My wife got an LG Ally a couple months ago. The one thing she complains about is the LED on the phone. She keeps the phone next to the bed and the LED turns white when she receives e-mails over night. The LED is very bright. Is there a setting or an app with works similar to the BlackBerry bedside mode where the LED will not turn on when e-mails or text messages come in overnight? She still wants it to ring if phone calls come through.

Thanks
    02-15-11 12:10 PM
    Turn the phone over. Isn't the speaker for the phone ringer on the back of the phone anyway?
    02-15-11 03:26 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion but my wife uses her phone for an alarm clock so she wants to be able to see the clock.

I've founds lots of apps that will disable audible notifications but none that will disable the LED.
    02-15-11 03:56 PM
    We've used Bedside on our devices for this same reason.

https://market.android.com/details?i...rd.bedsidepro2

Great app and developer is very hands on.
    02-15-11 04:40 PM
    Ok, I'll have her give Bedside a try. I did see this app but reading the description I could not tell if it disabled the LED.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 07:13 PM
    Instead of making a new thread. Just wanted to know the best app that initiated beside mode. I don't care about the screen/LED. I have a galaxy SII (coming tomorrow!!) I just need the app that turns the phone on silent mode when I plug it in.

Any options?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-01-12 11:42 AM
    I just read on another forums that Beside app seems to be a winner. will download.
    03-01-12 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD