watch the youtube demo and see how this thing flies. the docking station is also ftw. looks like this phone will be a real winnar...

10-23-09 02:30 PM
    The Slider mechanism is a bit cheesy to me. But some people rather a tactile keyboard than the virtual of the superior S2.

The Droid is a very capable phone with blazing web browse I will definitely give it that.

Doesnt look so bad either.
    10-23-09 02:56 PM
    crackzilla, what are you basing your statement on that the S2 is superior? In what way?
    10-23-09 03:02 PM
    Just played with the Droid. The screen is very nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about the keyboard. I've never been a huge fan of slider phones, but the Droid feels really nice. Feels nice and thick, very well built. Actually had to use a good deal of force to slide the screen out. I like its big screen a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd ever leave a BlackBerry for Android again. Learned my lesson last year when I went to a G1 for a few months.

The phone itself is one sexy gadget though. I'm a huge fan of the screen. I didn't get too much time with it, so I can't say much about Android V2. But non-Gmail push email accounts is a deal breaker for me. November 6th though. I'm anxious to see how well it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 03:17 PM
    I'm basing it on my opinion after playing with both phones. You have the right to my opinion.
    10-23-09 03:33 PM
    I like the fact that it will have a led indicator like the bb. And dam did u see what that dock does +2 for Droid.

10-23-09 05:22 PM
    I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to find answered anywhere. Hopefully one of you guys has seen these answered somewhere.

Anyone know if this will push Zimbra mail? What kind of Facebook app does this have; does it have push notifications?

Less important, but does this thing have an entirely unified message box like a blackberry?

Thanks guys.
    10-23-09 06:32 PM
    I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to find answered anywhere. Hopefully one of you guys has seen these answered somewhere.

Anyone know if this will push Zimbra mail? What kind of Facebook app does this have; does it have push notifications?

Less important, but does this thing have an entirely unified message box like a blackberry?

Thanks guys.
    a unified inbox is mentioned in the droid preview.
    10-23-09 06:40 PM
    a unified inbox is mentioned in the droid preview.
    It says there's a unified email inbox. I wasn't sure if that included SMS/Facebook/Gtalk/other third party apps.
    10-23-09 06:44 PM
    Google Voice obviously works flawlessly (we�re not sure why it wouldn�t, unless you�re talking about the animal sacrifices Verizon makes to disable GPS on the phone�) and the phone application is quick! That�s probably what we love most about it� number dialed. Call connected. Have a nice day.
    Does this mean that Verizon in there infinite wisdom disabled the GPS on this phone?
    10-23-09 07:00 PM
    Does this mean that Verizon in there infinite wisdom disabled the GPS on this phone?
    No. BGR is making a joke there- They are saying the version they have has unlocked GPS, and it should stay that way for the final version unless Big Red changes their mind. Verizon is known for disabling GPS in their phones, but that seems to be going away now.
    10-23-09 07:28 PM
    BGR was kidding about the GPS...he later posted that on his preview of the phone..
    From BGR:
    "P.P.S. I just want to add that this is a Google Experience phone, and my line about Verizon and GPS was a joke. Verizon hasn’t and won’t touch or control any functionality on the Droid. GPS is 100% open, there’s Wi-Fi, Android Market, etc."
    10-23-09 07:39 PM
    watch the youtube demo and see how this thing flies. the docking station is also ftw. looks like this phone will be a real winnar...

That screen is great
    10-23-09 08:08 PM
    The keyboard looks hard to type on. I have to try it out and see for myself. Everything else looks great though.

10-23-09 08:44 PM
    Did u see how small the storm screen was next to the Droid. OMG

10-23-09 08:59 PM
    No. BGR is making a joke there- They are saying the version they have has unlocked GPS, and it should stay that way for the final version unless Big Red changes their mind. Verizon is known for disabling GPS in their phones, but that seems to be going away now.
    BGR was kidding about the GPS...he later posted that on his preview of the phone..
    From BGR:
    "P.P.S. I just want to add that this is a Google Experience phone, and my line about Verizon and GPS was a joke. Verizon hasn�t and won�t touch or control any functionality on the Droid. GPS is 100% open, there�s Wi-Fi, Android Market, etc."
    Ok cool thanks! I was sweating that.
    10-23-09 09:02 PM
    The keyboard looks hard to type on. I have to try it out and see for myself. Everything else looks great though.

I found it to be quite simple. It'd take a bit of adjusting, but the keys were rather big, well spaced, and very responsive.
    10-23-09 10:05 PM
    I'm thinking about selling my storm and getting the driod. And if I don't like the keyboard I can always use the touchscreen.
    10-23-09 10:48 PM
    Did u see how small the storm screen was next to the Droid. OMG

It's bigger than the iPhone too. I am impressed. (I'm also a long-time Apple user, so this is cool to me. But I'm not a fanboy by any means) So... With that said, I have my flame-retardant suit on.
    10-23-09 11:18 PM
    Does the amount of colors displayed make that much of a difference to the display quality.
    65k as opposed to 16mil.
    10-24-09 09:31 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD