View Poll Results: Is Blackberry Innovative?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry has lost Innovation.

60 46.51%
  • Blackberry is behind, but not lost.

64 49.61%
  • Blackberry is catching up fast.

2 1.55%
  • Blackberry is Innovative

9 6.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I don't think I've seen it covered but maybe I missed it....DRIP DRIP DRIP....

That's the memory leaking from the BlackBerry OS...I read it before somewhere,but it's very sad when one of your platform's top apps is a effin battery pull emulator.

Get more memory and actually manage it
    07-10-10 07:46 PM
    I don't think I've seen it covered but maybe I missed it....DRIP DRIP DRIP....

That's the memory leaking from the BlackBerry OS...I read it before somewhere,but it's very sad when one of your platform's top apps is a effin battery pull emulator.

Get more memory and actually manage it
    I forgot about that! So true.

The other reason I did not go back the BB is the numerous service outages that occurred the second half of 2009. I got fed up after an outage due to a bad line of code in an BBM update. I missed quite a few emails for work that day. It cemented my decision to jump ship to a non-BB phone. Flaky service = bad for business.
    07-11-10 08:05 PM
    Everyone has heard the phrase 'You didn't know what you were missing until you left.....'

Moving to Android has clearly opened my eyes now.

Folks- RIM has been asleep at the wheel for 3 years now. My god they just released WiFi to the Bold 9650? Come on. The same sh!tty browser since the 8830? Are you serious? The iTouch has a better browser than RIM.

Look at the rapid market share Android is taking.

Steve Jobs said it best, he's not worried about RIM, he's worried about Android. And Android has 14% marketshare (up from 9%)...RIM holds strong at 42%, but if they do not innovate quick, it will be too late.
    07-11-10 08:15 PM
    That at&t torch commercial should put this thread to rest?
    08-08-10 07:04 PM
    The Torch looks like a warmed over Palm-Pre.
    It's great if you want a keyboard, I guess.
    For people like me, that have a Storm or Storm II, looks like a DX or Incredible will be the only option in the near term The SIII is rumored to be a warmed over SII.
    08-08-10 11:19 PM
    They're behind, but not lost. The Torch is a step in the right direction. Also OS 6 is looking good on the 9780, so it'll likely perform quite well on a non-touchscreen BB.
    08-08-10 11:26 PM
    Well they did lose some innovation but not out unless they start trying to compete against Android and Apple. RIM has been a great company but I have to admit as much as I loved the Bold 9000 *its size was awesome* but it was a failure in the sense *plus there was quite a few hardware failures* that when the Curve 8900 was released a different design, and when the bold 2 9700 came out, basically the size of the Curve 8900 except the bold style keyboard and bold 9000 cpu. Now the Torch, I could live with the low resolution screen but the sad part is still the same 624 mhz cpu from the bold and bold 2. Why not add at least an 800 but a 1 ghz would have been better with high def video recording as well as a good gpu to play some 3D games. That is where I say they lost some innovation is because the Torch had the ability to blow the competition out of the water, and by going on specs, it was inevitable that it was only better then the previous generation iPhone 3Gs.. I like the fact that they are working on the browser, social and media, however, now it is time to step up into gaming as well. Which is what the Captivate does is play some great 3D games is awesome *psp style graphics right there*..

Just my opinion,
    Charlie
    08-09-10 12:02 AM
    I agree, behind, but far from lost. The torch has the sexiest slider since the droid...(until the droid 2 comes) IMO. I am loving the droid 2. I like that the OS 6 is going beyond the BB norm. I agree, RIM hardware is lacking innovation, no one will debate that in their right mind. RIM saves money recycling the manufacturing process...so why are devices like the torch at a premium price? Is it the software? I am happy RIM has made a major change, and it is about time...I remember my storm 1 and when the storm 2 arrived...talk about the same thing
    08-10-10 10:42 PM
    i left blackberry after 3 years for an android phone because i felt that RIM is really behind even with the release of the torch. too little too late for me. unless theres a major overhaul, i dont think im ever going to come back.
    08-11-10 05:37 AM
    "Less an evolutionary leap, more of a triple axel"

In other words, "We didn't get to where we needed to be, but hey, look at this sliding keyboard, see see, in, out, in, out!!!!".

Perfect for a skit on Family Guy. I can see it now, Peter Griffin gets reeled in by the sliding keyboard while his house is robbed.
    08-11-10 12:51 PM
    "Less an evolutionary leap, more of a triple axel"

In other words, "We didn't get to where we needed to be, but hey, look at this sliding keyboard, see see, in, out, in, out!!!!".

Perfect for a skit on Family Guy. I can see it now, Peter Griffin gets reeled in by the sliding keyboard while his house is robbed.
    lmao....that is perfect! ha ha!
    08-12-10 02:52 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD