Ok, I'm a converted Storm user and on Day #2 with the Droid, so please forgive me here. I downloaded the Barcode Scanner based on user comments on here. The app is installed, the red line appears, I put it up to the screen to the barcode and nada.

I read some hints to have it back from the screen "further than you think".....am I the only one having issues with the Barcode Scanner?

Any helpful hints would be appreciated.
    11-19-09 10:59 PM
    scanning in a darker room helps, bright light in the room can cause a reflection making it harder for the scanner to focus, hold it approx 3 inches from screen.

It will take though. Hold it straight as well : )
    11-20-09 12:20 AM
    It can border on the point of ridiculous. This is not Droid flaw, its the same on any phone. The scanner can just be a real PITA, more often than not.
    11-20-09 12:26 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but do I have to have an app to scan or do I just take a picture. LOL Sorry they say no question is a dumb question.
    11-20-09 06:51 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but do I have to have an app to scan or do I just take a picture. LOL Sorry they say no question is a dumb question.
    Don't worry, I don't think it's a dumb question, because until Wednesday, I had no idea there was such a thing myself. Go to the "Market" and do a search for "Barcode Scanner". When installed, you'll see an infrared line going across the screen. Now if I could only successfully get it to work.

Cereal Killer - I will try holding it STRAIGHT and 3 inches from the monitor. (I take it you hold it steady and don't try to move it back and forth trying to get the scanner to grab all the barcode, just centered on it I'm guessing.

Thanks everyone.
    11-20-09 07:18 AM
    Thanks now I just have to find something to scan.
    11-20-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD