I'm planin on buyin bionic,so I've been readin a lot of peoples view on it.Since I've never owned a moto,nor do I know anything about motoblur,nor do I know how to root a phone and all I've read is how bad blur is.Is there anybody out there who likes blur?Is really that bad,does it make ur phone really slow?Now remember,I'm comein from a tour(so u feel my pain)so anything is faster then what I have now. THXZ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 10:51 AM
    I've never used Blur..but yea..from what i've read it seems to slow the phone down (compared to other UI's). Whether or not that will be a problem with the Bionic remains to be seen though..seeing's how much power is under the hood. But coming from the Tour..i'm sure it wouldnt even be anything noticeable to you.

Everything's relative. You might not notice "lag" on something until you experience something without it. Example..after playing Angry Birds on my phone..and then helping a friend do some levels on his i4..i find his iphone "laggy" when playing the game. Is this something i would've noticed before? Probably not..but once you experience it without..you definately notice it when it happens.
    01-24-11 12:07 PM
    I've never used Blur..but yea..from what i've read it seems to slow the phone down (compared to other UI's). Whether or not that will be a problem with the Bionic remains to be seen though..seeing's how much power is under the hood. But coming from the Tour..i'm sure it wouldnt even be anything noticeable to you.

Everything's relative. You might not notice "lag" on something until you experience something without it. Example..after playing Angry Birds on my phone..and then helping a friend do some levels on his i4..i find his iphone "laggy" when playing the game. Is this something i would've noticed before? Probably not..but once you experience it without..you definately notice it when it happens.
    angry birds and lagging is a strange phenomenon. I have a touch, and many times when I play it, it hesitates a LOT. When it does that, I've tried shutting everything else down (on my "pseudo-multi-tasking touch). I've tried restarting the touch. Sometimes nothing works, EXCEPT, that if I close everything else down and simply play the game for a while, it will finally begin to play smoothly. It's crazy!!
    01-24-11 03:48 PM
    I'm planin on buyin bionic,so I've been readin a lot of peoples view on it.Since I've never owned a moto,nor do I know anything about motoblur,nor do I know how to root a phone and all I've read is how bad blur is.Is there anybody out there who likes blur?Is really that bad,does it make ur phone really slow?Now remember,I'm comein from a tour(so u feel my pain)so anything is faster then what I have now. THXZ

The Droid X has Moto Blur on it. Go to a VZW store and check it out for yourself. Blur doesnt bother me, but I like HTCs Sense UI more.

If you find that Moto Blur is not to your liking there are several third party launchers in the Android Marketplace that will change the look and feel of the phone to your liking.

Since you have never used Android before I would suggest you learn how the phone and OS works before worrying about rooting a phone. Root unlocks full access to the phone which can allow you to do wonderful things to bring out the full potential of the phone, or you can render it useless. Since rooting voids the warranty on the phone, if you brick it VZW and Motorolla will not replace it.
    Last edited by Chris2183; 01-25-11 at 06:04 AM.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-24-11 09:05 PM
    From what I've read, that's not really Blur on the Droid X... at least not the same motoblur that everyone DESPISES on other moto devices
    Last edited by ThaGeNeCySt; 01-24-11 at 09:17 PM.
    01-24-11 09:09 PM
    Yeah... DX doesn't have "true" Blur.
    01-24-11 09:17 PM
    Yeah... DX doesn't have "true" Blur.
    So what ur sayin is there's not a moto out here with true blur on it that I can play with 2 c if I like it?

01-25-11 04:55 AM
    So what ur sayin is there's not a moto out here with true blur on it that I can play with 2 c if I like it?

Motorola Devour has the original Moto Blur on it. Motorola has since tweaked it into what you see now on the Droid 2 and the Droid X.
    01-25-11 06:09 AM
    ^^^ I believe Chris is correct. A lot of people considered the original blur a travesty.
    01-25-11 07:19 AM
    I would think since Android is a more open platform than say iOS, one would be able to choose to run vanilla vs Moto blur, Sense, etc. Having said that i would agree with most and say from all the skins i like Sense the most.
    01-25-11 08:12 AM
    Ok,well ill go today and play with the droid x and 2 and c what its about.I do blieve that Sense is better,cos when I go to youtube and look at the thunderbot it looks really nice.Honestly the main reasons I choose bionic is-dual core,res,hdmi,-i say to myself-verizon 2yrs-get something that will at least not get old so fast-single core phones to me will get old really fast-if I'm gonna get locked down to 2yrs then get something that's movein toward the future!! Plz chime n!!

01-25-11 08:38 AM
    Ok,well ill go today and play with the droid x and 2 and c what its about.I do blieve that Sense is better,cos when I go to youtube and look at the thunderbot it looks really nice.Honestly the main reasons I choose bionic is-dual core,res,hdmi,-i say to myself-verizon 2yrs-get something that will at least not get old so fast-single core phones to me will get old really fast-if I'm gonna get locked down to 2yrs then get something that's movein toward the future!! Plz chime n!!

Why not go for the 1 year contract option? Android development is so fast i think two years is too long.
    01-25-11 09:57 AM
    Why not go for the 1 year contract option? Android development is so fast i think two years is too long.
    Xplain 2 me how the1yr works.

01-25-11 10:08 AM
    Xplain 2 me how the1yr works.

You'll pay more money for the phone, on average i think about 100 dollars and but instead of being locked down for 2 years, you'll be so for 1. At the 10 month mark you'll be able to upgrade to new device.
    01-25-11 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD