I've been looking around at the different Android/Droid forums out there and trying to decide which one I should be spending my time in. Anyone found a really great forum? Anyone planning to stick it out here at CB in the Adroid forum?
    11-05-09 09:40 AM
    droidforums.net seems to be the best
    11-05-09 09:43 AM
    This is the best one right now, that will change though once all the new android handsets are out. Try driodforums.net and phandroid.com those seem to be the 2 with the most active people in them. The android central that's a partner with crackberry is pretty much dead, hopefully it will get better though.
    11-05-09 09:43 AM
    11-05-09 09:44 AM
    Thanks guys, I'll check them out but I'm sure I won't be able to stay completely away from CB - I've spent too much time here over the last year.
    11-05-09 09:47 AM
    droidforums.net seems to be the best
    +1 Great forum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 10:04 AM
    its harder to leave CB then to leave my storm...
    11-05-09 10:48 AM
    the xda forums have some activity. It's broken down by phone but I think there's a lot to be gleaned for Android in general.

Dream - xda-developers
    11-05-09 10:50 AM
    its harder to leave CB then to leave my storm...
    suck it up moosc...change is good : )
    11-05-09 10:50 AM
    Just signed on at DroidForums.net - Cereal Killer seems to like it, I'll check it out later.
    Ooo, Hey - they have gallerys... sweet.

Nice SMS Challenger.
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 11-05-09 at 11:01 AM.
    11-05-09 10:58 AM
    Hofo has some stuff too. Sounds like I need to check out droidforums.net.
    11-05-09 11:53 AM
    Any more thoughts on this? I've been using Android exclusively since July 2010 and I still can't figure out which Android forum/site is the closest thing to Crackberry in terms of quality and posters, if this is even possible.
    02-01-11 10:15 AM
    There really isn't a leader like CB is for BB's. AndroidCentral is good, Androidforums are good, depends on your device. XDA-Developers is great also, but has more emphasis on rooting, rom development, etc., as the name implies. For me as a Droid Pro owner, the only forum that gets any attention is droidforums.net and they have a good forum app as well.
    02-01-11 11:01 AM
    I go to androidforums.com, androidcentral.com xda-developers.com and here.
    02-01-11 11:27 AM
    I switched to Android Central since it's part of the CrackBerry site. And they have a mobile site that I can browse on my BlackBerry.

There's one Android site that I want to register for but you have to watch a video and answer a security question. The BlackBerry doesn't load or play it! Ugh.

02-01-11 12:16 PM
    I switched to Android Central since it's part of the CrackBerry site. And they have a mobile site that I can browse on my BlackBerry.

There's one Android site that I want to register for but you have to watch a video and answer a security question. The BlackBerry doesn't load or play it! Ugh.

Ha ha, so funny! In no particular order:
    Droid Forums
    Android Central
    My Droid World
    XDA Forums
    Blogs: DroidLife!
    02-01-11 12:18 PM
    android central is a tightly run ship. i like it (so far). haven't really spent any recent time on the others, so I don't have much to compare to.
    02-01-11 02:35 PM
    I've visited some other sites..but CB is still by far my favorite..I think partly because of the arguing and whatnot that goes on lol. It's like a soap opera..gotta check in every day to see who's fighting with who etc. But most importantly I like the discussions about other platforms and whatnot..whereas some of the other ones it's more of a singular focus..although i'm sure alot of CB members would prefer it to be that way here too lol.
    02-01-11 03:08 PM
    I agree! I like AC because it's all Android talk. They don't really talk, or care, about other platforms it seems. That's nice when I want to really get into Android.

CrackBerry is fun for the discussions and comparisons. The drama is funny sometimes too if there's nothing good on TV.

02-01-11 03:17 PM
    I agree! I like AC because it's all Android talk. They don't really talk, or care, about other platforms it seems. That's nice when I want to really get into Android.

CrackBerry is fun for the discussions and comparisons. The drama is funny sometimes too if there's nothing good on TV.

Yup. Plus, for me, the quick removal of rude, inflammatory posts is a welcome change. People should have their internet access permanently revoked when their behavior sinks to some of the lows I've witnessed.
    02-01-11 05:41 PM
    I've visited some other sites..but CB is still by far my favorite..I think partly because of the arguing and whatnot that goes on lol. It's like a soap opera..gotta check in every day to see who's fighting with who etc. But most importantly I like the discussions about other platforms and whatnot..whereas some of the other ones it's more of a singular focus..although i'm sure alot of CB members would prefer it to be that way here too lol.
    thats because there is no need to discuss a BB on an android site, no one ever would think about going back lmao
    02-01-11 05:50 PM
    Thanks for sites guys. I will use them as I'm trying to learn as much as possible about Android. Switching from BlackBerry to Droid.

02-02-11 08:43 AM
    I frequent Android Central, as well as CrackBerry. There is a good group of post-BB users in this forum who are quite helpful to those making the switch to Android.

Android Central is pretty good. It doesn't have the amount of traffic that CrackBerry does, and the Introduction forum is filled with lots of people who changed over from BlackBerry. The AC group is quite knowledgeable.
    02-02-11 04:12 PM

I listen to Android Central's weekly live podcast, Thursdays at 9PM EST, Phil and crew give a lot of useful information and report on weekly happenings on all things Android. You might want to check it out.
    Last edited by JD914; 02-02-11 at 10:00 PM.
    02-02-11 05:37 PM
    I will! Thanks!

02-02-11 08:26 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD