Overall as peoples new usage wears off and people go back to normal usage on their phones, battery usage will get better, that's just how it works.
    I keep reading this same comment on various forums, and have to disagree with everyone that thinks my use of the phone will actually decrease over time. LOL.

This isn't a toy. It's a computer. And, as I add more useful apps to my computer, I will use it more and more.

I wish you folks would stop assuming usage will drop.
    05-03-10 04:11 PM
    I like how you assume I figure this phone, not computer(debatable), is a toy. This tells me you have had your feelings hurt about some phone you have owned at some point in time. Maybe when you bought your first iPhone or Android device people calling it a toy offended you. I know this goes on a lot with die hard BB users from time to time. But don't assume you know everything.

Usage will drop. I'm know this from personal experience. There is a HUGE diffenece between adding new apps and using them under normal usage than there is from new usage. When I first picked up my Storm I was all about trying new games, apps, web surfing on it, even if I was on my computer, watching movies, streaming audio from various source, playing around getting Orb working on it etc etc etc. And of course everything you find you have to show how it does it to at least 1 if not more other people. Everytime you text to someone, or browse a site do you show it to 1 or 2 other people. Chances are that new bar code scanner app instead of using it for what it intended and then closing the app, phone in the pocket jump to the store, you had to scan at least 10 or maybe even 20 different things just to see if it worked. That's what I refer to as new usage. And this goes on with the voice searching and every other play pretty the phone has to offer.

Bottom line is the first month you have your device you are doing more useless, you'll probably never play with again type activities on your phone than what you will be 6 months from now. After a certain amount of time, of course that varies from person to person, you will find the apps that do what you want, you'll figure out what your phone can and can't do and you will just use your phone.

I use my phone to do everything, like most people with smart phones, and I'm all about trying out new apps etc on my phone, but the underlying tone is once the new wears off you simply don't use your phone, not necessarily as much, but not as heavy as you do the first few days/weeks you have it.

The end game here, this isn't an iPhone you can swap it out to a bigger battery if that is the issue. If you are worried your phone isn't lasting long enough swap the battery of get another phone. Or course how many of us aren't around a car or wall plug at some point mid day....sheesh.
    05-03-10 04:27 PM
    I was playing around with the Incredible today and one thing I can say is that the story about the camera being worse than the 3.2 that is is the Storm 2 is BS! That thing took some great looking pics, much better then what my Storm 2 can do.

BKVic
    05-03-10 04:30 PM
    This tells me you have had your feelings hurt
    No offense, bud . . . but I couldn't stop laughing after this sentence. Couldn't even read the rest . . . LOL'ing too hard. WTF? Hurt feelings? Over a phone?

"Mmm...sensitive...must be Italian."

Please, drop it. Don't respond with another thesis. I appreciate your input, though.
    05-03-10 04:31 PM
    No offense, bud . . . but I couldn't stop laughing after this sentence. Couldn't even read the rest . . . LOL'ing too hard. WTF? Hurt feelings? Over a phone?

"Mmm...sensitive...must be Italian."

Please, drop it. Don't respond with another thesis. I appreciate your input, though.

It's OK if you don't have a rebuttal. Obviously you read the rest of it and have no counter point.
    05-03-10 05:54 PM
    Bottom line is the first month you have your device you are doing more useless, you'll probably never play with again type activities on your phone than what you will be 6 months from now. After a certain amount of time, of course that varies from person to person, you will find the apps that do what you want, you'll figure out what your phone can and can't do and you will just use your phone.

I use my phone to do everything, like most people with smart phones, and I'm all about trying out new apps etc on my phone, but the underlying tone is once the new wears off you simply don't use your phone, not necessarily as much, but not as heavy as you do the first few days/weeks you have it.
    Sorry, but the fact you use a Storm, means you are stuck with the limitations of what minimal applications are released for BB. Now I can say this because I owned a Storm for a longer time (one year) than I ever did a Droid. In the few months that I have had a Droid, I have probably used more than double the time I ever did my Storm. Yes the phone itself will loose its wow factor, but that is where the always updating software, apps, and customizations will come in. The amount of customization and all the items that the Root community offers will pretty much keep you just as involved with your phone as you were at day one. How do I know this?; because I see people with their G1's (First ever Android Phone released in 2008) still having fun with their phone and customizing it daily.

This post is in no way meant to put you down, but is more of an encouragement from a former BB user, for you to try the waters and see how amazing these new high end Android phones are.
    Last edited by FrostMan; 05-03-10 at 07:06 PM.
    05-03-10 07:02 PM
    Sorry, but the fact you use a Storm, means you are stuck with the limitations of what minimal applications are released for BB. Now I can say this because I owned a Storm for a longer time (one year) than I ever did a Droid. In the few months that I have had a Droid, I have probably used more than double the time I ever did my Storm. Yes the phone itself will loose its wow factor, but that is where the always updating software, apps, and customizations will come in. The amount of customization and all the items that the Root community offers will pretty much keep you just as involved with your phone as you were at day one. How do I know this?; because I see people with their G1's (First ever Android Phone released in 2008) still having fun with their phone and customizing it daily.

This post is in no way meant to put you down, but is more of an encouragement from a former BB user, for you to try the waters and see how amazing these new high end Android phones are.
    Now that's a good reply, and I hope you're right. I want to love my new Incredible more than any phone I've had and I've had some really nice phones. I even loved my Storm up to a couple months ago and it started really showing it's age. I'll keep what you said in mind as I'm sure it will ring true here in short order!
    05-03-10 07:47 PM
    not gonna lie, didnt read all the threads.. but heres my 2cents..

phone is plain awesome..

my battery life is fine.. im not a super heavy user tho.. so it suites me fine.. im not sure ive had a phone where the camera was better than the INCs.

Here are my shots:

LOW Light looks fine to me:

Droid Incredible Low light photo Quality? - Page 2 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    05-04-10 05:10 PM
    Read all the threads and here's the bottom line. Battery life SUCKS! I've underwent most all the usual suspects for reducing loss as mentioned on multiple sites/forums. That said, I'm sticking with it with zero reservations. It's a beast of a phone. Super responsive, lightening fast and good for work and play.
    05-04-10 07:06 PM
    i have 70% battery left.. took it off charger at 6:30 AM, its now 5:30 PM .. just been texting and reading email.. was at work all day.. no calls ... i mainly text tho..
    05-04-10 07:37 PM
    As a semi-pro photographer, I just REALLY don't know why people criticizing the quality of a "cell phone camera" even it is a 8MP one. The low-light picture requires a hight-iso setup, besides with open-wide F number (< F2.0), fast shutter speed and fast lens. These things are impossible to do on the Incredible and other "camera phone"

The high megapixel is not the top on the list of a good photo. You need to have several good lenses and a decent DSLR camera, and the most important element is: your skill !!! And bounce flash etc........

To my eyes, the Incredible camera quality is really good in normal circumstances (don't ever compare its photo with the high-end camera photo) like taking some picture of my papers. Honestly, I rarely use cell phone camera!

Finally, I just want to say that: the Incredible camera is decent and producing good "popular" photo for regular consumer.
    05-04-10 09:02 PM
    I keep waiting to hear about the one problem with the Incredible that will just plain kill it, but nothing's come up yet. Oh, there are some glitches, like not taking stellar pictures in the dark, landscape mode not working for all apps, short battery life, yadda yadda. But nothing lurking in the dark that will nuke the device's reputation has come up, like the instability with Storm 1, or the muffled call clarity with the Tour.

And, I suspect, nothing will. By all accounts, the Incredible is a real keeper. You'd figure that the OS would be pretty stable by this time, since it's been spread across so many different phones. And you also figure that HTC has had lots of time to listen to their customers, so they know what features are really key, and they've worked diligently to make them work right.

But no biggies.

So, aside from the relatively marginal differences compared to other phones which support Android and maybe even Sense that might, for example, keep a Droid user from getting an Incredible, what are the issues that would make you return the Incredible in a fit of anger? I don't mean problems with the local VZW dealership. I mean problems with the device itself. What things irk you so much that you just can't WAIT to get rid of this stinkin' Incredible?

I would imagine the list is pretty short. My sense is that the Incredible is really a well thought out device that might possibly be a game changer.
    Umm as far as a deal breaker I would say 1. The battery, but I bought the extended17xx mAh for it and boom battery problem gone. So I would say none its a great device.
    05-04-10 09:59 PM
    Umm as far as a deal breaker I would say 1. The battery, but I bought the extended17xx mAh for it and boom battery problem gone. So I would say none its a great device.
    is the ext battery that worthy?? sounds like your promoting it.. maybe ill give it a shot .. but today, i did not run into any frustration..
    05-04-10 10:25 PM
    is the ext battery that worthy?? sounds like your promoting it.. maybe ill give it a shot .. but today, i did not run into any frustration..
    Personally with my car charger I was good to go I didn't need it, but the added life and peace of mind was surely worth it. I get a good10 hours before need a recharge now on somewhat heavy use. Mind you all I do is answer emails, write up an edit some docs on docs to go and browse when out if the office, n of course use the gps n talk to text when in DC.
    05-04-10 10:45 PM
    return rates are pretty high for the Incredible right now. I was just at Verizon and there were 2 guys waiting in line to return them! yikes!
    LOL, well you don't know why this was. And two returned phones does not make a high return rate.
    05-05-10 03:03 AM
    people need to stop complaining about battery life. Honestly , there is not a time that most of us , if not all are not by a computer or a charger at any give time. We cant expect better graphics and faster processors and bigger screens and then complain about the battery life. the incredible is an amazing device, battery life for now day devices is pretty standard.
    Amen! That's what I've been telling people. :-)
    05-05-10 03:10 AM
    i havent seen any reports of hotness like that. Sure the device might get warm when charging or under heavy use....so does every other phone though
    It does get unusually warm when you use it while charging -- what do you expect woth a 1Ggz processor? -- but not to the point of burning. If someone has experienced that then they have a defective phone or battery.
    05-05-10 03:12 AM
    return rates are pretty high for the Incredible right now. I was just at Verizon and there were 2 guys waiting in line to return them! yikes!
    This constitutes a high return rate hahahaha. Good one mj
    05-05-10 05:14 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD