I think I'm addicted to changing devices. Ever since i learned google can sync my contacts, I've been open to trying new devices and stuff, but I've decided to come back to BB basically for....the keyboard and some quirky OS things I like.

Had the Tour, wanted to try some new things, had the Eris..played with a moto droid, not my cup of tea. Switched to T-mobile, used the iPhone for 2 months...nothing to go crazy about. I probably used apps for like a week, then it was just MMS, Safari, Phone, and E-mail.

3/4 things require a good amount of user input, and I missed the BB, so here I am with my 9700. Got it used today for $150, with original everything, pretty good condition.

Here's the deal, I don't have BIS for this BB. I'm around a wifi hotspot probably 90% of the day. I just can't seem to get the browser to use wifi. Once I get that working, then I'll see how my apps handle the wifi...but yea if someone could point me in the right direction to fixing this little issue...thanks
    08-30-10 02:38 AM
    You'll need a data plan to have more of the features work. Also, in Options > Advanced options > Browser, set it to Hotspot browser. Back out, save. Not much you can do without a data plan. Google maps won't work at all. Not even sure the Maps app will even work either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD