Have you all seen these adverts and/or billboards?

Bare-knuckled bucket of does

That is some copy : )

Saw one near LAX this morning

Pretty much sums up this bad boy
    11-12-09 09:45 AM
    That's currently the default wallpaper being pushed to all employee computers.
    11-12-09 09:49 AM
    VZW is really going after the male crowd with this marketing campaign. The commercials and ads are pretty tight......

I'm trying to find this video described below

Verizon has been going after the iPhone in its ad campaigns as if Apple’s smartphone spit in its Cornflakes. A new ad for the just released Droid pits monochrome axle-greased toughness against colorful blinged out iPhone cases, insinuating that the carrier’s first Android phone isn’t “wussy” like that other smartphone.

In fact, the Droid is not a smartphone at all. It’s a robot phone. Because a robot “is a thing that does.” Need a hole punched through a steel wall? Need a rock crushed? The Droid, apparently, does that

In the new ad released today, the iPhone is portrayed as the “semi-functional, giggling-brat-vanity” to the Droid’s “bare-knuckled bucket of does.” The ad continues an earlier marketing theme in which “Droid Does” is the slogan denoting how no-nonsense and functional the device is, culminating in the over-the-top hyperbole in this ad about hole-punching and rock crushing. We’re almost surprised there’s no “don’t try this at home” small print disclaimer somewhere in there.
    Last edited by cereal killer; 11-12-09 at 10:35 AM.
    11-12-09 10:32 AM
    Gonna have to teach you my tricks of searching YouTube, my friend. I DOES know how to do that.

And here's another new one.

And another one!

11-12-09 10:53 AM
    Kingzee comes through yet again : )
    11-12-09 10:57 AM
    Yes, I sure DOES! LOL!
    11-12-09 10:59 AM
    Forward Exchange email with attachments

Search Exchange email and calendar

Attach documents and spreadsheets to Exchange emails

Go from your pocket to call connected with 3 presses or less

Everything Droid doesn't

BlackBerry does.

LOL!
    11-12-09 12:21 PM

Everything Droid doesn't

BlackBerry does.

LOL!
    The exchange stuff does need to be worked out, I admit that. I have confindence it will be worked out soon.

With regards to the pocket to call connected, that is done in an easy three presses...everytime.

Press the top button to wake up the phone, swipe left to unlock, tap voice microphone and say "call eight o one five five five two two two two", or "Call Bob Johnson", etc...

I even counted the swipe as a press =)
    11-12-09 12:27 PM

Everything Droid doesn't

BlackBerry does.

LOL!
    So 3 half baked functions a BlackBerry does that Droid doesn't? For an OS that's barely over a year old, and already competing for top spot in the mobile phone market, I'd say that's quite impressive. E-mail aside, BlackBerry offers absolutely no benefit over Android. My Droid is 10x the phone my Tour was.
    11-12-09 12:30 PM
    This one is quite funny:

11-12-09 12:38 PM
    The exchange stuff does need to be worked out, I admit that. I have confindence it will be worked out soon.

With regards to the pocket to call connected, that is done in an easy three presses...everytime.

Press the top button to wake up the phone, swipe left to unlock, tap voice microphone and say "call eight o one five five five two two two two", or "Call Bob Johnson", etc...

I even counted the swipe as a press =)
    If you're going to include Voice Dialing, then it's only 2 button presses on the BB. Or 1 if I'm using Bluetooth. Oh, yeah. The Droid doesn't do that, either....
    11-12-09 02:15 PM
    Civic,

So your point is that for less money, you get less capabilities? Uhh, good one, I guess.

If you don't want/need the extra capabilities that the BB gives you, then you'll probably enjoy your Droid. I want and use all those capabilities that I mentioned earlier, so until Droid CAN do them, I am stuck paying more to get more...

But, you sound kind of ridiculous when you respond to a list of things the Android can't do that any BB can and you describe RIM as "years in the past in terms of integrated usability". Forward an email preserving an attachment? BB? Yes. Droid? No. WHO is years in the past here? (and yes, I'm talking strictly about within the context of someone who wants OTA sync of email, contacts, and calendar from a reliable vendor with guaranteed levels of service)
    11-12-09 02:23 PM

Everything Droid doesn't

BlackBerry does.

LOL!
    That include daily battery pulls, lag, etc.?
    11-12-09 02:39 PM
    Why everyone still going back and forth? The Droid can crush rocks and punch holes through steel walls.

I'm a big fan of destroying things.

It's a damn BARE-KNUCKLED BUCKET OF DOES......

Check it out for yourself

11-12-09 02:55 PM

Everything Droid doesn't

BlackBerry does.

LOL!
    Droid don't truncate emails
    11-12-09 03:42 PM
    That include daily battery pulls, lag, etc.?
    That part of the Storm experience *does* suck, there's no doubt.

But, I'll put up with it if that's what I have to do to be able to do a Search for an email I already deleted and now realize I need to refer back to for something... or forward an email that has a document attached....
    11-12-09 03:49 PM
    so basically the storm or any bb for that matter is good for email and thats about it oh yea almost forgot i can make calls too but thats about it
    Last edited by johnny9374; 11-12-09 at 04:05 PM.
    11-12-09 03:59 PM
    so basically the storm or any bb for that matter is good for email and thats about it oh yea almost forgot i can make calls too but thats about it
    Pretty much.

As far as smartphones go, they're still at least five years behind everyone else.
    11-12-09 04:09 PM
    lmao yea ive noticed that and the storm was my first smart phone and after having it a year im ready for something different which is why i ordered the eris which will be here tomorrow and i highly doubt i will ever own a bb again
    11-12-09 04:16 PM
    These Storm guys are playing baseball with a rubber bat in here.

Next thing you know the LG Voyager crowd will start showing up talking smack.
    11-12-09 04:17 PM
    um ok? not gonna be a storm guy too much longer i cant stand this thing anymore and because i still own the thing i cant post here?
    11-12-09 04:26 PM
    Civic,

So your point is that for less money, you get less capabilities? Uhh, good one, I guess.

If you don't want/need the extra capabilities that the BB gives you, then you'll probably enjoy your Droid. I want and use all those capabilities that I mentioned earlier, so until Droid CAN do them, I am stuck paying more to get more...

But, you sound kind of ridiculous when you respond to a list of things the Android can't do that any BB can and you describe RIM as "years in the past in terms of integrated usability". Forward an email preserving an attachment? BB? Yes. Droid? No. WHO is years in the past here? (and yes, I'm talking strictly about within the context of someone who wants OTA sync of email, contacts, and calendar from a reliable vendor with guaranteed levels of service)
    I think you missed my point. Yes, there are ActiveSync issues with the Droid, but we were bound to expect something like that because of Android just recently having version updates to make it work with Enterprise capabilities. The point was, that once these issues get ironed out (and come closer to the capabilities of iPhone and WinMo devices alike), you'll see that Android can do just as much as BB can at a lesser cost to the bottom line then RIM can ever bring to the table.

Couple that with attachment limitations and download limitations that RIM imposes on everyone (unless you're smart enough to hack the BES config files and unlock those limits to some extent) and you'll soon realize what ActiveSync is better then BES... despite what platform it's on.

lol, I guess we're going to need to start an ActiveSync forum now.
    11-12-09 04:34 PM
    johnny i think cereal was talkin' to stuart, because he came in here trollin' saying that since the storm can do a couple of email things it's so much better. odds are good that stuart doesn't actually use the features, he is just trying to start a ruckus by finding three tiny a** things that the bb can do that the droid can't. congrats stuart you pointed out something that everyone already knew and about and nobody cares about.
    11-12-09 04:38 PM
    My bad see even having to deal with this thing for a year has affected my judgment and intelligence I now feel a little dumber than I once was thank you RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 04:55 PM
    I think you missed my point. Yes, there are ActiveSync issues with the Droid, but we were bound to expect something like that because of Android just recently having version updates to make it work with Enterprise capabilities. The point was, that once these issues get ironed out (and come closer to the capabilities of iPhone and WinMo devices alike), you'll see that Android can do just as much as BB can at a lesser cost to the bottom line then RIM can ever bring to the table.

Couple that with attachment limitations and download limitations that RIM imposes on everyone (unless you're smart enough to hack the BES config files and unlock those limits to some extent) and you'll soon realize what ActiveSync is better then BES... despite what platform it's on.

lol, I guess we're going to need to start an ActiveSync forum now.
    What is the point of talking about how great it (the Droid, a BB, whatever) is going to be in the future? Sure, the Droid will get some AS issues fixed. The BB's will get WebKit browsers. Blah, blah, blah.

My point is what they do TODAY.

Plus, until AS can sync Notes (which it cannot currently, and BES does), you're not going to convince me that AS is BETTER than BES.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not down on Android. Quite the opposite. I love the concept and I'm really looking forward to the time when it has been improved enough to replace MY BB (I understand it's already good enough to replace a lot of peoples' - just not mine). In the meantime, I'm watching and waiting. And when somebody pops in asking questions and all the fanboys jump up and start going on about how perfect it is and how it's a great replacement for whatever XYZ phone the person has, I will continue to point out that it is great, but it does have certain limitations that contrast it to its alternatives.
    11-12-09 04:56 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD