Has anyone gotten the bb insurance? Since I did a price match with Sears for 149.99 the bb insurance price dropped from 9.99 to 6.99 which is a Buck cheaper than my vzw ins. Unlike vzw it has no deductible, unlimited claims and covers ALL damage, including water and getting run over, just no lost or stolen coverage. Plus they give you a loner phone if u need a repair...anyone know if its worth it to drop my vzw ins and get this instead?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 07:31 AM
    I would stick with verizon. If something does happen to your phone, Asuron (I think thats the insurance company that Verizon uses) will overnight a new phone to you for $50.

With BB, they will give you a dumbphone loaner while they send your phone to be worked on for 2-4 weeks.
    11-09-09 07:49 AM
    true. do they cover EVERYTHING though, like wear and teach and accidental damage? i can't remember.
    11-09-09 08:36 AM
    I don't know if they cover normal wear and tear like the BB insurance. But like I said if you take it BB they are going to send it away for 2-4 weeks to try and repair it first.
    11-09-09 08:45 AM
    Asuron (I think thats the insurance company that Verizon uses) will overnight a new phone to you for $50.
    they will send you a refurbished phone, only will send new if they dont have any refurbs left. Best Buy will give you a brand new phone if they cannot fix your old one.
    11-09-09 10:00 AM
    they will send you a refurbished phone, only will send new if they dont have any refurbs left. Best Buy will give you a brand new phone if they cannot fix your old one.
    yep, that's part of the No Lemon policy...the lady said pretty much as long as it doesn't come to them in dust particles they'll fix or replace it. even if it's in pieces they'll replace it.

still can't decide...
    11-09-09 12:57 PM
    Well, if you break it just tell them you lost it. That gets around them trying to fix it.
    11-09-09 04:31 PM
    Best Buy doesn't cover lost or stolen, they only cover physical damage.

Well, if you break it just tell them you lost it. That gets around them trying to fix it.
    11-09-09 05:49 PM
    I don't think Vzn covers water damage. That's what most people do to their phones.
    11-09-09 05:59 PM
    Yeah I work for best buy mobile and the black tie is worth it if you are good about holding onto your phone. If you break phones a lot, are accident prone, or just have stupid friends then it would be worth it. I have it on my droid and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    11-09-09 06:01 PM
    I would stick with verizon. If something does happen to your phone, Asuron (I think thats the insurance company that Verizon uses) will overnight a new phone to you for $50.

With BB, they will give you a dumbphone loaner while they send your phone to be worked on for 2-4 weeks.
    As an FYI, it's $89 for a smartphone, not $50. That's what I was told by the CSR I spoke with on Friday when asked if I wanted the insurance.
    11-09-09 06:31 PM
    Yeah I work for best buy mobile and the black tie is worth it if you are good about holding onto your phone. If you break phones a lot, are accident prone, or just have stupid friends then it would be worth it. I have it on my droid and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    that's my only thought...knock on wood, i haven't lost any phones, but i've had bad bouts of water damage and driving OVER phones or them being left on the hood and them falling off...plus i have kids, anything can happen with them, i won't lose it, but i could get playdoh stuck in the usb or a popcicle melted on top of it.

i'm thinking i might do it!... i think...
    11-09-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD