Was having major battery drain since I bought the phone on release day.. Turned off facebook sync and google sync... Boom over double the battery life. I was at 60% after 8 hours of hardly any use and now I am at 60% after 24 hours and having IM running in the background (meebo)!

Try it! I know google sync is nice, but not if it destroys battery life. I just manually check it
    11-14-09 05:34 PM
    My battery life is great and I leave sync on. I have the GPS/wi-fi/bluetooth turned off and the screen in the middle brightness setting.
    11-14-09 05:39 PM
    Mine was horrible... maybe its just facebook sync then? Do you have that by chance?
    11-14-09 05:46 PM
    I have just sync gmail and do NOT have FB synced. I get great batery life
    11-14-09 05:48 PM
    Ok maybe that was it then... Ill try that tomorrow.
    11-14-09 06:06 PM
    How do you change the sync setting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 06:16 PM
    I sync everything, leave my GPS running with Google Maps Latitude checking my position and my battery is only down to 30% by the time I charge it at night.
    11-14-09 06:23 PM
    How do you change the sync setting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    settings/accounts and sync
    11-14-09 07:25 PM
    Was having major battery drain since I bought the phone on release day.. Turned off facebook sync and google sync... Boom over double the battery life. I was at 60% after 8 hours of hardly any use and now I am at 60% after 24 hours and having IM running in the background (meebo)!

Try it! I know google sync is nice, but not if it destroys battery life. I just manually check it
    Thats interesting, I get great battery life with all sync options on but when I use Meebo I get poor battery life.
    11-14-09 11:43 PM
    Im testing facebook Sync battery life today so well see how that works... I have Google on FB off. Half way throught he day ill get an idea if that was it or not, and ill throw meebo on for the rest of the day
    11-15-09 08:24 AM
    I have great battery life and I leave both on. I DO however, make sure to close apps when I'm done using them using the task manager app
    11-15-09 09:14 AM
    I have great battery life and I leave both on. I DO however, make sure to close apps when I'm done using them using the task manager app
    Define great battery life? You are leaving that all up to personal opinion rather than numbers. Also, closing apps wont save battery... thats not how droids OS works. Apps lie dormant when you close them, draining nothing unless they are background network requiring apps.
    11-15-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD