View Poll Results: Blackberry or Android ?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry all the way!

12 23.08%
  • Android for me!

31 59.62%
  • I use both!

8 15.38%
  • Whats Android?

1 1.92%
    I currently have a blackberry and a android device just want to see how many people are changing or switching?
    03-29-10 01:32 PM
    I switched to the droid after being a bb user for a long time, glad I did, until RIM steps it up I'm sticking with android for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-29-10 01:36 PM
    Currently, I only own a Blackberry, but plan on switching to an Android phone. I agree with SharpEye; RIM needs to do something drastic and until then, I will stay away from Blackberry.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-29-10 01:40 PM
    Kind of a pointless poll, since it is in the Android forums.
    03-29-10 01:44 PM
    Somewhat but I suspect that there are people here who are still BB and thinking of going Android. Nothing wrong with Blackberry. It works great but as many have stated, it's justgetting boring so we may very well see BB return to its roots, which is to say, pretty much a business only phone. My work phone is a Blackberry (see!)
    03-29-10 01:49 PM
    I'm currently using my old pos bb and I miss my droid so I think I may swing by the vzw store today to check out the droid or htc again.
    03-29-10 02:01 PM
    Not really lots of people on CB check out this forum. I am not bashing either device I own both just want to see what way the majority is leaning!
    03-29-10 02:02 PM
    I'm currently using my old pos bb and I miss my droid so I think I may swing by the vzw store today to check out the droid or htc again.
    Lol... i'm actually digging Android right now. Did you ever use Swype on it?

I voted both. I'm actually rock four: NexusOne, 9700, Pre & 3Gs.
    03-29-10 02:03 PM
    Lol... i'm actually digging Android right now. Did you ever use Swype on it?

I voted both. I'm actually rock four: NexusOne, 9700, Pre & 3Gs.
    Oh I miss the android so much it is killing me. No I never used Swype on it because my battery sucked so much it ticked me off and I took it back and now I'm sitting here missing that sucker. Oh what a life I live.
    03-29-10 02:05 PM
    Oh I miss the android so much it is killing me. No I never used Swype on it because my battery sucked so much it ticked me off and I took it back and now I'm sitting here missing that sucker. Oh what a life I live.
    Tell me about it. This is the reason I have so many phones. Each have awesome points about them.

I actually deleted Swype when I first installed it, then I actually read some of the manual and realized how to type. Getting better.

Battery isn't that bad for a screen with that much brightness (already being as large as it is), background processes and so many widgets and stuff. When I compare it to my 9700, it makes me sick to my stomach, but I'm not constantly on my 9700 like I am my Nexus.
    03-29-10 02:12 PM
    Tell me about it. This is the reason I have so many phones. Each have awesome points about them.

I actually deleted Swype when I first installed it, then I actually read some of the manual and realized how to type. Getting better.

Battery isn't that bad for a screen with that much brightness (already being as large as it is), background processes and so many widgets and stuff. When I compare it to my 9700, it makes me sick to my stomach, but I'm not constantly on my 9700 like I am my Nexus.
    You have a nexus?!
    I am jealous as all get out!
    But at this point I can't wait to see if it comes to vzw, I'm tired of this beat down blackberry that is never going to get any better. They are stuck in the stone age with the OS.
    03-29-10 02:16 PM
    With all this new technology I don't think any batterys are going to last unless the battery technology improves.
    03-29-10 02:19 PM
    With all this new technology I don't think any batterys are going to last unless the battery technology improves.
    Well I personally think I had a bad battery because it would charge over night or whatever and I would get up around 7:30am or so and wouldn't even begin to use my phone until about 8:30am or 9am and that sucker would be dying at 11am. That has bad battery written all over it.
    03-29-10 02:21 PM
    You have a nexus?!
    I am jealous as all get out!
    But at this point I can't wait to see if it comes to vzw, I'm tired of this beat down blackberry that is never going to get any better. They are stuck in the stone age with the OS.
    Word... I thought I would miss bbm, but GTalk has been my go-to client lately. I just need to get more buddies. Lmao.

Although I still have my berry, I think it'll be making love to my desk for some time now.

I actually think Apple has a trick up their sleeves for this. They already have this on their macbooks, I'm sure they've already been trying this out for the iPhone as well. Maybe with the new processor they have in the iPad!
    03-29-10 02:23 PM
    Blackberry all the way! HOWEVER I did just buy an Archos 5 with android on it.
    03-29-10 02:24 PM
    Blackberry all the way! HOWEVER I did just buy an Archos 5 with android on it.
    From the marketplace? I saw that if that was the one.
    03-29-10 02:32 PM
    Yea, the one that was in our market place The thing retails for 300, and easily goes for 200-275 on ebay, so when I was able to get him to do 200 shipped I went for it.
    03-29-10 03:11 PM
    Blackberry user, android admirer, used early android and it was very limited, but things have changed. Just ordered the Desire from TMob, hope the stock comes in wednesday.

This doesn't change how much I love my blackberry though.

03-29-10 03:19 PM
    If I had the choice, I would choose Android over Blackberry any day. Blackberrys are still pretty good devices though.

03-29-10 04:34 PM
    I think BB still has the business use edge over android but if they don't improve there OS android will win imo.
    03-29-10 08:43 PM
    Yea, the one that was in our market place The thing retails for 300, and easily goes for 200-275 on ebay, so when I was able to get him to do 200 shipped I went for it.
    I figured as much. Archos 7 is actually around the corner and it's for under $300.

Archos 7 Home Tablet up for pre-order, could ship first week of April -- Engadget
    03-29-10 09:27 PM
    Blackberry user, android admirer, used early android and it was very limited, but things have changed. Just ordered the Desire from TMob, hope the stock comes in wednesday.

This doesn't change how much I love my blackberry though.

When did TMO get the HTC Desire? Is it likely that AT&T will get it as well?

03-29-10 09:31 PM

T-Mobile got it recently if I remember correctly...we're still waiting/hoping (AT&T) :\
    edit: As ESN states below, it is for the UK so far, sorry. I guess I was wrong
    Last edited by Jonneh; 03-29-10 at 09:57 PM.
    03-29-10 09:37 PM

It only in the UK now not in the states.
    03-29-10 09:42 PM
    It only in the UK now not in the states.
    Thanks! I wondered if TMO got it in the States and by some chance I missed it. Guess that was too much to hope for. Hopefully AT&T will get it soon.

03-30-10 08:36 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD