What is the best droid on the market for ATT right now? There isnt a whole lot out there so I was wanting to get some opinions. I am stuck with ATT and have been using my wifes Incredible every chance I get. I also got to play with the Evo which my buddy has and that thing is nice.

Is there any droid up and coming that might be available for ATT?

Thanks.
    09-22-10 11:55 AM
    Captivate.
    09-22-10 12:04 PM
    Captivate.
    09-22-10 12:23 PM
    1) nexus one, if you can get your hands on one. they do have an ATT HSPA version floating around out there
    2) captive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 01:22 PM
    Are there any droids up and coming that might get to ATT?
    09-22-10 01:39 PM
    Are there any droids up and coming that might get to ATT?
    Upcoming AT&T phones (Phone Arena)

looks like the Desire, Kobe, Chindi, MotoSplit, and Bravo

09-22-10 01:41 PM
    The Captivate is pretty sweet
    09-22-10 01:46 PM
    Captivate.

Of coarse you can try to buy a 2nd hand Nexus One on ebay or whatnot, but the tiny amount of internal memory is pretty annoying; even if rooted and have given yourself the ability to move a lot of items to the SD card, its still way to small since anything requiring a widget or constant connections (like beejive ect) that you want on internal memory will take it up pretty quickly. Still trying to figure out why they ever decided to release it with such a small amount of internal memory.

The captivate has a better screen, better overall performance, more internal memory ect. Just root and stick Vanilla android on it if you desire.
    09-22-10 02:04 PM
    Captivate.

Of coarse you can try to buy a 2nd hand Nexus One on ebay or whatnot, but the tiny amount of internal memory is pretty annoying; even if rooted and have given yourself the ability to move a lot of items to the SD card, its still way to small since anything requiring a widget or constant connections (like beejive ect) that you want on internal memory will take it up pretty quickly. Still trying to figure out why they ever decided to release it with such a small amount of internal memory.

The captivate has a better screen, better overall performance, more internal memory ect. Just root and stick Vanilla android on it if you desire.

1a) Samsung has released two previous Android devices that have yet to see updates. I really don't think i'd plan on them updating the Galaxy line. Esp when Gingerbread comes out. But that is just planning for the future based on the past.
    1b) The Nexus One is supported and operated by Google and Google alone. Sure HTC built the phone, but all the software updates come from Google. And the Developer ROM builders will continue to build ROMs for the Sexy Nexy until the software requirements exceed the hardware that is in the phone.

2a) Samsungs Super AMOLED screens are in short supply, if you should crack/break/damage the screen you may be FUBARd and required to get a different device.
    2b) the Sexy Nexy's screen is among the best that are out there, true, clean, and with very little flaw. and replaceable... and they will be there when you need them.

3a) the applications memory isn't a problem with rooted devices you can use Apps2SD or Apps2Ext and with a class 6 card you'll be pushing the hardware to transfer the data that quickly.
    3b) sure the samsung has about 7 gigs of usable memory built in, but really. who will use all of that on applications alone

4a) the skins that Samsung has put on the various Galaxy models will prevent some builders from messing with them. Cliq/Dext, Cliq XT/Quench and Cyanogen(mod) ring a bell?
    4b) once again you can get as n3rdi as you want with the Sexy Nexy and have nothing to worry about, as long as you follow directions.

09-22-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD