So i used to have a blackberry bold 9000 but ever since monday of this week it won't turn on. It's not the battery because I bought a new one and still won't turn on. Now I'm thinking of getting an android based phone. Preferrably the g2 since I'm on t-mobile but I'll consider getting a different phone since my contract with t-mobile is almost done.

Any g2 owners out there? If so, how Are you liking the phone so far? Is there anything on t-mobile better than the g2? Anyone that switched from blackberry to android? Do you hate it or love it? Or like it? Just tryingto get some opinions, also how fast is the email on the android I knownits not as fast as the blackberry but if there's a couple of seconds of delay that's ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 05:44 PM
    Also, how is the g2's battery life compared to a blackberry?

11-04-10 05:56 PM
    I came from being a long time, die-hard BB user, to a brief encounter with the iPhone, and I'm now on the G2.

My feeling is the G2 has the snappiness of the BB's, but with the positives of the iPhone. It's definitely the fastest phone I've had to date. The OS is solid like the BB's. The G2 has the fly-out keyboard as well as the touch screen. It also has a trackpad if that's your thing. As much as I love BB, I'm not going back anytime soon. In fact I have decided to let my buyer's remorse run out, and I will be losing my $20 BB Unlimited grandfathered plan.

I use Gmail for my email, and it hits my phone as fast as BB ever did. THE ONLY THING I AM MISSING FROM BB is the battery life. That is the only thing really. On my 9700 I would be at 60-40% at the end of the day 1:00am or so. On my G2, I need to hit a charger at least sometime during the day, otherwise I'm sunk about 9:00pm or even earlier. Better than the iPhone, but since I need to charge at least once during the day, it's really a wash.

You can always get the G2 and if you don't like it, you can return it within 30 days on buyer's remorse. I seriously doubt it would be going back though.
    11-04-10 07:45 PM
    The battery doesn't sound too bad I'll probably get it since it's capable of doing more things thanwhat the blackberry can right now. Thanks forth feedback it yav me alot of insight About the phone.

11-05-10 07:08 PM
    The battery doesn't sound too bad I'll probably get it since it's capable of doing more things thanwhat the blackberry can right now. Thanks forth feedback it yav me alot of insight About the phone.

11-05-10 07:18 PM
    The battery life on my G2 is just slightly less than my 9700. For all the pluses of Android, I'd never go back to my 9700 if someone offered me $1,000,000! The hassles of dealing with the unreliability of the Blackberry OS (battery pulls, white screen of death, spinning clock of death, lack of a decent browser), I'll take the few shortcomings of my G2 anyday.
    11-05-10 07:27 PM
    That's also why I want an android, no freezing screens (that I know of), enough memory for apps and new features. My sister has an android based phone and she can do alot with it. Also, how's the speaker on the g2? I'll be going to the t-mobile store tomorrow and see how much it is and also play around with it a bit. All I really ambworried about is the battery life, call quality and hardware build quality, I want it to feel solid not as if it were about to break if I accidentally drop it.

11-05-10 09:28 PM
    I use my phone heavily now that I got the hang of it and get about 9 hours out of it (before i bought a new battery)... I went ahead and bought these chichitech 1800mah batteries made for the evo/dinc/touchpro hd and my batt life rose to about 13-14 hours with the same usage.

This phone is definitely waaaayy snappier than my 9700 and more capable (IMO).
    Last edited by ThaGeNeCySt; 11-05-10 at 10:30 PM.
    11-05-10 10:24 PM
    I just received my used droid today, and I can't keep my hands off of it! Battery life is really good, especially since I rooted it.
    11-05-10 10:51 PM
    Can anyone root the g2 yet? I heard it comes with alot of apps that t-mobile installed and they can't be deleted. Other than that the g2 sounds like a really good phone

11-06-10 08:15 AM
    Just bought my g2 and so far I'm liking it alot. The display is amazing compared to the blackberry bold that I had. The battery is ok but I can't really say anything since I haven't spent 1 day with it being fully charged. The browser is really fast apps are cool. Although I noticed that the widgets slow the phone down a bit which is why I won't use more than 2. Camera is way better than the bold's, so is the memory and the keyboard isn't as great as the blackberry's but takes about 5 minutes worth of typing to get used to it. The screen is get responsive in glad I made the change.

11-07-10 04:40 PM
    Glad to see you're letting yourself get adjusted. I know, it does take some time, but more importantly, a willingness to get used to it.
    11-07-10 05:11 PM
    Is there anyway to delete all emails instead of checking them all one by one?

11-08-10 02:10 PM
    I went from 8900 to cliq xt and after ten days I returned the cliq xt and went to vzw and got the incredible. The cliq prepared me for android and I'm loving it. I loved the 8900 but I really wanted a better browser and the incredible delivers. You will love the g2 more as you get used to it.

11-08-10 03:43 PM
    I use my phone heavily now that I got the hang of it and get about 9 hours out of it (before i bought a new battery)... I went ahead and bought these chichitech 1800mah batteries made for the evo/dinc/touchpro hd and my batt life rose to about 13-14 hours with the same usage.

This phone is definitely waaaayy snappier than my 9700 and more capable (IMO).
    Sorry to be off topic. I too bought the 1800 battery for my incredible and so far it isn't better than stock but I'll hold judgment until I cycle it a few more times.

11-08-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD