Switched from a Tour 9650 to a Droid 2 because Blackberry really doesn't have any new phones that can compare, although if the Torch comes to Verizon I'd certainly look at that. Here are some issues I'm having, and if anyone has a work around, please let me know.

FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS: This is kind of huge. I started using some outside app that will give me actual push notifcations, but it only notifies me the first time someone replies to something of mine, not like the Blackberry which would alert me everytime someone commented. The only way to get notifications is to constantly open and refresh the facebook app. I'm ok with a slight delay cuz it's not true push, but I want to be able to get a notification for EVERY comment in some kind of timely fashion.

Gallery: When I go to all pics, it by default shows me the oldest picture first. I'd really like to get it to show me the most recent picture first.

Linking social media to contacts: OK, I have an example friend named Ashley Smith. Ashley Smith has a Facbeook and a Twitter and a MySpace. I want them all linked to one contact. Except each one has a slightly different name. On Facebook, she's Ashley M. Smith, on Twitter she's just using a screen name, not an actual name, and on MySpace, she uses are variety of stupid symbols and the name Ashley (like ~~~*Ashley*~~~) so if I link the her MySpace to her main contact, her name now changes to ~~~*Ashley*~~~ in my contact list, not the name *I* want her other. Same thing with Bill and William, I want them to show up as Bill, or whatever I want their name as, but as soon as I link to their profile, their default name is one of their social media names. I know I can filter by Facebook and MySpace contacts and stuff, but I want it just by default, no extra steps, to be able to have ONE contact listed under the name of my choosing, that is linked to ALL of their social media accounts, and uses their Facebook picture as the default.

Yahoo mail: OK, I have my business name ([email protected]) and my screen name at yahoo.com, and they both are linked together and I can't unlink them. With the Blackberry, I could add them each, and then add a rule to not push the mail to my screen name account if it was sent to [email protected], otherwise I'd get duplicates, one at the first.last, one at the main one. I needed to be able send from the first.last account for business replies, which is the reason for needing both separate. Anyway to do that with the Droid?
    09-22-10 06:22 PM
    I think you may not be able to do what you want on the Driod. The BB may have been better for you. It's better at notification rules and email versatility and stuff like that.
    09-23-10 02:49 PM
    I agree that a BlackBerry smartphone may have been a better fit for you if those are the features you want. The Droid doesn't do push notifications on its social networking apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD