My wife is thinking of switching to Android (or iPhone if the Verizon rumors are true) from a BB Curve. She is on T-mobile and has almost finished her sentence...err...contract and wants to jump to Verizon. She is a gmail only user, so no BES requirement.

How fast is the gmail integration within Android? Is there an advantage to Android that Google is giving gmail users and not to gmail users on other platforms like iPhone or BB? Is she better off staying on BB or does internet email not make a difference on BB in terms of speed?
    07-05-10 04:51 PM
    Gmail integration is full. Emails are delivered instantly just like on her BB, you have full search and label functions ect. All Google apps implement quite nicely into Android phones as you probably assume.

She'll get a more expansive phone system, the email will be just as fast with better internal search & label access, and the data plan is cheaper.

When she sets up the phone, she will "link" her main Gmail account to the phone. You can of coarse have multiple accounts, but this one will be what you marketplace apps are linked to ect. All contacts are synced automatically into the Gmail cloud, so you don't ever have to worry about that either. iPhone doesn't get push Gmail (polling interval only), nor full integration of all Google apps.
    Last edited by dtboos; 07-05-10 at 04:59 PM.
    07-05-10 04:56 PM
    iPhone doesn't get push Gmail (polling interval only), nor full integration of all Google apps.
    Yes it does. When I had the iPhone my GMAIL was instant if you set it up the exchange way (not actually using an exchange server, just using it through the exchange settings).
    07-05-10 05:32 PM
    Yes it does. When I had the iPhone my GMAIL was instant if you set it up the exchange way (not actually using an exchange server, just using it through the exchange settings).
    Well if thats the case, the speed will be the same on any of the (3) listed platforms. Comes down to the rest of features, and the OS as a whole and what you are looking for.
    07-05-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD