Much bigger battery, larger FF camera, Gorilla Glass 5 and AMOLED, but other than that roughly the same specs as KeyOne (minus the keyboard of course). $200 less.

The 5,000mAh ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom is available now for $329
    Last edited by DroidBerryGuy; 05-09-17 at 01:53 PM.
    05-09-17 01:25 PM
    I wonder what the screen size is, doesn't say there...
    05-09-17 01:27 PM
    I wonder what the screen size is, doesn't say there...
    5.5-inch. Not really a surprise, the KeyOne you are paying for the keyboard, if you don't want the keyboard, much better cheaper options available.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-09-17 01:31 PM
    Same here. I'm here for the PKB. Otherwise I'd have something else. (Currently on a Priv)
    05-09-17 01:34 PM
    5.5-inch. Not really a surprise, the KeyOne you are paying for the keyboard, if you don't want the keyboard, much better cheaper options available.
    /agreed

I wonder how long it'll take until the prices drop though. Priv's price dropped incredibly quickly.

Posted via my PP SE
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-09-17 01:34 PM
    Is a keyboard worth $200?
    05-09-17 01:39 PM
    If it's not to you, don't get it. If they offered a phone with S8 specs for $250 less but without a touchscreen and only two knobs to use it? Would you get that instead? If you say no, should we ask if a touchscreen is worth $250?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-09-17 01:41 PM
    That's a ridiculous analogy. These phones are near identical in specs aside from the keyboard. So the keyboard seems to be what drives the price up, therefore my question is valid.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-09-17 01:43 PM
    Note the "available now".
    mister2d likes this.
    05-09-17 01:44 PM
    Most definitely

I'm really interested to see what the reviews on this thing are going to be. If i didn't need a keyboard, this would be a contender.
    05-09-17 01:46 PM
    Most definitely

I'm really interested to see what the reviews on this thing are going to be. If i didn't need a keyboard, this would be a contender.
    I have a Priv and use the PK sparingly. I don't know that I "need" a PK as most of the time, I find myself using the VK. Although, I must admit I like having the best of both worlds with the Priv.
    05-09-17 01:49 PM
    "Basically the same specs" - except of course no physical keyboard which is the USP of the Keyone.
    05-09-17 01:50 PM
    I have a Priv and use the PK sparingly. I don't know that I "need" a PK as most of the time, I find myself using the VK. Although, I must admit I like having the best of both worlds with the Priv.
    Yeah, i don't have much insight on that, because I didn't jump to the Priv. I don't remember why, exactly Anyhow, I've read that a lot of Priv owners stick mostly to the VKB because they say it just seems like more of a hassle to slide the keyboard out. Not sure if that was the case for you or not.

I used the Z10 for a long while, but i just couldn't get used to typing on glass. It was funny, before I got it, I would 'practice' on my Bold by pretending my PKB was a VKB and type without pressing in the buttons. I thought this would give me a good feel for what it was going to be like haha. Needless to say, I was wrong. But I'm glad I gave it a go - now i know, for sure, that a PKB is the right choice for me.
    05-09-17 01:57 PM
    ... and only Android 6 btw.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 01:57 PM
    I bought a Zenfone 3 5.5". It also has a s625, more RAM than the KeyOne (4GB) and 64gb of storage. Got it for $200 CAD. It has Nougat. Gave it to my mom. When I have to write a long e-mail on a VKB I literally grind my teeth, no vkb can keep up with the amount of codeswitching I do. I'm under no delusion that I'm paying quite the premium for a physical keyboard but I need that KeyOne. I do hate myself for it a little for it so there's that lol! If I for some reason hate/cannot obtain the KeyOne, my next choice is the Zoom. Very satisfied with Snapdragon 625.
    Plazmic Flame and FF22 like this.
    05-09-17 02:10 PM
    For me, the overall package makes the deal. I am pretty sure the new Asus phone is a great deal, considering the specs, features and last but not least the agressive pricing. However I'd still pay those 200 bucks more the K1 anyday. For myself, having a physical keyboard is one of the most important aspects and more important than battery life. I have tried some of the better rated full-touch phones every once in a while, like the Galaxy Note Edge or Galaxy Note 7, while both are nice devices, I always found myself enjoying a phone much more when it packs a PKB.
    Last year I retired my Priv on favour of the dreaded Note 7 - needless to say I *had* to send it back due to the battery issues - and while it was really nice and great to use, getting my trusty Priv out of the drawer and having a PKB again was a nice experience compared to the still rather gimmicky use of the Note's S-Pen and overall features.

Now I switched to the K1 and would've most likely even done so if Samsung would have fixed the battery issues in the first place and it would be save using one. In short that's a question one can only answer for themselves individually. I am pretty sure the majority of people will be better off saving quite some money and go ahead buying either the Moto Z or the new Asus Zen 3 - but again, that wouldn't be an option for myself.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-09-17 02:11 PM
    Honesty I don't see the point of these threads, we all know that there are devices that have similar or better spec than the keyone , but those devices are boring slab phones that have no physical keyboards
    anon(2313227) and FF22 like this.
    05-09-17 02:12 PM
    Sony IMX 362 camera is very good ,almost like the Samsung S8 but litle sharper in pictures but video is beter on the samsung 8 camera (also Sony). That's a great deal also the Xiaomi P6+ has a Sony IMX 362 camera.

Both brands has more battery then the KEYone and most specs are the same and KEYone is still in my opinion very highed priced at the moment. When it was be on the market in januari for 599 euro it was fine but now six months later with cheaper new devcies with almost the same specs comparing it at the end of 2016,begin 2017 then I only can say the price is over the top. The Keyone comparing in timeline and price should be now around 500 euro, still they going for 600 euro.

I get more and more doubt and thinking to wait for the next keyboard device or wait till the price drops after a few months. Keep rocking my passport
    05-09-17 02:20 PM
    You can get ZTE v8 blade pro for $200 with almost identical spec as keyone but Asus zoom 3 has amoled screen with 5000mah. If camera is good, I'll take one.
    05-09-17 02:24 PM
    Also, pretty much no security updates or anything with the Asus. Furthermore, good luck if you need servicing. Asus is pretty bad in that regard.

Bottom line, you win some and lose some.
    05-09-17 02:25 PM
    Honesty I don't see the point of these threads, we all know that there are devices that have similar or better spec than the keyone , but those devices are boring slab phones that have no physical keyboards
    It's a decision for a nice device, but 300 euro for a keyboard, monthly update's and apps seems out of line comparing DTEK50/60 prices on launch with there Alcatel brothers . The price difference was around 100 between the brothers but comparing same chipset devices with more storage,ram, better battery seems out of line with 300 euro difference.

Do not blame me but I like to pay some extra for a keyboard and software but in my opinion it should be like 100 euro and maybe some extra 100 for the keyboard and that is it.
    05-09-17 02:26 PM
    You can get ZTE v8 blade pro for $200 with almost identical spec as keyone but Asus zoom 3 has amoled screen with 5000mah. If camera is good, I'll take one.
    Camera is sharper then S8 . The S8 has a better videocamera and front camera.. The asus has a better camera then the S7plus. It's a good deal , the only downside is that asus don't bring much update's ,still it has android 7.1.1
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-09-17 02:28 PM
    Camera is sharper then S8 . The S8 has a better videocamera and front camera.. The asus has a better camera then the S7plus. It's a good deal , the only downside is that asus don't bring much update's ,still it has android 7.1.1
    I couldn't find any reviews or is it too early for that? 5000mah will last like 3 or 4 days for me lol.
    05-09-17 02:58 PM
    By the way Qualcomm just announced the SD 660 & 630.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-09-17 03:20 PM
    By the way Qualcomm just announced the SD 660 & 630.
    Yes and I can't wait to try them!
    05-09-17 03:29 PM
69 123