Some of these may be dumb, but I think there are a lot of people wondering the same thing. Maybe this topic could be pinned?

1. I currently use Outook for contacts, tasks, calendar, and email.
    I hear that with the Droids/Google you must now sync to the "cloud" IE: google and I get the advantages of it BUT

Is there a way to sync or connect Outlook to my Gmail account? Must I now use my Gmail account to manage all the stuff I am using Outlook for?

2. My current Email address is an "@sbcglobal.net" and is my business email address in use by hundreds of clients and businesses, business cards, letterhead websites etc.. I really don't want to change it but I have heard that the Droids only sync to google, which means I have to use my Gmail account instead? I love the pushed email of my Storm via the BIZ and do not want to have log in to webmail on the X to check my email.

How is this addressed with the Droids? I really want to get the new X but I have too much data I cannot lose or even alter in Outlook (or care to relearn how to get it all into google- and back if the Droid explodes or gets destroyed and I have to go back to the Storm)

I was told somewhere that "Syncing is so yesterday" which is nice, as long as it does everything my BB does (only better hopefully).

Maybe someone could post a How to convert from BB to Android for business users instruction manual somewhere!
    07-15-10 11:49 PM
    I'm sure you can do it. I dabbled with Outlook for a bit with my Eris a couple of months ago and had everything synced up. I don't know how or why I needed Outlook but all my calendar, contacts, e-mails and what not just worked just fine. If you can't figure out how to sync up with Outlook, I suggest syncing all your Outlook stuff to you BB and getting Google Sync and sync all your stuff to the Google "cloud". Also if your company has Exchange then just sync through Exchange.
    07-16-10 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD