Yea..i'd suggest getting to know your device for a bit before rooting. Once you get familiar with how Android works and more comfortable..be sure to do your research into rooting. I'm really glad I did..but I also did alot of homework before doing it.

LauncherPro is great because it allows for so much customizing (as do other launchers) without the need for root (as well as gives you the option to "hide" unwanted icons if I remember correctly). As well..I love the fact I can also have a "swipe" option on my dock icons. So not only can I have my Phone, Contacts, Apps, Messaging, and Browser icon..i can also assign a different function to each one (tap phone to open phone, or swipe phone to open emails...tap Messaging to open SMS, swipe to open Whatsapp)! That is one feature I truly missed when I tried using ADW for a launcher.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 02-06-11 at 11:02 AM.
    Lovewalk218 and Kathy145 like this.
    02-06-11 10:56 AM
    ok gotcha, I'm thinking of just purchasing the launcher pro plus and only using that one instead.
    02-06-11 12:43 PM
    ok gotcha, I'm thinking of just purchasing the launcher pro plus and only using that one instead.
    When you decide which launcher to use, go back to the other launchers (including the stock home launcher) and dump all of the icons and widgets in the trash can so that they won't be running. In the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 01:10 PM
    When you decide which launcher to use, go back to the other launchers (including the stock home launcher) and dump all of the icons and widgets in the trash can so that they won't be running. In the background.

ok, and uninstall adw launcher thru the manage apps menu? or just trash everything? Do you know how to change icons with LPP like ADW allows?
    02-06-11 02:23 PM
    ok, and uninstall adw launcher thru the manage apps menu? or just trash everything? Do you know how to change icons with LPP like ADW allows?
    You can keep as many launchers as want installed, just make sure that if you're not using them that you remove (clear) the widgets from them so tgaat they are not running in the background.

If you don't plan on using a particular launcher, then yes, you can delete it from your apps. You can always add it back later if you want as the market will keep track of your paid apps (free ones too) .

02-06-11 02:53 PM
    As far as changing the look of the icons, I haven't found many themes for Launcher Pro. however, if you'll search for icons (I found quite a few on XDA developers) (link from android central), you can save the ones you like to your gallery. Then long press an icon and you will have the option to change the icons appearance and you can select an image from the gallery.

Lovewalk218 likes this.
    02-06-11 03:01 PM
    I downloaded it last night too. You will have to set up your location for it to show your city . Click on the BW icon and Super Clock Settings and you can choose how you want the clock to appear. Do the same with the others and the Home Settings is where you will select your city. I am using Google weather to determine my city

then the skins are below . Very cool app
    Lovewalk218 likes this.
    02-07-11 07:16 PM
    Make sure you also downloaded the BW animation pack (under neath the BW icon in the market
    the US charge for the app is 2.03
    Lovewalk218 likes this.
    02-07-11 07:20 PM
    well I deleted it. I was all over the valley today and it never switched out from home area. what a waste of 2 bucks, other than that is very cool, but it doesn't acknowledge where you are.
    02-08-11 03:16 PM
    what is your update setting for? i have mine for 1 hour and it always updates. Also make sure you location is set to "geolocation." and switch between accuweather and google for the source. something probably is not checked
    02-08-11 04:45 PM
    it won't work on accuweather
    02-08-11 09:07 PM
    will try it again
    02-08-11 09:11 PM
    I check geolocation and have to choose either google or accweather. everything is checked and it also will not now show current city.
    02-08-11 09:50 PM
    what does it show?
    02-08-11 09:59 PM
    says Arizona only The HTC widget will change locations when I am in my car.

The Beautiful widget won't change and I reinstalled it and it now is only saying Arizona as well !
    02-08-11 10:27 PM
    i know sometimes it can be iffy. I had it happen 2-3 times where it gets off with the location. The temp is correct but the name is wrong. does it say arizona for both accuweather and google?
    02-08-11 10:29 PM
    Yes and I can't have both together it is one or the other and the geolocation only works with one of them. and right now can't remember which LOL

But this is weird that it is doing it with the beautiful widget as well now. I had the beautiful widget set all day today and it wasn't updating when I was in Phoenix or Scottsdale. I tried to refresh it and it wouldn't budge. stayed on my local city
    02-08-11 10:37 PM
    and now the BW also says Arizona !
    02-08-11 10:38 PM
    Does it do that with your GPS radio toggled?
    02-08-11 11:00 PM
    when I first got the phone it worked PERFECT this started acting up last week
    Now I have downloaded the BW and it is also doing the same thing.
    I am waiting on a replacement but Verizon is out of stock on the INC replacements.
    They rarely have them ...

It does it with the GPS on
    02-08-11 11:14 PM
    Does anyone know if you can use the skins from berryweather for beautiful widgets?

03-20-11 11:26 AM
    no you cant, there are completely different programs
    03-20-11 11:33 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD