BBM on non-BB. I would be able to keep on using my android while in the same time keeping in touch with my friends who mostly use Blackberry Messenger to communicate. I just want to not losing any update without necessarily having a BB. Cause I'm not a fan of BB physically; I prefer other smartphone models. BB's design is too rigid, and big-sized.
    05-15-11 07:36 AM
    For all intents and purposes, it is impossible, until/unless RIM decides to allow it.

There have been rumors/denials of it y.being licensed to other OSes, and I can see the positives in both sides of the argument.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 05-16-11 at 07:11 AM. Reason: clarity
    05-15-11 09:56 AM
    It's up to RIM. Years ago, RIM made the BB email client available on certain Nokia phones (don't know if BBM was available as well).
    05-15-11 03:14 PM
    It would end in an enormous lawsuit from RIM if you were to actually be able to reverse engineer the BBM app and make it work on a different platform.

Basically, until they decide to release it for a non BB platform, it isn't possible or practical.
    05-15-11 08:12 PM
    It all goes through RIM's servers, and RIM had already said they would not release BBM for other platforms.

Kik was pretty close to being a cross-platform BBM and RIM took their signing keys away, as well as initiating a lawsuit. I would think anyone who tried to reverse engineer or linked into their servers would find themselves in court pretty quickly.
    05-16-11 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD