OK....I downloaded maildroid & installed. This thing seems to only download mail when its open!!! WTF........
    If it's open, it will push mail. If its not open, I don't get mail until I open it. I've had to enable notifications in gmail for the time being.
    I've been through all the settings and don't see anything.
    Anybody have anything for me? Tell me there's a setting I'm missing.
    Does the $18 version work any better?
    Pantless will be a better source, and am sure will be along shortly.

The Pro version, IIRC had no ads. People who purchased it seem to like it.

In any case, seems like you have Gmail AND Maildroid doing mail at the same time?
    01-02-12 08:24 AM
    Pantless will be a better source, and am sure will be along shortly.

The Pro version, IIRC had no ads. People who purchased it seem to like it.

In any case, seems like you have Gmail AND Maildroid doing mail at the same time?
    Yeah, until I can get maildroid working....or uninstall it.
    01-02-12 08:28 AM
    I'm actually having problems with Mail Droid, too. I have 3 accounts synced to it, my work email, yahoo, and a non-primary gmail account. I've been getting yahoo emails just fine, but not my work emails! Not sure if I've gotten any in the gmail account recently, but it's not that much of an important account. That's weird that you're not getting incoming emails unless it's open! I'm going to send some test emails and see what happens.

ETA: Just sent myself messages to all three accounts. My gmail and yahoo emails came through as normal. My work email did not. I'll have to double check the settings. I really don't know what to tell you about mails only coming through when the app is open, though! I haven't had that happen yet. I browsed through the settings and I can't even find a setting to make that happen! Maybe it's because, like t said, you have both apps working at the same time? I know that if I get an alert on my Amaze and my BB at the same time, and I happen to have my BB closer to me, the alert on my Amaze goes away entirely if I check it on the BB first.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 01-03-12 at 10:02 AM.
    01-03-12 09:49 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD